PDA

View Full Version : Fragalot GRVD Group Buy Part Deux

Snaz
06-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Burc has advised he has new stock and sent me some pictures and the stuff is very nice. He says the website will be updated by late Monday night but check sooner. I'll see if I can reshare the albums he sent me tonight.

So same as last time, see previous thread here at the end of this message, I will post a public spreadsheet were we can keep track of our orders. This time for your orders I want you to include any credits you may have.

Our Alberta friends are doing a group buy this week so we need to get started asap if we want a share of the new pieces too.

1 - When is cutoff and when is ship date, let's discuss.

2. - Seahorse_Fanatic are you willing to receive again?

3. - Any suggestions to improve this process?

Thanks.
Keith.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85682

ScubaSteve
06-04-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm in. Again. Can you share the albums with me?

htfn
06-04-2012, 05:22 AM
I have a credit from the last one, so I'm in.

Snaz
06-04-2012, 06:01 AM
These new arrivals are not on the website yet and so might be subject to change. Do not get mad at me or Burc if the photos I linked above are not available for sale.

dc4
06-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Ill be down for some zoas.

Rogue951
06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
My missed order from last time will be hitching a ride.

Coasting
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
3. - Any suggestions to improve this process?

Less people, and cut it off at a certain dollar amount. With $1300 in coral theres a much larger space for error, then you add in how many people were apart of the order, it just adds confusion.

Snaz
06-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Less people, and cut it off at a certain dollar amount. With $1300 in coral theres a much larger space for error, then you add in how many people were apart of the order, it just adds confusion.
I like this idea too. Agreed $500 limit including credit a good cut-off? I think also anyone who has a credit from the last GB that wants in on this GB should be able to to do so regards of the current dollar value already ordered.
Keith

Aquattro
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Please do not post links to his inventory here. Anyone interested can go to his site, or contact him for links.

Snaz
06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Please do not post links to his inventory here. Anyone interested can go to his site, or contact him for links.

Ahh well Aquattro you hosed the link to my document too.

I understand the admins of this board do not like Burc because he pulled sponsorship but we the community will continue to use him. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way.

Here again is the public spreadsheet of MY DOCUMENT that we are using to organize this GB.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2UqaPOb2OqdHhZdFhydjgyQktyLU9TSjhBNXVSX 3c#gid=0

If anyone wants the links to Burc's new stock photos, send me a PM and I'll reply.

Aquattro
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I understand the admins of this board do not like Burc because he pulled sponsorship but we the community will continue to use him. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way.

you can use whomever you like, no concerns at all. You cannot advertise for those vendors though, that are not sponsors on the board. Lastly, he did not pull sponsorship, it was revoked for repeatedly screwing people. Which is why he is not liked by some.

Coasting
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I like this idea too. Agreed $500 limit including credit a good cut-off? I think also anyone who has a credit from the last GB that wants in on this GB should be able to to do so regards of the current dollar value already ordered.
Keith

I like the sound of a $500 limit.
But if those with credit get in regardless if the dollar limit is reached, then we could still end up with a huge order...
If 5 people who had perfect orders last time order new stuff totalling $500, then 5 people who have credits want in as well and order another say $100 each, we've already hit $1000.
If theres so many more people that the total goes well past that $500, then make those a seperate order on another date. Burc will still hold the frags. The less thats sent out all at once the better for everyone.

IMO either people with credit get first dibs, and others make their own order or people with credit its still a first come first serve. Lets keep this small so its easier on you and Anthony, as well as Burc and his employees, because remember guys its not Burc packing the orders himself, so the less confusion with us the better the orders will go.

Unless anyone from the Tri-Citys/Ridge meadows wants to go in on a mini group order just to hit the $300 mark?

I will NOT be including back up's this time LOL

Snaz
06-05-2012, 01:18 AM
I like the sound of a $500 limit.
But if those with credit get in regardless if the dollar limit is reached, then we could still end up with a huge order...
If 5 people who had perfect orders last time order new stuff totalling $500, then 5 people who have credits want in as well and order another say $100 each, we've already hit $1000.
If theres so many more people that the total goes well past that $500, then make those a seperate order on another date. Burc will still hold the frags. The less thats sent out all at once the better for everyone.

IMO either people with credit get first dibs, and others make their own order or people with credit its still a first come first serve. Lets keep this small so its easier on you and Anthony, as well as Burc and his employees, because remember guys its not Burc packing the orders himself, so the less confusion with us the better the orders will go.

Unless anyone from the Tri-Citys/Ridge meadows wants to go in on a mini group order just to hit the $300 mark?

I will NOT be including back up's this time LOL

Yes the folk with credit from the previous GB should have guaranteed access to this GB. I think the $500 is only a target that ensures we have a nice order that qualifies for free shipping and ensures the credit folk get a chance to order some coral.

Snaz
06-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Ordering Info

Same as last time.

PM me with the EXACT description of the piece you want, quantity and price and I will add you to the spreadsheet.

