PDA

View Full Version : Trigger question

sully08
06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I have a blue throat in a mostly FOWLR 220g. I would like to get another trigger, any suggestions for compatability?

burgerchow
06-18-2012, 06:09 PM
get the best. " clown trigger". Really smart fish, will become more like a pet.

tony_3a
06-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I am assuming you have a male right now, buy the female it looks a quite a bit different and it is cool to see them swimming around together and interacting. I originally bought a male and then about a month ago bought the female.

FishyFishy!
06-18-2012, 07:21 PM
I find that any trigger that dosn't have the same body shape will go together.

I would stick with the picasso/clown/bursa/undulated or Niger Trigger style. Anything that is the same shape as the Blue throat will usually beat eachother up when they get older (I.E a pink tail trigger)

I personally love my Niger Trigger, he's a tonne of fun to watch play around in the tank.

fishoholic
06-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Blue throats are one of the less aggressive triggers so I would stay away from a clown trigger and definitely stay away from an undulated, undulated triggers need their own separate tank without any other tankmates due to eventual aggression issues. Also adviod blueline and Titan triggers as they are very aggressive as well.

A bursa or picasso trigger should be fine with your bluethroat.

sully08
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
My blue throat use to have a nice "blue throat", but it has faded in the last little while. Would putting a female in with him bring his color back.