Green and red just isn't enough!!
let me know if you have any thanks!

Edmonton area please

TRS
05-07-2012, 08:52 PM
How about some Idaho Grape?

Nano
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Sounds like drugs to me ;) got any pictures? Come to Edmonton or reddeer ever?

TRS
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Also have Leng Sy Monti and will be in Edmonton a couple of times this week.

martinmcnally
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd love a frag of some green if you have it. I have some purple but its still too small to frag.

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
I'd love a frag of some green if you have it. I have some purple but its still too small to frag.
I'd be happy to snap you off a chunk for a chocolate bar ;) but I am also waiting for some growth, I have 2 - 1"x1" frags once one gets big enough to snap a chunk off I will pm you if you like martin :)

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Also have Leng Sy Monti and will be in Edmonton a couple of times this week.
oh thanks :) but thats one of the types I have waiting to propegate some myself

martinmcnally
05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Sounds like give it a month or so and we can trade purple for green or a chocolate bar haha.

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:17 PM
sounds good my friend I will let you know, I also had the Leng Sy Monti from Denny, also waiting to propegate some as well. a month or so of good params and I should be able to snap of a chunk of both if you like probably 1x1 frags

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
well since we're on the topic of monti's whats a estimated growth rate for them or what have you guys noticed in terms of speed of growth? mine seem to be growing slowly, mind you I had a crash, and have only had them for about 2 months or so

Finisher604
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Ocean aquatics had a nice size frag of purple
Monti I am sure they would be happy to ship

reefwars
05-07-2012, 09:41 PM
well since we're on the topic of monti's whats a estimated growth rate for them or what have you guys noticed in terms of speed of growth? mine seem to be growing slowly, mind you I had a crash, and have only had them for about 2 months or so

i have about a 1/2" + growth per month, depending on the monti. the green with purple grows very fast and the red grows thicker for me but slower than the green. my all green went from a all brown piece i got from another member to completely green now it has also grown new growth of about 1/2-3/4" in the last month.you can see the new growth in their edges:)

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:43 PM
i have about a 1/2" + growth per month, depending on the monti. the green with purple grows very fast and the red grows thicker for me but slower than the green. my all green went from a all brown piece i got from another member to completely green now it has also grown new growth of about 1/2-3/4" in the last month.you can see the new growth in their edges:)
new growth looks a bit white at first then gets color? atleast thats what I am seeing lol

reefwars
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
new growth looks a bit white at first then gets color? atleast thats what I am seeing lol

yes the edges will stay whiteish and even the green on the ends should be more vibrant and bright while the rest will be darker. colour has alot to do with where you keep it and what spectrum lighting you have it under:)

your monticap should be the same colour throughout except for the very edges sometimes are less bright from new growth:P

if you want to experiment with the shape it grows it break off small pieces and place them on the mother cap somewhere else, they will fuse together and grow in a different direction.

i am actually breaking off a bunch of orange small pieces to toss on my green and have them grow together for awhile:)

Nano
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
yes the edges will stay whiteish and even the green on the ends should be more vibrant and bright while the rest will be darker. colour has alot to do with where you keep it and what spectrum lighting you have it under:)

your monticap should be the same colour throughout except for the very edges sometimes are less bright from new growth:P

if you want to experiment with the shape it grows it break off small pieces and place them on the mother cap somewhere else, they will fuse together and grow in a different direction.

i am actually breaking off a bunch of orange small pieces to toss on my green and have them grow together for awhile:)
did not know any of that lol
would I have to glue it down to the mother colony? how quick do they fuse? :lol::redface:

reefwars
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
did not know any of that lol
would I have to glue it down to the mother colony? how quick do they fuse? :lol::redface:

im not sure ive never glued it my monti is large and in a cupish shape so i just put an orange piece to the top of it where it sat in place it is now fused together, i want to break small ones and place them in different places to see what the outcome is:)

Nano
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
im not sure ive never glued it my monti is large and in a cupish shape so i just put an orange piece to the top of it where it sat in place it is now fused together, i want to break small ones and place them in different places to see what the outcome is:)
Making some FrankenCaps? :lol:
Probably would looks sweet!

reefwars
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Making some FrankenCaps? :lol:
Probably would looks sweet!

more of no where to put caps too lol im guessing you seen fragenstein ?? my little creation of evil!!:P:P:P

reefwars
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
whatcaneyedo in bc....he shipped me all kinds of purple and green caps last year hes had some issues with them but i think the purple is good maybe pm him......its grehound and mine did fine....your about the same distance:) check it out

Nano
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
thanks may do,
also sounds like Martin has some cooking right now too, I might have to make a trip down there in a month or so anyway so maybe I will do some trading along the way

Gotta tank my "seed" down to cowton to visit inlaws and outlaws :lol:

martinmcnally
05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
For best growth make sure the edges are always white if they color up your calcium is too low.

My pink monti grows like crazy maybe an inch per month however the purple was growing really slow but was previously in a bad spot. Since I moved it its doing better.

Nano
05-07-2012, 11:43 PM
For best growth make sure the edges are always white if they color up your calcium is too low.

My pink monti grows like crazy maybe an inch per month however the purple was growing really slow but was previously in a bad spot. Since I moved it its doing better.

Thanks for the tips Martin, edges are all white :) now I just have to wait :lol:

dbdavid
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I could frag my Idaho Grape Monitipora Undata, I bought this from Oceanic Corals 2 or 3 years ago when he was bringing in some stuff from the states.

Mine is identical to: http://reeffarmers.com/limitedmontiporagrape.htm (http://reeffarmers.com/limitedmontiporagrape.htm)

It did have the bright blue edges and tops under 14K halides but is just straight Purple under T5’s now. Frags will be about 1 ½ inches square for $30.00.

Let me know if you are interested.

Dave

Nano
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
always interested in frags ;)
I may have lined some up though, I will pm you if it doesnt work out, if the offer still stands

Nano
08-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Thought I'd bump this up again if anyone has some

daplatapus
08-26-2012, 03:13 AM
I got a really nice piece from whatcaneyedo. He's in Princegeorge I think even with a 2 night shipping it was fine.

Nano
08-26-2012, 05:04 AM
I got a really nice piece from whatcaneyedo. He's in Princegeorge I think even with a 2 night shipping it was fine.

Thanks it seems I may have to go the shipping route, I'd rather pick some up locally, but for the prices I've seen some people's with the size they are selling in comparison to what whatcaneyedo has shown/quoted me, I'll get a frag triple the size for less so may as well, anyone else who wants to split shipping pm me he's got a Few choice sps like the monti and a green and purple acro, both large frags :)

Ken

iceman86
08-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I picked up a purple Monti and a few other ones recently from whatcaneyedo and the frags were huge! he sends you colonies lol. He's got aweome stuff and the shipping was perfect.

Nano
08-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks, yeah I've heard a lot of experiences like this with him so I'm not hesitant to try it out just gotta top up the ol' PayPal account :P

SteveConn
08-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I've bought from whatcaneyedo as well.. Great experience. LARGE frags!!