PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting 20lbs CO2 Tank to regulator... help?

reefphish
03-21-2004, 04:49 AM
Does anybody else use a 20lbs C02 tank? (I'm setting up a retrofitted fluval filter as a calcium reactor)

I purchased from saltwater connection a while ago.. but just getting around to connecting now...

problem is the regulator vwont/cant screw onto the tank because of the protective tank cowling/handle

... do extensions exist?.. do I need to purchase a hose? what has worked out well?

any input appreciated!

Delphinus
03-21-2004, 05:06 AM
I had to find an odd angle to hold the cowling thing at but I was able to get the threads to catch, once they started it was just a matter of tightening it.

I was ready to hacksaw that thing off. I don't know if that's a really bad idea ... an extension would be better.

Good luck, maybe try a few more times before giving up. It was a chore but I did in the end get the regulator on.

Canadian Man
03-21-2004, 06:11 AM
I have the same tank as Tony which we both got from the same place as you. If your using a SWC regulator it WILL fit. We both got ours on. :biggrin:

reefphish
03-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks Tony/Jon.. gave it another try this morning.. and although tight.. it fits!

The reactor is working nicely... will give it a few days to work in.. still playing with the fine adjustments and working towards a 1bbl/sec bubble count... seems to move around abit.

cheers,

John