PDA

View Full Version : Recommended online livestock dealers in Canada?

mandyplo
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Hello, I live in a small town with one LFS which is insanely overpriced, looking to buy livestock online in Canada.

I am from Ontario and have thus far only heard of J&L Aquatics. They have great prices and I will probably purchase from them in the future but there are some species which they do not carry (anemone's, etc).

Can anyone inform me of other online livestock dealers in Canada for the marine aquarium? I am looking for sites that sell anything from clean up crews to fish to corals to live rock.

Thank you!

PurpleMonkey
05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I was just at J&L last night... they had some anemone's in. I'm sure if you email them, they can get you what you want.

burgerchow
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM
They usually have lots of anemones, but they aren't listed on the website. Just call them for any specific ones you want

NorthernCoral
05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
J&l can definitely satisfy all of your needs. What they have listed on their website isn't exactly a 100 percent reflection of what they actually have in stock. So your best bet is to call them. Given the fact that you are in Ontario I would recommend either http://www.aquavalley.ca/eshop/ or http://www.incredibleaquarium.com/index.php?main_page=index which are both located in Ontario and would be less risk when shipping I would think.

bling_bling466
05-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Frag alot he gets nice anenomies

Dr_Hicks
05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I will PM you someone in your area :-)

dreef
05-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Colby at Bayside Corals..ships across canada.

msjboy
05-30-2012, 09:53 PM
isnt there a forum like canreef ( western canada) catering to your region? it is thefragtank.ca I believe...they should help you out.

regs
msjboy:lol:

Nano
05-30-2012, 10:00 PM
isnt there a forum like canreef ( western canada) catering to your region? it is thefragtank.ca I believe...they should help you out.

regs
there is also canreef (where he is asking) that caters to canada abroad, as well as some americans that I have seen

shootingstar
05-30-2012, 11:05 PM

regs

that site is Southwestern Ontario which is not really relevant to where the op lives seeing as the only sponsor on that site that ships is eco-reefer, which is great for rock however the op is seeking livestock.

Way to make her feel welcome, could have sent her to AP for a response like that:redface: