PDA

View Full Version : .: AquaCentral.ca :. - Fresh concept!

AquaCentral
06-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi all, I just wanted to try and promote the site. I don't want to post all over this site and get myself banned so I am only posting in the designated area! (I hope - If not please PM me and I will make the appropriate corrections)

Quick rundown is that we have started a new site (Please don't think ahh.. not another one) for the exchange of used / new / livestock / etc.. to a Canada wide audience.

I hate going onto KIJIJI or the USED and Craigslist networks and finding CAT's forsale in the "OTHER" / " FISH" sections. Its hard to navigate and really just annoying.

Please check out the site AquaCentral (http://www.aquacentral.ca) and let me know what you think!

Again, thanks for your time!:surprise:

Aquattro
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Here's my thoughts

Canreef has an extensive used/for sale section, no cats allowed.

My usedyourcity.com has an extensive Fish section, never seen a cat in there.

This new site, first ad I see is a Mag 3 pump, apparently used, for $150 bucks. That's almost 3x the new price. I voted "not another one" simply because I had to go look to review the link.
I won't go back....

AquaCentral
06-15-2012, 03:11 PM
We appreciate the feed back and your opinions.

"This new site, first ad I see is a Mag 3 pump, apparently used, for $150 bucks. That's almost 3x the new price. I voted "not another one" simply because I had to go look to review the link.
I won't go back...."

Although we can moderate the content that people put on the site, we cannot tell them a price to put it at. That would be like me saying oh, someone posted 1 ecotech radion on kijiji for $1500 so therefore I am never going back to the site because of this. I am not arguing your statement, simply putting it into better context.

Again, thank you for your input as we do appreciate everyone's idea's and thoughts.

FishyFishy!
06-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Here's my thoughts

Canreef has an extensive used/for sale section, no cats allowed.

My usedyourcity.com has an extensive Fish section, never seen a cat in there.

This new site, first ad I see is a Mag 3 pump, apparently used, for $150 bucks. That's almost 3x the new price. I voted "not another one" simply because I had to go look to review the link.
I won't go back....

The funny thing is.... on usedcalgary.com .... He advertised ! hahaha

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/HAHA.jpg

CANREEF BUY/SELL FTW

AquaCentral
06-15-2012, 03:15 PM
We did indeed. No shame in that

paddyob
06-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Most of the the time, mods don't allow non-sponsors to post like this.

Interesting to me , as a long time member was given the gears over it when he started a new biz.... And it's not fair to paying sponsors. At least this is how Canreef used to be.....

jon1985
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
In my opinion it never hurts to have more sites to sell things on. Equipment comes and goes so fast from our tanks that the faster I can sell it the better.

I see no problem with the advertising, after all the more people who use it the better.

Nano
06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Most of the the time, mods don't allow non-sponsors to post like this.

Interesting to me , as a long time member was given the gears over it when he started a new biz.... And it's not fair to paying sponsors. At least this is how Canreef used to be.....
+1

The General Rules of Canreef are changing, effective March 11, 2012. At this time, unless you are a Canreef sponsor, no business names in signature lines or business names as user names will be permitted. Also, if you own an aquarium business, you will not be permitted to sell things reef related as a regular user.
We also ask that you remove any reference to your profession.

Thank you for your cooperation

paddyob
06-15-2012, 03:21 PM
In my opinion it never hurts to have more sites to sell things on. Equipment comes and goes so fast from our tanks that the faster I can sell it the better.

I see no problem with the advertising, after all the more people who use it the better.

True, but the advertising for business' here is paid for.

FishyFishy!
06-15-2012, 03:38 PM
True, but the advertising for business' here is paid for.

Exactly. Support CanReef!

Aquattro
06-15-2012, 03:53 PM
The post is allowed as a reference to a site, as the title of the forum suggests. The poster is not offering any competing product nor selling anything, simply posting a link with a poll that so far suggests that not many people are interested.
I don't see this as a problem at this time, but we'll watch and make sure nobody breaks any rules.

Seriak
06-15-2012, 03:54 PM
It might be good for those people who want to regularly sell frags but don't sell enough to warrant a sponsership on canreef. I also didn't like all the ad space everywhere trying to sell me items not even related to fish.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Went there. All the prices are at least full retail from what I can see. Every ad I opened was from Ontario, so yes, Central Canada.

I have a tough enough time keeping up with checking my Canreef, BCAquaria, Hotmail & Craigslist sites. Didn't see anything at this point to make me add another to the list.

Sorry, but with shipping rates in Canada, a Canada-wide fish buy/sell site doesn't work financially for me, especially if they're asking full retail on everything. High prices + shipping = I'm going to drive to J&L or one of the other LFS and buy it for much, much cheaper.

If it takes off in the West, and there are lots of good deals offered in the Greater Vancouver area, then I would end up using it. Otherwise the cost of shipping is prohibitive.

Anthony

Snaz
06-15-2012, 05:01 PM
I wonder what Disney would think if they knew you have appropriated their IC for your banner ads.

Nano
06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
:lol:I wonder what Disney would think if they knew you have appropriated their IC for your banner ads.

AquaCentral
06-15-2012, 06:35 PM
The post is allowed as a reference to a site, as the title of the forum suggests. The poster is not offering any competing product nor selling anything, simply posting a link with a poll that so far suggests that not many people are interested.
I don't see this as a problem at this time, but we'll watch and make sure nobody breaks any rules.

Thanks, I wasn't trying to post it here to try and break any rules. Canreef has their classifieds I agree and they have a lot of flow.

We will take all of the constructive criticism to mind and work that that.

When ever I personally post something for sale, I post it to as many locations as I possibly can because that helps sell it faster since there is a strong target audience. We are not trying to make people NOT post on canreef, we are simply offering another platform to do so. I understand there are some that don't like it and that's completely acceptable..Its not something we will hold against you.

Again, thanks for the input.:)

MarkoD
06-15-2012, 10:33 PM
do you own the rights to all the images used on your website or did you just steal them off google images?

http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mob_440.jpg