PDA

View Full Version : Apex Lite Neptune System causes fire

Gripenfelter
06-18-2012, 06:20 AM
POS!! GARBAGE!!

No rhyme no reason.

Just decided to catch fire. It's 1:15 am right now. Fire started at 12:40 am.

GRRRRRRRR!!!

What do you think my chances are of getting my money back?

Bought it last spring.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l375/Grip_Singh/35a85695.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l375/Grip_Singh/483ed793.jpg

lockrookie
06-18-2012, 06:31 AM
never hurts to contact them... sorry f0r your troubles glad everyone is ok and you where home when it happened could have been alot worse

Snaz
06-18-2012, 06:54 AM
That white stuff on the power bar looks like salt.

Gripenfelter
06-18-2012, 07:00 AM
That white stuff on the power bar looks like salt.

That was my first thought too but it's not. The plugs melted and oozed that white stuff out.

cale262
06-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Sorry the read this, I had the same thing happen to me two winters ago...it was my fault though. My power bar was lying flat in the bottom of my stand, water ran down the cord of one of my power heads and I had no drip loops... My wife actually found it burning, I was really happy she didn't receive a shock as she pulled it out of the wall and threw it in the snow outside, hard lesson for me, now everything is high and tight with drip loops.

whatcaneyedo
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Sorry the read this, I had the same thing happen to me two winters ago...it was my fault though. My power bar was lying flat in the bottom of my stand, water ran down the cord of one of my power heads and I had no drip loops... My wife actually found it burning, I was really happy she didn't receive a shock as she pulled it out of the wall and threw it in the snow outside, hard lesson for me, now everything is high and tight with drip loops.

I've had a regular power bar begin to spark and smoke because I accidentally splashed it with water too.

Gripenfelter
06-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah no water here. Bone dry. Weird.

Skimmerking
06-18-2012, 03:33 PM
WOw grip sorry to hear if you need another Controller I have my proflux that i havent hooked up yet you can use it until you get sorted out.

Coralgurl
06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Happy that you and your family are ok.

This makes me nervous as I've just ordered the Apex. Will you be following up with the manufacturer?

DAVE
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Do you have that massive yellow power bar plugged into the APEX powerbar?

I know it is probably not the reason for the fire, but you should never be plugging in power pars to power bars.

Glad to hear you were home and able to put out the fire before a real disaster occurred.

scherzo
06-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I had power bars do this. Even with a small splash of water. Once it finished sizzling and freaking out it was bone dry because of the heat it generated.

Where was this mounted? We're you there when it caught fire?

Cal_stir
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Do you have that massive yellow power bar plugged into the APEX powerbar?

I know it is probably not the reason for the fire, but you should never be plugging in power pars to power bars.

Glad to hear you were home and able to put out the fire before a real disaster occurred.

+1, I don't know aout Manitoba but in Ontario it is illegal to daisy chain power bars. Looks like it got overloaded.

reefwars
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67997&highlight=caught+house+fire&page=3

fire is never good:P glad everyones ok:)

Enigma
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Have you been able to determine a cause yet?

This makes me nervous.