1 x Aussie Maze $10
2 x Watermelon Zoanthid($10) $20

If you want to include a second choice with each you may do so but looking at the last order this might have resulted in some wrong frags. Best if an item is sold out I will advise and you change or withdraw your order.

All items will be shipped to a single GRVD location and purchasers must pick up their pieces same day. I have not heard from Anthony yet if he will receive the order like last time, he did a great job so I hope he does.

Look tonight and tomorrow for updated fragalot.ca website.
Keith

Coasting
06-05-2012, 01:47 AM
PM me with the EXACT description of the piece you want, quantity and price and I will add you to the spreadsheet.

I can't help it... I picked those ones out from the e-mails last night, no idea what they will cost me yet or I would have you the totals:(

I dont think there will be a problem reaching $500, the problem will be keeping the order that low. Should make the cut off fairly soon. There can always be more orders.

monocus
06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
when do you need the money and when is the cut off for the order.also if anthony cant hold the corals i can-just completed a 40 gal frag tank-hopefully my light will be in this week for it

ug.mac
06-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm in for following: :mrgreen:

1 x White Lines acan 2 heads $10
1 x Teal and Red Aussie Acan $10

Thanks Snaz.

ug.

dc4
06-05-2012, 03:44 AM
pm'ed

Snaz
06-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Ordering
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2UqaPOb2OqdHhZdFhydjgyQktyLU9TSjhBNXVSX 3c#gid=0
Cut-off and ship date are still to be determined. Likely asap so we can get some of these new pieces. Send me a PM with your order in the following format, Full name of frag as it appears on the website, price per frag, quantity and total. Also please include your real first name and cellphone number you want to be contacted on day of arrival. If you have a credit from the previous group buy then include that in your PM to me
2 x White Lines acan 2 heads($10) $20
1 x Teal and Red Aussie Acan $10

Payment
We need to get at least $300 on the spreadsheet before we can order and save the shipping fee. Do not pay at this time, I will advise when to make the payments

Payments are between and you and Burc and these are the instructions he has given to me. There are a number of ways to make your payment and I will outline each here, choose ONE.

1. Order via his website and use the included shopping cart. YOU WILL BE CHARGED $45 shipping fee You must then immediately email Burc at bucak@sympatico.ca and let him know you placed an order, what the order contains, the order confirmation number and that the order is to be included in the Vancouver Group Buy(GB), he will then refund the $45 shipping fee to your credit card or paypal account.

2. If you are familiar with Paypal then make a payment directly to his address(bucak@sympatico.ca) and pay only for your frags plus 5% tax. Make sure you indicate to him the frags you want and that you are part of the Vancouver GB.

3. Use Electronic Money Transfer(Interac) and pay only for the price of the frags. Make sure you indicate to him the frags you want and that you are part of the Vancouver GB.

PLEASE DO NOT PAY AT THIS TIME, we are just collecting the orders right now.

CUT-OFF and SHIPDATE
I propose we stop taking order on Friday June 15th or when we hit $500(not including credit orders). We would instruct Burc to ship Monday 18th to arrive GRVD on Tuesday the 19th before noon PST.

ARRIVAL and PICKUP
You must pickup your frags on the same day they arrive! The receiver(Seahorse_Fanatic?) will only float the frags to keep them warm so technically they are still in transit until you take them home.

DOA and WRONG ORDERS
Yes mistakes do happen, a lot. Make sure you take pictures of everything and contact Burc ASAP.

Burc has access to the spreadsheet so he will start to put things aside for us. If something is sold out he will advise ASAP so you can order something else or drop out and not pay.
Keith

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I'll receive them again.

Ginu
06-05-2012, 09:59 PM
NM - I found out...

Ginu
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM
And here is my order:

1*Blueeyed Blondes - 10
1*Devils Breath - 10
1*Purple Heart - 15
1*Mean Red - 15
1*La Lakers - 15
1*Purple Tip Hammer - 10
1*Translucent Hammer - 10
1*Teal and Red Aussie Acan - 10
1*Orange Ric - 15

Total 110$ and I should have a 35$ credit with Burc

ScubaSteve
06-06-2012, 02:17 AM
I'll be ordering $30 worth plus $50 in replacements from the other order (so $80 total). I'll settle up with Burc tomorrow.

Snaz
06-06-2012, 02:44 AM
And here is my order:

1*Blueeyed Blondes - 10
1*Devils Breath - 10
1*Purple Heart - 15
1*Mean Red - 15
1*La Lakers - 15
1*Purple Tip Hammer - 10
1*Translucent Hammer - 10
1*Teal and Red Aussie Acan - 10
1*Orange Ric - 15

Total 110$ and I should have a 35$ credit with Burc

Ok Ginu added your order, check the spreadsheet for accuracy. Please any changes PM rather than post here. Thanks
Keith

Coasting
06-06-2012, 02:50 AM
I am still waiting on prices from Burc.
I am getting a few frags of some of the Acan colonies, but still havn't been given a price, been told how many heads they include but thats it. Also havn't been told whats happening with my replacements/credits yet. :question:

Ginu
06-06-2012, 09:22 AM
I am still waiting on prices from Burc.
I am getting a few frags of some of the Acan colonies, but still havn't been given a price, been told how many heads they include but thats it. Also havn't been told whats happening with my replacements/credits yet. :question:

I was a little confused and emailed Burc in regards to credits. Below is what his answer was:

"All new frags have been added to website.

