PDA

View Full Version : Clam question

Proteus
05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
I have a clam (maxima) that like to jet water blowing sand on my Acans. I have seven other clams that do not do this

I know that they jet when disturbed but is it normal activity for no apparent reason. There don't seem to be any pest under the clam

NanoReef
05-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I had the same problem with one of mine a year or so back. As it turned out, all it wanted in my system was less flow. I moved it to an area that wasn't getting as much random current and it hasn't done it since (used to jet water at least once an hour).. Not saying that's what it is for sure in your system but this particular clam just didn't like high flow area

Proteus
05-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I was thinking the same about flow. There are three beside it but of different species
I'll move it tonight and see. To bad I really like where it's at lol
I thought though it would move if it doesn't like it's spot all my other Maximas move around

NanoReef
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I was thinking the same about flow. There are three beside it but of different species
I'll move it tonight and see. To bad I really like where it's at lol
I thought though it would move if it doesn't like it's spot all my other Maximas move around

Since moving the one sensitive clam out of that area, I have had one of my other crocea clams there and it doesn't mind it at all! All depends on the particular clam, as for moving of they are not happy, they CAN move, but their mobility very limited as I'm sure you could imagine. My 2 cents is just to try to move it first and see of it likes it better

Proteus
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for your input