PDA

View Full Version : LF: Sea Hare (Lower Mainland)

Mandosh
05-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Like the title says, looking for a sea hare.

I have a macro algae growing in my tank that I've finally managed to ID as Rhipidosiphon sp. I can't seem to find anything that will eat the stuff and manual removal is next to impossible. Last two things I can think of that I haven't tried are a longspine or a sea hare, and longspines are way too stabby.

So, if anybody has a sea hare they can lease me, or happens to see one around, let me know.

Also willing to take any other suggestions anyone might have.

Norstar
05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
They are both in stock at J&L and King Ed's

Mandosh
05-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.

scherzo
05-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Cool. Glad I found this thread. Do you guys know how much they run at JL? (for the OP's benefit ;) )

Mandosh
05-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Cool. Glad I found this thread. Do you guys know how much they run at JL? (for the OP's benefit ;) )

They're about $20. Maybe hold off buying one though. They one I bought today never made it through acclimation.

scherzo
05-23-2012, 05:13 AM
I ended up picking one up. Drip acclimated the little guy for 3 hours! He seemed to be doing fine. He has cleaned off a few spots. He is hard to spot during the day.

If you're still looking for one in 2 months or so. I may be looking to re home him.

Snaz
05-23-2012, 05:49 AM
I think they will only eat fine hair algae. We bought one today for my mum's 29 biocube and it started eating right away. One hour acclimation.