You can just say you have 35$ credit and take it out from your payment.

Thanks for the order. "

Coasting
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Haha, i got an answer to my DOA/credit question, still dont know how much the frags I want to order will cost. I'm getting frags of some of the "colonies" he has because Im broke and cant afford the whole colony LOL.

Just an FYI
Burc said the cost of the white line acans are $15 per 2 heads, and that theres an error on the website, and it seems a few people have ordered them.

Snaz
06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok guys. We have reached our goal of $500 NOT including credits and replacements so I am cutting off new orders so if you missed out on the this GB you will have to wait for the next one. This does NOT include changes or additions to those who are on this GB and anyone with credit from the the LAST GB is welcome to be included in this GB if they are not already. No new buyers on this GB. Thank you.

I originally told Burc we would probably ship to arrive on Tuesday the 19th but since this filled up so fast what do you think of ordering to arrive next week Tuesday the 12th? I need the majority of those on the GB to agree on this date please, indicate yea or nay here in this thread. Thanks.
Keith

dc4
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Yay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Kryos
06-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I originally told Burc we would probably ship to arrive on Tuesday the 19th but since this filled up so fast what do you think of ordering to arrive next week Tuesday the 12th? I need the majority of those on the GB to agree on this date please, indicate yea or nay here in this thread. Thanks.
Keith

Good thing Tuesdays work best for me so the earlier the better.
~Yay.

Ginu
06-06-2012, 04:42 PM
No problem by me.

Cheers,

ScubaSteve
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I have to fly out of town again on the 19th, so the 12th is preferred. Yay.

ug.mac
06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
No problem here.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I can receive Tuesday 12th.

Coasting
06-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Doesn't matter to me, That tuesday I will be working 8-5 so could head out to Anthonys after work (ew rush hour).

Rogue951
06-07-2012, 06:33 AM
I can be by at night.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-07-2012, 08:49 AM
As with Part 1, I will be available from the time it arrives (before noon last time) till late at night (I'm a night owl).

I do not want to have to store people's frags overnight so make sure you can pick yours up or have someone pick them up for you.

Paigee
06-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh shoot I missed out on this. I'm down for maybe $50, he's got some nice zoas up there now, and a couple acans I like. Let me know for next time!

Snaz
06-08-2012, 05:51 AM
URGENT!
Burc has replied that our order will likely not ship on Monday as he has two other group buys to assemble that day.

What say we hold off one day and ship Tuesday to arrive Wednesday June 13th?

ug.mac
06-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Good for Burc.
I'm good for Wednesday.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Wednesday works for me.

dc4
06-08-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm good with that as well.

Coasting
06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Thursday or Friday woule be better since I get those days off :P
But wednesday can work.

Kryos
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Thursdays work better for me as well, but I can also work with Wednesday.

Snaz
06-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Ok I'll email Burc and ask for Wednesday arrival.

Snaz
06-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Ok I'll email Burc and ask for Wednesday arrival.

Ok confirmed with Burc our order will ship June 12th to arrive Wednesday June 13th before noon.

Please pay now and let me know and I'll update the spreadsheet.

Ginu
06-09-2012, 03:19 AM
That's good news because I work on Thursday's and Friday evenings and days.

Now would anyone from north van be able to pick my order up when they get theirs as most likely won't be able to pick it up until late wed.

Thanks,

Snaz
06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Ok guys. We are shipping on Tuesday so please pay now, and PM me to confirm and I will update the spreadsheet. Thank you.
Keith

Snaz
06-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Our order is enroute. Fedex tracking number is 793669866354 and will arrive at Anthony's house before noon tomorrow.

Keith.

Ginu
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Good news :)

Can't wait to fill the tank with more frags.

Cheers,

Coasting
06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
So I sent burc an 2 or 3 e-mails last week, no reply.
Sent him my EMT on the weekend, it hasn't been accepted yet.

Dont know whats going on :S

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-12-2012, 08:51 PM
As before, I will post on here once the Fedex package arrives. If anyone still needs my contact number or address, please pm me.

Expect everyone to pick up their frags on Wednesday. I sleep late so coming after work is not a problem.

Coasting
06-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Phew! Got a reply and transfer accepted. Yay for frags on the way!

Fluked out that I'm not needed tomorrow so I will be there to pick my frags up ASAP!

Ginu
06-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Phew! Got a reply and transfer accepted. Yay for frags on the way!

Fluked out that I'm not needed tomorrow so I will be there to pick my frags up ASAP!

