PDA

View Full Version : Tank Sitters in Calgary?

Geofrog
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
I am going out of town for a few weeks and my regular tank sitters will not be available. Anyone have any suggestions? I do have automatic fish feeders and auto top off, but that would only conver me for about a week.

Delphinus
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
There's a reasonable community of tanksitters sharing tanksitting duties here on the board .. what part of town are you in and what is the date range you'd need tanksitting for?

Enigma
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM
What exactly will you need done?

My experience is VERY limited. I couldn't handle a crashing tank, but I could manage water changes, testing, target feeding, etc. I live in Huntington Hills, and I'd be willing to help out if you're close.

I have never done any tank sitting, though I do watch over a wide variety of reptiles and snakes for a couple in Beddington when they head out of town. Nothing has died on my watch so far.

Seriak
05-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Not sure what I would do if my regular house sitter wasn't available. Chaems, geckos, turtles, pond fish, FW, SW, Cats, Dogs. I would need to do a full training seminar for someone new.

Where do you live?

Dlo132
05-29-2012, 06:59 PM
What exactly will you need done?

My experience is VERY limited. I couldn't handle a crashing tank, but I could manage water changes, testing, target feeding, etc. I live in Huntington Hills, and I'd be willing to help out if you're close.

I have never done any tank sitting, though I do watch over a wide variety of reptiles and snakes for a couple in Beddington when they head out of town. Nothing has died on my watch so far.

I live in Coventry - I may need your services in June for a weekend :)

Enigma
05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I live in Coventry - I may need your services in June for a weekend :)

Nice and close. Keep me posted. For weekend help in Coventry I could certainly make two visits a day (AM and PM) if required, and I can manage a wide variety of critters and plants.

When/if the time comes, you should prepare a spreadsheet detailing all required tasks (with a places for me to mark off completion times and notes/observances), and we would need to go over it the previous weekend to ensure that I understood everything. Upon completion of my visit(s) I would leave the spreadsheet on the kitchen counter for you, so you could review it.

The spreadsheet may seem unnecessary, but it is a very good tool to make sure everything is done when it needs to get done. :)

There would be no charge, and while future reciprocation is absolutely not required, the consideration of future reciprocation would be nice. ;)

Geofrog
05-30-2012, 12:08 AM
I live in Canyon Meadows. I will need a tank sitter for July.

Seriak, I know what you mean. We also have a bearded dragon and a sugar glider, but luckily we have someone to look after them.

If, anyone knows of a tank sitter down at my end of town that would be great.

Seriak
05-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Normally I would help no problem but I am away most of July myself. Do you need someone for all of July or just a short period in July.

amuvor
05-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Anthony with Aquarium Medics is a reliable sitter, good person, and decently priced. Contact him. If you need his email, let me know.