PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of a dwarf lion fish jumping outa the tank?

megs_clark
06-17-2012, 03:33 AM
My Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish Jumped out of my tank, 2 times in two days. I was in the room the first time but wasnt home the second time so I lost him. Has anyone hear of this kind of fish doing this? Iv had him for months and didnt think they were jumpers.

Mandosh
06-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Yep, they'll jump. I think anything will jump. I forgot to put the cover back on my tank after a water change one night and found mine dried up behind the tank a couple of days later.

fishytime
06-17-2012, 04:17 AM
+1.....Laurie (fishoholic) has had one jump too

megs_clark
06-17-2012, 04:53 AM
I had no idea. Thanks for the replys, I dont feel as bad now. I guess I better figure out a screen!

paddyob
06-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Yep, they'll jump. I think anything will jump. I forgot to put the cover back on my tank after a water change one night and found mine dried up behind the tank a couple of days later.

Did someone start a thread recently on covering tanks? Lol.

Sorry for your loss. I personally would have covered it after the first jump.

Any fish has potential to Jump.

fishoholic
06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
+1.....Laurie (fishoholic) has had one jump too

yep mine jumped :sad: got an egg create cover over the tank now

megs_clark
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
I was going to get a cover for it after the first jump (which was 9 in the evening....but the second jump was the next morning. I didnt have much of a chance and wasnt expecting him to do it again so fast. I had him for months with out him ever doing it. But Ill take it as a learning expierience and am going to cover it before buying another. Think Ill go the egg crate route also. Need something easliy removed for feeding with tongs.

Dez
06-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Years ago ours jumped and my wife instinctively picked it up with her bare hands to put it back in the tank. Let's just say that she was in a lot of pain immediately after for a while.