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Bugsy
06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I have a question in regards to ordering from this company.

Heard lots of negative things and some positive.

How reliable is this company?

Do they send you the frags that are shown on their site? Or do they send something else?

Good healthy frags?

Ginu
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Do they send you the frags that are shown on their site? Or do they send something else?

Good healthy frags?

In my experience I've got nothing but good things to say.
Sure some frags arrived doa however it's to be expected as we don't pick what we want in a store. For the doa frags I got credit so there is nothing to complain about.
In My last order I had ordered 9 frags and 3 were doa; the healthy frags look awesome and recovered well within the day which left me pleased with them.
Also the prices are more than reasonable and I will buy from fragalot again; this is my second order from fragalot.

Bugsy
06-12-2012, 11:48 PM
That is good to hear, do they have a phone number?

How long did it take for them to get to you?

Have you ordered any rics from him? If so were you happy with them?

Paigee
06-13-2012, 12:44 AM

I'm not part of this order but I did the last one, and I got two rics that are doing great!

Bugsy
06-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Are the frags nice size?

What do they come mounted on?

Snaz
06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Are the frags nice size?

Mounted on standard plugs. The website will say "$10 for 5-7 heads" or something similar but usually you get more so it is a nice bonus. My lady last Acan was advertised as three heads but it arrived with five+

Nano
06-13-2012, 02:48 AM

i ordered some rics last order and got more then i asked for, and exactly the ones i ordered, very happy, sps is a bit touchy to ship, but all the rest IME are fine.
If I email him he gets back to me with in the hour and is very helpful, even sending pictures of frags not listed on his site some times
I have nothing but good things to say

Ginu
06-13-2012, 03:00 AM

Good healthy frags?

Are the frags nice size?

Frags are nice size and come mounted on cora plugs or tiles

Last shipment I got a ric (multicolored) and its very nice in size and it's doing very well so I'm getting another ric this shipment.
Only drawback is the fact that it doesn't look 100% like in the pic however I use a MHI lamp and 453 blue LEDs for atinics so there is no chance it will ever look the same... Regardless I love my ric and do does my pistol shrimp, I do t know how he does it but he manages ro move a ric on a plug to his hole. :mrgreen:

My watermellon zooas are awesome looking and honestly it's huge...I would say its almost double what I expected.

dreef
06-13-2012, 03:12 AM
If your pleasant with Burc,even if your upset about something,he will make it good with you.I swore years ago never again..100% doa..sps..but that's all i order.He's changed and replys to my emails very promptly and my frags are almost always multiple branched and can be 2 inches tall.Here's a 1 inch frag from a march group order,more like an inch and a 1/2 ...the sexy piece mid pic

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/stock_1/DSCF1036.jpg

Bugsy
06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
That is good to know there are so many happy people. I am interested in a couple paly's and a couple rics.

What email do you all use to contact him?

And lastly about how long (days) are these corals in transit?

dreef
06-13-2012, 04:02 AM
They are shipped overnight email bucak@sympatico.ca

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Working till 3 in the morning, going to bed & waking up before 9 am to make sure I can see the FEDEX truck when it gets here in the morning - Yeah!!!

If I'm kinda groggy when you come pick up your frags, you now know why.

See you all Wednesday.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Too hyped up to sleep much last night (finally dozed off around 6am). Up and waiting for the FEDEX truck. 9am is the earliest. Noon is supposedly the latest. Last time is was around 10:30ish. I will post on here when its in.

Snaz
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Too hyped up to sleep much last night (finally dozed off around 6am). Up and waiting for the FEDEX truck. 9am is the earliest. Noon is supposedly the latest. Last time is was around 10:30ish. I will post on here when its in.

Coffee.

Rogue951
06-13-2012, 05:22 PM
sugar....
lol...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-13-2012, 05:44 PM
It's HERE!!!!!!!

Just got the box 20 seconds ago. Haven't opened it yet.

Let the RUSH begin.

Coasting
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Allright, I'm heading over!

Rogue951
06-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Woot! I HOPE mine are in there this time!!!
I'll txt you later, or if you read this can you tell me if mine was remembered this time?

Jason
Red Planet,
Aussi Pocci
Rasperry Milli.

Ginu
06-13-2012, 06:01 PM
It's HERE!!!!!!!

Just got the box 20 seconds ago. Haven't opened it yet.

Let the RUSH begin.

I'm all excited however at work until later on tonight :)

Has anyone heard from Burc in regards to the refund for shipping? I've emailed him yesterday but no action was taken...

Ginu
06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Anybody get their frags?
How do they look?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
My stuff all looks FABULOUS:biggrin: Couldn't be happier.

Snaz
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Pictures please. My zoas are still closed, probably tomorrow before they open.
Keith.

