PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Amquel?

LeanneP
05-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone around Kelowna uses Amquel or another kind of water conditioner that doesn't have slime coat in it. I have a new skimmer and it is going crazy skimmer water only. I have been told by the manutfacturer that it is reacting to the prime I use although J & L disagrees. Nobody sells Amquel in the Okanagan and just wondering if I can borrow a little bit until I get to Vancouver again to see if it helps the skimmer.
Leanne

Aquattro
05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Prime has never made my skimmer over react....

reefwars
05-11-2012, 08:25 PM
i doubt its the prime as well:)

ElGuappo
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I have never had an issue with prime. I have had this happen when using epoxy to mount Frags tho..

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

reefwars
05-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I have never had an issue with prime. I have had this happen when using epoxy to mount Frags tho..

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

same here epoxy will for sure:)
if the skimmer is new it will go through a break in period where it may not tune or skim:)

nrosdal
05-12-2012, 12:42 AM
what do you guys use water conditioner for? are u using it to dehlorinate tap water? does anyone not use ro??

LeanneP
05-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey Nick,
I use an aquarium filter from J & L that I got. In hind site maybe I should have got an R/O unit second hand but the filter is easy to use and I hook it to the basement tap and run 40 feet of tubing up to the kitchen for doing my mixing. It seems to work ok. So that is why I use Prime. To remove the chiorine.
Everyone seems to be saying it is not the Prime. The manufacturer is sending a vavle to slow the pump down so hopefully that will do the trick.
Leanne