PDA

View Full Version : New Fish Idea's

Nemain
03-24-2004, 02:50 PM
What sort of colorful, reef safe, medium sized fish would be happy in a 92 gal corner? Just looking for ideas ATM.

PS - It will be my daughters fish, and she is abotu as picky as preteens can get o_O - it cant be long and skinny, no horns (aka firefish :P).

Thanks,

Beth

StirCrazy
03-24-2004, 03:04 PM
I would say a flame angel but some times they are not reef safe. how about a couple perc's?

Steve

Nemain
03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
guess I should have said: Have two GSM's, 4 Chromis, 1 dragon (barred) gobbie. I also have some beautiful shrimp that I don't want to risk, both soft and stony corals.

What about the swallowtail angels?

Quinn
03-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Fairy wrasses.

Bob I
03-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I have always had very good success with a Royal Grama. You would be hard pressed to find a more colorful fish. I have never had a problem with territoriality, or aggression. :mrgreen: And Quinn is right, Fairy wrasses are also very good. :eek:

Nemain
03-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Aren't wrasse's questionable with shrimp? I have some really nice meaty ones, and I woud like to keep them that way :P

As for the gramma's - my daighter thinks they are ugly, I already tried that one :P they fit into the long skinny ugly type o_O

sleeman
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I like the fairy wrasses as well. I have a royal gramma, and they can be somewhat territorial. I do however have a coral beauty that is not aggressive to any other fish but does not take any guff from the gramma. I saw the gramma come onto the Coral Beauty once and he (the CB) gave him two warnings, then batted him across the tank. So I guess with that said I like theCoral Beauty. I have had three, one about 8 years ago and two within the last 4 months. I had to replace one (it jumped out).
All 3 of the fish I had were fun to watch as they take advantage continuously swimming through all of the nooks and crannies in the rock. I have heard that the CB's may nip at clam mantles, and I am not sure about stonies either. I guess any angel could cause a problem.

Cheers,

Al

Aquattro
03-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Aren't wrasse's questionable with shrimp?

No, fairy wrasses are fine. They won't bother anything, although can be prone to jumping when spooked!

Bob I
03-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Aren't wrasse's questionable with shrimp? I have some really nice meaty ones, and I woud like to keep them that way :P

As for the gramma's - my daighter thinks they are ugly, I already tried that one :P they fit into the long skinny ugly type o_O

Well of course she is female, which explains a lot :lol: , and there is no accounting for taste :eek: .

BTW what does :P, and o_O mean :question:

Quinn
03-24-2004, 05:01 PM
:P, :p, :þ = :razz:

O_o ≈ :eek: <but with a certain amount of disdain, in my opinion>

Dez
03-25-2004, 11:42 AM
I have a coral beauty for sale or trade if you want. beautiful, but I'm doing strictly sps and she picks at sps only. I am looking for a royal gramma now to replace her..

Dez

sumpfinfishe
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
I also like the suggestion of a fairy wrasse :cool:

mnoll406
03-25-2004, 03:02 PM
I'd also say go with the fairy wrasse. Awesome fish. I'd also tentatively recommend a potter's angel, very beautiful fish. I have SPS, LPS, and a clam. He hasn't bothered anything, and I've had him for about 6 months.

Mike

Bob I
03-25-2004, 03:25 PM
In reality Fairy Wrasses do not meet the posted requirements. They would fall into the "long and skinny" category. :sad:

Nemain
03-25-2004, 04:00 PM
right you are Bob! I thought they could *sneak* in, but she gagged when I showed her a pic last night. Then I received the * you are so dumb* look followed by the *old farts like you have no taste* look.

She likes the look of angels, but I am afraid they wont be happy in such a short tank. Corner tanks aren't well known for the ample swimming room they provide.

It is really hard to please someone who doesnt know what they want o_O.

BTW o_O <- is more of a boggled sign that :eek:, I wouldnt say it has any disdain though. I am not sure I have an ounce of that in me =)

Beth

Buccaneer
03-25-2004, 04:21 PM
How about this one ? :cool: :mrgreen: :razz:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/541ANGLER.jpg?9624

Quinn
03-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Nice one Steve. :cool:

A dwarf angel would be fine as far as size goes. As noted though, they apparently are sometimes nibblers.