Coasting
06-13-2012, 11:26 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralWhiteline.jpg
White line acans

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralToxic.jpg
Toxic Acans

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralPurpleGreenBlasto.jpg
Purple green blasto - Credit purchase

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralPurpleBase.jpg
Purple base acans

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralNuclear.jpg
Nuclear acans

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralNeonRainbow.jpg
Saw the "odd" neon rainbow acans Derek got last time and had to get some of my own. And Burc told me he was out, super excited about these ones. Havnt opened up much however. Hope they make it.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/CoralPurpletiptorch.jpg
Purple tip torch - Credit. Didn't handle shipping well at all. Water was quite brown :( one side already looks like its about to fall apart, exactly what my torch did last time. Been waiting for 6 months to get some torch. I think Torch coral just hates me :(

All in all, SUPER HAPPY. Day 1 and except that oddball Neon rainbow (which I think look better), everything looks just like what Burc shows on the website.

Rogue951
06-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Raspberry Mili and what I think was a red planet arrived bare white skeleton.
Pocci has flesh but not sure if it'll make it.

I give up on mail ordering.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0308.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0309.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0311.jpg

I have some vain hope the odd patch of flesh on the skeletons will grow. but I know it won't.
=(

ug.mac
06-14-2012, 03:13 AM
I got mine also but too busy to take pictures today.
All acan I received are in good condition, White lines acan I ordered suppose come two heads per frag, I got 5 instead; Teal and Red Aussie Acan of course looked nothing like the picture; Purple Teal Acan should really be named as Brown Acan.

Overall I'm happy with my order, not only they are my first bunch of acans, also $31.5 well spent for what I got. I want to thank both Keith and Anthony again for their time and effort in this GB. I'm really appreciated.

ug.

Snaz
06-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Raspberry Mili and what I think was a red planet arrived bare white skeleton.
Pocci has flesh but not sure if it'll make it.

I give up on mail ordering.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0308.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0309.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0311.jpg

I have some vain hope the odd patch of flesh on the skeletons will grow. but I know it won't.
=(

THose bags look like they have deflated. Without some air of some sort fish or coral will surely die. If this is the case then I think Burc owes you some more coral. The fact that the water is brown indicates to me that there was living coral when it shipped but they just died due to no air.

Ginu
06-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Well I just got home and my order looks good so far besides one zoa which looks all dried up.

I will try to take some pics and post them over the weekend once all coral opens up however I have to say I'm a little embarrassed as I know my pics will turn up like poop even though I have a Nikon D7000 with a vast array of lens; for some odd reason I'm having a really tough time taking decent pics of my aquarium.

Thanks Keith and Anthony for making this happen once again and a big thanks to Doug for picking up my order from Burnaby; huge time saver for me.

Thanks again guys.

dc4
06-14-2012, 04:13 AM
2 hours ago...
http://img.tapatalk.com/1854b809-6619-441c.jpg

5 minutes ago...
http://img.tapatalk.com/1854b809-6678-88c5.jpg

The Lakers have opened up but the others are mostly still closed. 3 of the frags also came off the plugs and had to be re-glued.

reefermadness
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
THose bags look like they have deflated. Without some air of some sort fish or coral will surely die. If this is the case then I think Burc owes you some more coral. The fact that the water is brown indicates to me that there was living coral when it shipped but they just died due to no air.
I have had frags shipped in bags with just water and no air......no problem. The deflated bags probably have something to do with temperature. Not saying that oxygen depletion isnt the problem and temperature is though.

wickedfrags
06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
agreed, I have both received and shipped frags without air at the top of the bag. Never intentionally (when I ship).....but when they get stuffed tightly in a shipping container sometimes this pushes the air out the top of the bag......assuming there are no shipping delays I have never experienced a problem.

I have had frags shipped in bags with just water and no air......no problem. The deflated bags probably have something to do with temperature. Not saying that oxygen depletion isnt the problem and temperature is though.

Ginu
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I am extremely happy with my order this turn and it looks like even the dried up zoa is recovering; it might take a little time but its definitely not dead.

Ok someone was asking if the rics were good from Burc and in the picture below you will see the bigger ric which i received a month ago on the first order and the one i got today (supposed to be red orange)
I think the frag above might be the LA Lakers Zoas and the neon frog is from last shipment also (looks much much better in person and it is half the size as i was moving stuff around)

http://oi47.tinypic.com/33ubqeb.jpg

Mean red I think
http://oi45.tinypic.com/foz8n.jpg

Crappy pic of the teal and white acan. This is my first acan as I want to see how it does before adding more and I will definitely add more in the future from Burc.
http://oi49.tinypic.com/263zw2b.jpg

Translucent hammer bout 20 min after acclimation
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2jfm96s.jpg

Blue hammer with two frags in front 20 min after acclimation:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/svl3dl.jpg

And a shot of the full tank approx 4 months after I started it:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2rzqlwh.jpg

Flash
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
looks great!!

