PDA

View Full Version : Sunbrite F Series?

Treebeard
05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any reviews, opinions, likes/dislikes to share on these new LEDs?

jtbadco
05-14-2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86184&highlight=sunbrite

Treebeard
05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Yup, I read that thread. Just checking if anyone else has who has purchased it has anything to add.

badAZZlars
05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Yup, I read that thread. Just checking if anyone else has who has purchased it has anything to add.

So far my thoughts are this:

Pros:
- Nice looking fixture very slim
- Good light spread covers my 24" wide tank completely
- Bright at the higher levels. I've currently got mine at 60% but will ramp
up to 90% over the next couple of weeks
- Good control of spectrum and intensity when the software is working

Cons:
- Fan on the power supply is kind of loud
- Quality control of manufacture is below par. Mine had a single bent fin on the top of the fixture and I could tell that touch up paint had been applied after powder coating
- Software not very intuitive. What you think should work for the workflow of the software does not. Sometimes my changes get set, other times they do not. I'm currently still battling with getting a fully working program in place after 3 days.

Treebeard
05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I searched the App Store for "SunBrite" and no such app exists. Has it been pulled or am I using the wrong search terms?

jtbadco
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
I-device or Android?

Treebeard
05-14-2012, 08:09 PM
iPhone & iPad...

patman
05-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Seems to be gone from the Apple store. I downloaded mine about a month ago. Hope it still works when my light show up today (Canada post says they are out for delivery).

Treebeard
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Hopefully they pulled it because they are updating it, but it is odd that they would remove it completely until an update was available.

badAZZlars
05-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Hopefully they pulled it because they are updating it, but it is odd that they would remove it completely until an update was available.

Yep I see that its gone as well. I really hope they are updating it.

Reef Supplies
05-15-2012, 10:57 AM
They have upgraded the app and have submitted it to Apple. It will take approx 1 week for Apple to add it (not sure why they would delete the old version off app store instead of upgrading it!!).

Here is a direct link to the new app http://www.reefsupplies.ca/sb/app.ipa (http://www.reefsupplies.ca/sb/app.ipa) there are a few ways to add to your I-device without app store, check out you tube for instructions.

thanks,

Ray

Reef Supplies
05-17-2012, 10:56 AM
The new APP is ready for you to DL on APP-Store.

Thanks,
Ray

badAZZlars
05-17-2012, 02:05 PM
The new APP is ready for you to DL on APP-Store.

Thanks,
Ray

I think they just reposted the old app back to the app store. My phone didn't prompt for an update and when I went into the app store it already said installed.

patman
05-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Mine did do an update. I can't check it yet as my light is in my office but it says they updated the ui.

Reef Supplies
05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Just download it anyway. It will overwrite / upgrade while saving your settings

Thanks

badAZZlars
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
New app update came out today that fixed all issues that I was having. Now that things are running how they should I would say I'm definitely happy with my purchase. Software works great now and the fixture seems great.

mikeclarke
09-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I also bought the 72" and am happy. What settings would you recommend setting it at? I just have fish right now but what would the minimum be to start putting corals in?

How long do you have the lights on for? I have 6 hours of dimming up, 6 hours of all at 20% and then 6 hours of dimming down. I am noticing a bit of red algae forming so need the make some changes. My P2O4 and NO4 are zero.

Mike

Salt2Death
09-11-2012, 10:09 PM
WHERE IS THE APP???
ERRR NO APP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Supplies
09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
WHERE IS THE APP???
ERRR NO APP

This is the second time this happens with the SB APP. The last time there was a major APP upgrade they pulled it off in order to re-upload it. The problem is Apple takes a freaken week to approve APPs before they get added.

It's been offline since early last week so I assume it will be available very soon.

It frustrating (to say the least) but APP is not the only option to operate the lights. You can always use the built in pre-set timers for the time being.

thanks,
Ray

Salt2Death
09-11-2012, 11:48 PM
This is the second time this happens with the SB APP. The last time there was a major APP upgrade they pulled it off in order to re-upload it. The problem is Apple takes a freaken week to approve APPs before they get added.

It's been offline since early last week so I assume it will be available very soon.

It frustrating (to say the least) but APP is not the only option to operate the lights. You can always use the built in pre-set timers for the time being.

thanks,
Ray

Apple Eh....
So when did this week start and when does it end. I don't have the nobs that help dial in... The app is what really tipped me on the buy

Reef Supplies
09-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Apple Eh....
So when did this week start and when does it end. I don't have the nobs that help dial in... The app is what really tipped me on the buy

That’s right Apple. From what SB tells me is it can take up to 1 week for Apple to approve and add new apps.

You have built in pre-sets that you do not need the app to run the lights. Here is a link to the manual http://www.sunbritelighting.com/SunBrite_F_Manual.pdf This don’t not mean that im telling you to use the presets and be happy with it. The APP will be back online soon, so it is a temporary solution for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks

mikeclarke
09-12-2012, 02:13 AM
The app worked great and Ray's youtube video to set it all up is awesome. Once Apple updates their site and you can get the app, you will be impressed.

I'd recommend this fixture and to buy anything from Ray.

Reef Supplies
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the kind words Mike!

Reef Supplies
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
The app is back on the app store

Treebeard
09-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I have been running these lights for a few months now and so far I like them, but I have one peeve. From what I can see, if a setting is changed and applied from the iPad app, the lights must be reset back to the 9:00am setting, meaning that you have to press the preset button on the controller at 9:00 am in order to set the correct time. This makes it very inconvenient because most of us nine to fivers are obviously not home at 9:00 am, Monday - Friday. Or am I missing something in the instructions?

jtbadco
09-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I am not sure about the instructions....but in practical application using my iPhone that is not the case.

If you modify an existing profile then you save the changes and then click 'apply'. The new setting should take effect the next time it reaches it.
If you create a new profile just click 'apply' once it is finished.