PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!

ruck'n'reefer
07-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Still trying to figure out the losses. These are for sure: 1 kole tang, one jaw fish, a true perc (wasn't eating when I left), and haven't seen my porcelin (sp?) crabs.

All corals seem ok.

I had to take out a lot of algae when I got back. My sitter wasn't removing any. Other than that, pretty good for being away for a month.

SuperFudge
07-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Bummer,How come they died?

Welcome back Rob. :cool:

Marc.

[ 18 July 2002, 17:24: Message edited by: Superfudge ]

ruck'n'reefer
07-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Just guesses but: the jawfish was in the same burrow as a larger jawfish, so maybe stress or starvation? (I though they had paired) The true perc was due to an irresponsible reef keeper (I bought wild caught) he wasn't eating before I left! The kole tang is a mystery maybe the yellow tang sliced him again?? As for the crabs, I think it is a pistol shrimp that hunts every so often when he is really hungery.

I haven't a final count yet, (I have to look at the night time critters). I feel bad but, my sitter was only filling the top up and feeding every few days. Not her fault!

My infeed for the calcium reactor was plugged with crudd. There was still a flow though. All fixed now. My new sps is doing well, you should come over to see it (anyone?).

My mangroves are ready for rope-swings!!! That will be our next DIY project!! They are getting huge! I still have a few that aren't dead but aren't growing.

I pulled tons of algae out, each day since I have been back.
All in all I was pleased, I was away for a month, and the tank had minimal maintainance.

Anyone need halimeda or caulerpa?

DJ88
07-19-2002, 03:18 PM
You had me scared there Rob.. I thought something had hapened to your tank. ie min-crash..

glad to hear all is well tho. well sort of. ;)