Kryos
06-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Devil's Breaths are still closed and the polyp facing the camera is actually hollowed.. Don't have high hopes for this one's survival....=/
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/WP_000230.jpg

Purple Base Acans
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/WP_000233.jpg

Coasting, do you have another picture of your purple base Acans that are less blue? No matter how I look at mine, it doesn't look like yours or the one on the site. It doesn't look bad, but I expected and would prefer it to look more like yours.

Also, my Neon rainbows are not neon no more...=( not sure why as I have other Coral (Acans and other LPS) with a similar green that didn't turn to this. It's under T5s with a combo of Actinics, Blue+ and Purple+.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/WP_000235.jpg

htfn
06-15-2012, 12:16 AM
My most of zoas haven't open yet, but Acan is doing really well.

Snaz
06-15-2012, 12:28 AM
I bought one zoa frag with five heads. One head is 70% opened and another is 20% opened while the others are clenched shut. Perhaps more time is needed.

Ginu
06-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Well I'm curious to see what they lOok like after a day... But at work till late today.

dc4
06-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Same here, 9 of the 12 frags of zoas I ordered are still closed.

Coasting
06-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Day 2 and everything (but the torch) is happy!

Ginu... I'm quite jealour your hammer has arrived happy. 2/2 torch i've gotten has died. Only the frogspawn left alive, and here I was thinking they didn't ship well but obviously yours has arrived great!

Well heres everything 24 (give or take) hours later.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2003.jpg
White lines - little peeved i stick my hand in the tank.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2004.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2005.jpg
Purple base - The way I expected them to be, I'm happy with them. Your's dont look anything like mine Kryos.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2006.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2007.jpg
Nuclears

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2008.jpg
Toxic

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2011.jpg
Blastos

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2012.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2013.jpg
Neon rainbow - I really hope they stay like this, I quite like this colour.

Kryos, what you got looks almost more like the Red Aussie acans I got last time? Maybe?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/1Coralday2002.jpg

Kryos
06-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Purple base - The way I expected them to be, I'm happy with them. Your's dont look anything like mine Kryos.

Kryos, what you got looks almost more like the Red Aussie acans I got last time? Maybe?

Yea... I definitely expected better, especially since I emailed Burc to reserve it. What makes me more miffed is that someone else who ordered the same thing got the correct one. =/

Coasting
06-15-2012, 02:34 AM
I specially asked Burc to get me a frag of them, as I didn't want the full colony. He had made the comment he had his hands directly on my order when he found the neon rainbows for me.

Where as before he has made the comment, he has 4 other employees that pack the orders, so I can see error happening there.

Just talk to him about it. When I mentioned the 2 wrong frags sent last time, he made it right. I hear others who missed out this time are looking to place another order soon enough.

Kryos
06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
I specially asked Burc to get me a frag of them, as I didn't want the full colony. He had made the comment he had his hands directly on my order when he found the neon rainbows for me.

Where as before he has made the comment, he has 4 other employees that pack the orders, so I can see error happening there.

Just talk to him about it. When I mentioned the 2 wrong frags sent last time, he made it right. I hear others who missed out this time are looking to place another order soon enough.

What happens to the frags you received in error? Did you send them back? If so, who paid shipping?

Coasting
06-15-2012, 02:44 AM
I would assume you get to keep them, depending on the situation and what you 2 figure best. I got to keep mine. I cant see anyone sending incorrect coral back.

I ordered torch, got my backup instead - the frogspawn (which I still have), told burc I was a bit upset by this, he put a purple tip torch aside for me, sent it with this order, it of coarse didn't survive the trip, and he has already promised credit for the purple tip.

Kryos
06-15-2012, 02:48 AM
I would assume you get to keep them, depending on the situation and what you 2 figure best. I got to keep mine. I cant see anyone sending incorrect coral back.

I ordered torch, got my backup instead - the frogspawn (which I still have), told burc I was a bit upset by this, he put a purple tip torch aside for me, sent it with this order, it of coarse didn't survive the trip, and he has already promised credit for the purple tip.

Alrght, thanks for the advice, I emailed Burc just now. Let's hope he can make things right as I was really looking forward to the purple base Acans.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Mine came in great. Couldn't be happier, but now I'm getting the Acan addiction. Dangit.

Snaz
06-15-2012, 05:17 PM
My zoa is getting worse. All of the polyps are now closed and the top left one in this picture had expelled it's contents. How are your zoas doing, improving or worsening?

http://snaz.com/marine/sad_zoa.jpg

dc4
06-15-2012, 06:15 PM
My zoa is getting worse. All of the polyps are now closed and the top left one in this picture had expelled it's contents. How are your zoas doing, improving or worsening?

Most of mine are still fully shut, there are a few heads here and there that almost look like they want to open but dont. If they do not open up by tonight, I do not have mush hope for them. Most orders I get of zoas, open up right away or within a few hours.

