PDA

View Full Version : Excited!

cdnarcher
05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
We started cycling a 26 gallon Bow Front reef tank on Sunday with Live Rock, Sand and a piece of Shrimp.

Last evening we were sitting and watching the tiniest little Star Fish on the rocks, along with all sorts of algae and a little crawler bug of some sort! It is exciting for first timers and we look forward to watching the "herd" on our rocks until it is time to stock.

Dlo132
05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
I hear you! I'm getting my tank soon, but I have a little pico vase that Is full of little buggers from the live rock. Simply amazing!

daplatapus
05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol, I remember sitting in front of my cycling tank for hours watching all the little creatures running around. It's still (8 months later) one of my past times :D

Gizmoh
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I remember a couple years ago watching my first mini stars, it was a very exciting time. I wish you the best of luck on your future purchases!!!
:biggrin:

toxic111
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Have fun.. now I am just wondering if I know you by the user name (archer)

I used to be very active with the Lloyd archery club. So if you have ever been up here for a shoot it is quite possible.

Nano
05-15-2012, 05:13 PM
what do you have in mind for lighting? Have you looked into LEDs at all?

cdnarcher
05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Have fun.. now I am just wondering if I know you by the user name (archer)

I used to be very active with the Lloyd archery club. So if you have ever been up here for a shoot it is quite possible.

Kevin, you know me well. I hang with Travis and Corey.

cdnarcher
05-15-2012, 06:39 PM
what do you have in mind for lighting? Have you looked into LEDs at all?

I am starting with T5HO, but am contemplating building LED

DCDN
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Congrats on the start. Would love to see pics sometime

toxic111
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Kevin, you know me well. I hang with Travis and Corey.

The big guy or one of the others... lol.. I am guessing the big guy, as you know me by name. Feel free the next time you are up this way to stop by & check my tank out.

cdnarcher
05-15-2012, 08:00 PM
The big guy or one of the others... lol.. I am guessing the big guy, as you know me by name. Feel free the next time you are up this way to stop by & check my tank out.

Yeah, I go by Trevor, or Wookie. You know who I am am. I will definitely take you up on your offer, next time I am up.

toxic111
05-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I go by Trevor, or Wookie. You know who I am am. I will definitely take you up on your offer, next time I am up.

Awesome Wookie.. you are on.. When you used my name I figured it was you. :mrgreen:

Oh & welcome to the salt water club!