PDA

View Full Version : Canopy fan recommendations?

Son Of Skyline
03-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Can anybody recommend a good high flow, quiet fan for my canopy? Mine is way too loud. Thought I'd check with u guys first so I don't end up buying another loud fan.

Perhaps a model# and where u bought it?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Jason McK
03-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Jack Has a really quite one he got at Radio Shack. Way cheeper that the Ice Cap I purchased.

J

robbyville
03-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I've heard some of the Radio Schack ones and they are pretty good. I'm not sure if they come with their own power supply or if they have to be wired at all though.

I purchased my Icecap variable speed fans and could not be happier. I have yet to have seen a fan that matches it for quality...By the same token, I never went out and looked :lol: !

For me, having the tank in the living room, the spousal unit was not going to stand for more noise than we already have, and I have a laziness factor to contend with as well. All these added up to plug and play fans from Icecap!

FWIW,

Rob

robbyville
03-23-2004, 07:24 PM
NB, the Icecap fans are now available for $70 plus taxes from J&L. I have also seen them on ebay but with no real savings.

Rob

Son Of Skyline
03-23-2004, 07:49 PM
NB, the Icecap fans are now available for $70 plus taxes from J&L. I have also seen them on ebay but with no real savings.

Rob

Yeeouch...that's alot for a fan. Maybe I'll try Radio Shack. Does anyone know if they are Radio Shack brand fans?

ghztew
03-23-2004, 08:15 PM
If you go to RS and purchase a fan, let us know what you got and the results.. i'm interested in hooking one up in my canopy.

venkiw
03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
I bought my fans from this guy on ebay, and I absolutely love it. Excellent quality quiet fan with german powersupply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085485492&category=14981

Venki

Aquattro
03-23-2004, 08:34 PM
i'm interested in hooking one up in my canopy.

Check at Quayle electronics on Burnside. Lots of fans to choose from under $25. For PC lighting, one of the smaller ones would work fine.

newreefy
03-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I have fans similar to the ones Quayle electronics sells. They are from the inside of traffic controllers. I was going to use them for my canopy but I have not seen the need yet. I am not sure the rating of these fans but the amount of air they move is pretty impressive. I will let them go for $15 each.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/adamquesnel/truck%20pics/DSCF1690.jpg[/img]
Send me a PM if interested

christyf5
03-23-2004, 09:22 PM
I had a couple of radioshack fans on my old canopy. They're about $35 each and are don't come with a power supply or anything. They were pretty quiet. I took them off the old canopy last night and I think I'm going to install them on my new hood. The little computer ones I have on there aren't that great.

I think it was these ones? (my dad bought them and installed them)

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=2730241&category=Adapters+%2f+Chimes+%2f+Fans+Fans&catalog=RadioShack

Christy :)

sumpfinfishe
03-24-2004, 12:57 AM
My roomie upgraded his entire hood about a month ago. Al also used the fans that both Jack and Christy use. These fans really blow up a storm, and like Christy said-they are not wired in. Here's a pic, he bought two one for pushing and the other for pulling. IMO I think there pretty quiet for a 4" Radio Shack fan that's only $35. :biggrin:

http://www3.telus.net/sumpfinfishe/images/Alfans.jpg

Skimmerking
03-24-2004, 01:46 AM
i bought these fans from a auto place in brandon and they run off a .5 amp it think its a small converter that you wire them in to from a plug in Doug told me about them ,i have two of them on the canopy one for sucking and one for blowing ,they are quiet but would like to find something else a littler quieter.

MIKE

over all that are 3.4 " quit small
:mrgreen:

Jack
03-24-2004, 02:52 AM
Radio Shack 4" muffin fans are the quietest fans I've ever used.