PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Calcium Meter

ChefFish
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone. I'm not a big fan of doing color comparisons when it comes to testing. I was thinking of going with Hanna, as I have a Hanna Phosphate meter and really like it. Has anyone used the Hanna Calcium Meter or have any information on them or any other digital calcium meter? For me, price doesn't matter as much as accuracy.

DAVE
06-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello everyone. I'm not a big fan of doing color comparisons when it comes to testing. I was thinking of going with Hanna, as I have a Hanna Phosphate meter and really like it. Has anyone used the Hanna Calcium Meter or have any information on them or any other digital calcium meter? For me, price doesn't matter as much as accuracy.

IMO the Hanna Calcium checker is horrible. You can search the internet for a number of reviews/issues this checker has had. I know people have been getting better (consistent) results using a smaller syringe (which you will need to purchase separately). There has been some recent developments on RC where someone has put out instructions for an easier way to test using the Calc checker.

For me, in the time it takes to get one test completed with the Hanna Checker I can do multiple tests using the basic Salifert test kit.

I love the Hanna Alk/Phos, but the Calc is brutal (and expensive to test).

ChefFish
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanx Hydrologist for the information, guess im back to the old tests for now

monocus
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
the instructions are a little vague,but after a few tests i have no problem with it.the only problem is that i've spilt 2 bottles of the regent.all the checkers are different-an easy way to remember things is put a sticker on the ones that you have to hold the button on-makes testing faster.for the calcium i have the regent and salt water already in the syringes,the packet open and a large syringe with r/o water ready

ChefFish
06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanx monocus, so far 1 good, 1 bad. anyone else?

NanoCat
06-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I have no problems with my hanna Ca checker. I did take a few test to get the hang of it but after that no problems. I have checked it against a salifert test a few times and it was always very close. Also to make adding the powdered reagent easy and more accurate buy or make a scoopula like I did. You can just crease a stiff plastic card to open the packet onto and the dump into the vial.

sphelps
06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I like my Hanna calcium, way easier than other test kits and my results seem fairly consistent although I haven't compared it directly to other test kits.

subman
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I like my Hanna calcium, way easier than other test kits and my results seem fairly consistent although I haven't compared it directly to other test kits.

I agree with sphelps. Testing ca is always bad i find the hanna the easiest and seems consistent.

Sunee
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree with sphelps and subman, my Hanna Ca, easy to use and seems consistent.