Ginu
06-15-2012, 06:42 PM

Well i got 5 zoas/palys and out of the 5 only three are trying to open up (questionable if they will survive) and two are completely closed and i dont for-see them coming back to live anytime soon...
- the two hammers are awesome (translucent and purple tip - I think they will only get better with time)
- teal and white acan is doing mighty well (I got 4 heads instead of 3 with two baby heads growing on the sides and now I got a acan fever; must get me more)
- orange ric is doing well, just a little on the small side compared to the multicolored one i got last order (I like rics and this guy will only get bigger over time)

I would say that out of the 5 zoas/pallys ordered
- one is perfectly fine and looks gorgeous (I think its the mean reds)
- two are questionable (La Lakers and another)
- two are pretty dead (waiting for them to completely shrivel up, blue eyed blondes and I'm assuming devils breath)

I will post the some pictures up tomorrow as I will most likely get home after the lights go off tonight. I'm also wondering how is that zoas/pallys have issues surviving for a day... its a pity because Burc has some really nice stuff....

tripsandfalls
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
For what it's worth, from my last order... My watermelon zoas opened up right away, but they're a notoriously hardy strain...

My boiling reds actually took about a week to fully open up, but now they look good.

Kryos
06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
My Devil's Breath hasn't opened up either, the one that was hollow is now rotting away, the other two are just shut closed... Again, don't have my hopes up....
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/WP_000236.jpg

Acan is looking well, even tho it's not true to the representation. Also, Burc said that mine came with the Purple Base Acan that Coasting got and to wait a week to see if it changes color (yea... I doubt that; even if it does change color, it's still not going to look like the one I ordered)

As for the orange rics, they actually weren't mine, I just ordered for a friend, haven't gotten an update from him.

Ginu
06-15-2012, 07:23 PM
For what it's worth, from my last order... My watermelon zoas opened up right away, but they're a notoriously hardy strain...

My boiling reds actually took about a week to fully open up, but now they look good.

Yep my watermellons from last order did quite well as well and i really dig their color :) although im starting to think it might be due to their frag size? my watermelon frag was quite large with 15-20 heads on it.

Coasting
06-15-2012, 07:30 PM
If you guys want Zoas, Ill sell you all mine so I can make room for more Acans :lol:

I'd say give it more time before you full write them off. Maybe our order got banged around a little extra during shipping? 2 of my acans were damaged, still survived but kinda shows there was some rough handling at some point. Blame Fedex?

Ginu
06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
If you guys want Zoas, Ill sell you all mine so I can make room for more Acans :lol:

I'd say give it more time before you full write them off. Maybe our order got banged around a little extra during shipping? 2 of my acans were damaged, still survived but kinda shows there was some rough handling at some point. Blame Fedex?

I have to admit I love my little 4 headed teal and white acan :) and i will definitely get me some more

What kind of zoas do you have?

Paigee
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Sucks that everyone's zoas aren't doing too hot... Maybe it did get banged up or something. I got pink/teal paly's on the last order, came with 15-20 heads and they're all good. Shame :(

Coasting
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I have to admit I love my little 4 headed teal and white acan :) and i will definitely get me some more

What kind of zoas do you have?

Probably none that anyone would actually want lol.

Only have 4 kinds, single frag size, no idea what they actually are.
These are the only ones that wouldn't have to be chisled off my LR.... Thats the last time I use epoxy.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/Corals049.jpg
Got some pinkish ones, Redish ones, and some that have a bright orange center.

Had 2 dime sized frags of Sympodium, but the stupid snails moved one, now I can't find it.

I would give your zoas a few more days at least. I'm sure Burc will still make things right... And I know we'll end up doing another order. I already have another $150 worth of coral picked out so it wont take much to hit $300

Ginu
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Ooo the ones below are very pretty :) and your picture skills are awesome (I'm sure I've mentioned that before)... I really need to get me a macro type of lens... My telezoom lens just don't cut it unfortunately and macro lens are not cheap by any means either...

How much for a frag of those? That's a color I don't have in the tank.

Probably none that anyone would actually want lol.

Only have 4 kinds, single frag size, no idea what they actually are.
These are the only ones that wouldn't have to be chisled off my LR.... Thats the last time I use epoxy.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/Corals049.jpg
Got some pinkish ones, Redish ones, and some that have a bright orange center.

Had 2 dime sized frags of Sympodium, but the stupid snails moved one, now I can't find it.

I would give your zoas a few more days at least. I'm sure Burc will still make things right... And I know we'll end up doing another order. I already have another $150 worth of coral picked out so it wont take much to hit $300

Coasting
06-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I bought mine during Broadway Cameras boxing week sale. Still expensive but at least some sort of discount. I just dont like how the image still looks blurry, its the bowed glass :(

No idea what I would want for them, Zoas aren't as exciting to me anymore, especially now that i've discovered other coral I like.... What do you think their worth :P Gotta fund the fun stuff! Wish I could make the frag swap to unload them :(

Kryos - My purple base acans are less blue/purple and more redish today, colour definatly changing. But still not stripy like yours. I know the pics he has on the website were very recent as of the coral arriving, so the corals are bound to look different a few days after arrival as compared to the website. But your's are definatly different.

