PDA

View Full Version : Moving Question

GracieLou
06-12-2012, 01:41 AM
At the moment I have a 10g mixed nano with SPS, LPS, softies and a pair of black ocellaris clownfish. I have to be out of my current place at the end of June but the new house I'm building is not going to be done until the end of July. Therefore the tank has to be moved twice about a month apart. The last move into my new house will be into a bigger tank. I was thinking to remove fish and corals then just leave enough water to keep the live rock in the tank submerged and move it like that. The tear down and set up can be down probably within 2 hours. Is this the best way to go about this? There's not much left in there for sand to stir up. I'm not overly worried about the LPS and softies, but can I expect major issues with the fish and SPS moving them back to back like that?

Starry
06-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Can store things at my place if need be. just moved from kelowna to lethbridge, 70 gallons to a 180 and things went pretty well. A 10 gllon would be a snap.

Starry
06-12-2012, 02:53 AM
And to answer your question, no, you shouldnt have any problems as long as your cafefull, and plan ahead.

GracieLou
06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Thanks I'll keep that in mind! Sorry you left beautiful Kelowna for Lethbridge! lol

GracieLou
06-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Well the good news is a may not have to worry about moving SPS at all as the bad news is I came home today to find them bleached and half dead. I can't decide if it's the "bad carbon" look that I changed out last night or the "My two year old daughter put something in my water" look. Either way it sucks! :sad:

... Rare white frags for sale!!! hehehe jk!