PDA

View Full Version : A different Aiptasia control

monza
03-22-2004, 03:44 AM
Just read this and thought I would pass it on. It looks interesting, fairly long read.

http://www.reefscapes.net/articles/breefcase/aiptasia_control.html

Dave

golden69_ca
03-22-2004, 04:46 AM
sound like the same method i use but i use pure ph up instead . works wonders . i feed the aiptasia before so that i can inject into there body without them retracting .

bulletsworld
03-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Another method that kicks butt is Joe Juice. Gets rid of them on contact. Works wonders!

www.joesjuice.com

ruck'n'reefer
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Does/ would Joe's juice work on Xenia?

StirCrazy
03-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Does/ would Joe's juice work on Xenia?

or mushrooms? if some one has Xenia or mushrooms that they could sacrifice as a test it would be appreciated.

Steve

IslandReefer
03-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey Steve
I have used Joe's about a half dozen times, in the last 3 weeks. The treatment leaves a white flocculent residue that disappears within the hour. My mushrooms don't seem to react to it at all, the Zenia's looked ****ed for about a half hour as does the zoo if it curls in some white stuff.
Makes a bit of a mess but doesn't seem to hurt anything but aphasia(almost instantly,if they ingest it).I gravel/rock vacumn after and roll in a small water change. :biggrin:
Sorry,if you were looking for volunteer control for mushrooms and zenia hey just laugh at it. :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
03-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey Steve
Sorry,if you were looking for volunteer control for mushrooms and zenia hey just laugh at it. :mrgreen:

did you try targiting the xenia and the mushrooms directly? or was that just left ov3er that got onto them?

Steve