Ginu
06-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, after a few days of hope I think I've lost all hope for the four out of five zoas.... At least the devils breath survived and its doing very well...

http://oi49.tinypic.com/95n2nb.jpg

Guess I probably will not order Zoa's/Paly's anymore as the majority dont seem to make it alive and its a pity because Burc has some awesome Zoas/Palys :(

Nano
06-18-2012, 05:02 PM
i'd send him an email (politely) ;)
I had a frag or 2 show up like that, kind of mushy looking, and he sent me some more right out. the turned out much better. I think it depends on what happens when they are shipped, a lot of the time we dont know how they are handled or temperature fluctuates from being moved from a cool van to a warm air plain or what ever. lol

Ginu
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
i'd send him an email (politely) ;)
I had a frag or 2 show up like that, kind of mushy looking, and he sent me some more right out. the turned out much better. I think it depends on what happens when they are shipped, a lot of the time we dont know how they are handled or temperature fluctuates from being moved from a cool van to a warm air plain or what ever. lol

Oh, I'm well aware of the circumstances, its just a pity that during shipment these things happen :(

Whats really odd is the Devil's Breath had two very large heads along with a baby head and they are doing fantastic, so I am not sure why the others have issues...

reefwars
06-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Well, after a few days of hope I think I've lost all hope for the four out of five zoas.... At least the devils breath survived and its doing very well...

http://oi49.tinypic.com/95n2nb.jpg

Guess I probably will not order Zoa's/Paly's anymore as the majority dont seem to make it alive and its a pity because Burc has some awesome Zoas/Palys :(

i wouldnt write them off yet zoas can stay closed for as long as months before opening...even if some are melting. try to dose some vit c it should help but also move them around. they ship zoas(freshly cut) in newspaper and paper towel from around the world you would be surprised how hardy they can be. give it some time and move them around they may come back.

reefwars
06-18-2012, 05:10 PM
i have a lunar paly frag that is only now showing its face after 2 mths since i ordered them from fragalot......its not dead unless it melts away completely.

feed your zoas and palys it helps bigtime with growth and colour plus dosing vit c gives them the extra boost they sometimes need:)

Ginu
06-18-2012, 05:11 PM
i wouldnt write them off yet zoas can stay closed for as long as months before opening...even if some are melting. try to dose some vit c it should help but also move them around. they ship zoas(freshly cut) in newspaper and paper towel from around the world you would be surprised how hardy they can be. give it some time and move them around they may come back.

I am not giving up on them 100% quite yet besides the one which was blown away after arriving a skeleton.
I've never dosed vit C in the tank (generally I like to keep on top of my water changes and refrain from dosing but I will read up on this b4 dosing)

reefwars
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I am not giving up on them 100% quite yet besides the one which was blown away after arriving a skeleton.
I've never dosed vit C in the tank (generally I like to keep on top of my water changes and refrain from dosing but I will read up on this b4 dosing)

it may takle some time, since they are in a fragile state start them in lower light and make sure no brown algae is covering their heads. vit c is easy to dose just get the tabs from the drugstore crush it up and add to a high flow area. it will really help get your zoas open...look into it its good stuff just dont overdose:)

good luck and cheers

dc4
06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
4 of mine have already melted and the other 8 have yet to open so I don't hold much hope for them.

Nano
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Like I said guys, if they are mushy looking, or have a white film over them, just shoot Burc an email and let him know, same thing happened to me, hes really good about fixing these things IME.

Just ask for the bags to have a bit more water in them to allow for more room for error during shipping

Snaz
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Four of the seven polyps on my zoa frag are now opening each morning, two look good and the others are getting there. One dead polyp for sure and another that has not opened yet but still has shape.

htfn
06-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I've got one zoa frag dead already and the other one is still close out of six zoa frags.

tripsandfalls
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Just curious, but I dip all of my zoas in iodine (in a relatively concentrated solution) and they seem to love it. I've read some anecdotal evidence that iodine seems to cure a lot of mystery zoa ailments (ie. when the zoas just decide to stay closed for extended periods of time). Wondering if you guys with unopened zoas did a dip before putting the frags in your tanks?

dc4
06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Has anyone heard back about a replacement order? I emailed Burc and he said he was setting my order aside but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten a date for shipment. My whole order went south, all but 2 frags have melted and the remaining 2 have yet to open.

Snaz
06-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Has anyone heard back about a replacement order? I emailed Burc and he said he was setting my order aside but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten a date for shipment. My whole order went south, all but 2 frags have melted and the remaining 2 have yet to open.

My one piece started to recover until it fell off the plug..i glued it back back on but it quickly disintegrated. I have no plans to make another order this summer.

Ginu
06-26-2012, 09:15 PM
I will wait until the end if the summer to get replacements and I think it would be best to stay away from zoas/plays as they don't seem to make it across Canada unless it's a fair size frag.

Kryos
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I too am waiting for this replacement order, but by no means am I in a hurry to receive it.