PDA

View Full Version : WTB: A. valida

JTrigger
03-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Anyone have any purple monster frags?

Aquattro
03-21-2004, 08:55 PM

hehehe, I know of one in the country. If you want a real frag of PM, you won't get it locally for a long time. I think the latest frag went for something like $500 US from one of the sites auctioning them! But maybe you'll get lucky. :razz:

smokinreefer
03-21-2004, 09:32 PM
all i can do is :lol:
to each his own i suppose.
its all about percieved value... which is what the market value of anything is based upon(among other things).

JTrigger
03-21-2004, 11:32 PM
LoL, just thought I'd ask for the heck of it :)... I did find a guy selling a frag of it in Seattle for $24.99 :biggrin:

DBM
03-21-2004, 11:51 PM
I know of a hobbiest in Ontario that's saying she's got it. The story is she got it from an employee at a big coral propagation greenhouse in Detroit (not mentioning names here) who was babysitting a piece originating from Mike Paletta. She paid $80.00 U.S. for a tiny frag, a few years back before the whole PM fad hit. I guess she had to beg for him to frag it, and being a woman doesn't hurt. lol.

She's had it for a few years now and has only had to frag it twice - that's how slow it grows. A deep purple with white polyps.
She is supposed to have the Leng cap as well which she got a few years ago through the same guy.

Funny how the hobby has it's fads. What's next I wonder?

whaase
03-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Like most things... whatever is rare will be the next fad. :smile:

Walter

Quinn
03-22-2004, 01:14 AM

:lol: :lol: You're a funny guy! Did I see you on the Comedy Network the other day? :razz:

For $25, I really don't know if I'd believe it to be a Tyree PM frag...

JTrigger
03-22-2004, 01:18 AM

:lol: :lol: You're a funny guy! Did I see you on the Comedy Network the other day? :razz:

:rainbowa: :grab: :rainbowa:

StirCrazy
03-22-2004, 02:17 AM
you know the funny thing is that even if some one did have one he likely wouldn't frag it. you would be kinda shooting your self in the foot by spreading around a rare coral as it would decrease the value as it becomes more common. I know it sounds selfish but look at the rose anemone, was selling for over 200 now that it is being brought in more it has decreased in price by more than 50%.

Steve