PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Tank Salt

Enigma
06-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Is it okay to use a different salt in my hospital/qt than my display? The gent I purchased my qt system from gave me what was left of his salt. I use the IO Reef Crystals, and he gave me the regular IO salt.

I'm thinking it will be fine for the fish, but I just want to double check.

Thx :)

Aquattro
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Ya, that's fine..

gregzz4
06-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Just to elaborate on Brad's post :razz:
It will be fine to use it in the hospital, but you may want to test and compare all the params between the 2 tanks before you put them in the DT in case there are major diffs

Aquattro
06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
I use Reefer's Best in my tank, and the cheap Seachem for my Q tank. Just finished with a Queen Angel in there for a month, and dumped her right into the DT, no issues at all.

Enigma
06-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Calcium and magnesium will differ significantly between the two tanks. pH might wind up quite different, as I've set the QT up in the basement in the laundry room (near that big old drain in the floor :lol:) and the air is quite different down there.

Otherwise, everything else should be pretty similar. The gent I got the setup from gave me everything he was dosing, so I can adjust the hospital tank if need be (though I shouldn't need to).

I'll acclimate the fish when I move them from the DT to the QT, and then to the new DT.