PDA

View Full Version : Fish on its side

Lofus
03-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Well after a couple of months of getting my MH in place I finally added a BTA to my tank (Thanks Mitch!).

It looks like it is doing well. The fish on the other hand are a little freaked.

My white cheeked Tang has been swimming on his side all afternoon and my chromis and clownfish have all been hiding in the rocks.

The lights have taken a little longer than I thought and I suspect that the old NO's are the cause of a cyno breakout that also happened today.

Has anyone had the same sort of behavior from a tang after re-arranging the rockwork?

Jim

EmilyB
03-24-2004, 05:28 AM
If you have rearranged rock you have stirred up some crap and that needs to get outta there fast ! Crank up your skimmer or do a water change. :biggrin:

Lofus
03-24-2004, 06:20 PM
I did a 5% water change just because I had some made up and ready to make-up for the water lost through the acclimatisation process.

I question if there something was released because I only scratched the surface with a newly added rock. As well, the smaller fish seem unaffected. If there was a contamination issue I would expect the smaller fish to suffer first.

The skimmer is still pulling the same amound of gunk out as normal.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

Jim