PDA

View Full Version : OMG! my powder blue tang! my heart just dropped.

smokinreefer
03-21-2004, 10:32 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
my pride and joy... can she survive?
i have borrowed a fish trap to catch out my maroon clown so that she can go to a fellow hobbyist with a male maroon...
anyhow, i inadvertently caught my powder blue tang, and while she was in the trap, only a few seconds before i released her, she was thrashing about, and i believe she has broken her spine! she is crooked now!
oh this is soooo disheartening... i got her only 4 months ago as a skinny fish from the LFS... she had instantaneously made herself at home in my 180 and began to put on size. just 5 minutes ago she was a stunning example of what a powder blue should look like, and now, her fate is uncertain...
at this moment she is still swimming...

Jack
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
That sucks Shao. Not much you can do though. :confused:

smokinreefer
03-21-2004, 11:06 PM
ok, the fish spazzed.
then i spazzed.
all is good in fishland now...
looks like she gave herself a muscle spasm/cramp.
she seems pretty straightened out now.

i guess i can laugh about it now, but it just goes to show you how much these animals mean to me.

shes even gone back into the trap again. (though it hasnt closed on her again) :rolleyes:

jack, did you make it out to hidden reef?

Jason McK
03-21-2004, 11:39 PM
So glad to hear it was only a momentary problem. That is such a beautiful Tang and before you came along it seemed to be doomed. It has made such a great recovery in your tank it would have been a same to loose it because of silly accident.

Jason

smokinreefer
03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
thanks.
i am very relieved now.

Gujustud
03-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Glad everything is okay!