PDA

View Full Version : Melting torch coral

Coralgurl
05-08-2012, 04:05 AM
I have 2 torch corals, one neon green (in tank for a month) and one yellow tip (in tank for a week) and both seem to be melting. I've got one on the sand and one on the rocks. So far I've got 2 heads left on the green and 3 heads have melted on the yellow. I've also noticed my trumpet coral is starting to recede (was transferred from My 55). I've been dosing magnesium as it was at 1200 a few days ago and kh which was at 6. I've turned the power heads down to about 75%.

What else should I do?

reefwars
05-08-2012, 04:10 AM
I have 2 torch corals, one neon green (in tank for a month) and one yellow tip (in tank for a week) and both seem to be melting. I've got one on the sand and one on the rocks. So far I've got 2 heads left on the green and 3 heads have melted on the yellow. I've also noticed my trumpet coral is starting to recede (was transferred from My 55). I've been dosing magnesium as it was at 1200 a few days ago and kh which was at 6. I've turned the power heads down to about 75%.

What else should I do?

is there any brown mucus on them(the torchs)

Coralgurl
05-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Not at all. They are extended, color is good, they are just melting one head at a time.

1bigstud
05-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Wonder what it could be? Are there other corals in the tank? If so how are they doing?

reefwars
05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
fish list??

Coralgurl
05-08-2012, 04:29 AM
I have quite a few lps, Duncan's, brains, lobos, fox coral, button, frogspawn, bubble, zoas with growth, mushrooms which are splitting. I've also got a pectinia which went in 2 weeks ago, a couple sps which are also fine. Im stumped.

Coralgurl
05-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Fish
Sebae clown
Blue hippo tang
Tomini tang
Solar wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Royal gramma
Bangaii cardinal
Orange diamond goby
2 spot hogfish