PDA

View Full Version : stocking suggestions for a 65 gallon reef

goldie
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I am planning my livestock for my RSM250(65 gallons). Before I go and order my fish I figured I would ask for the 2 cents of the experts on here.
What I was thinking was to start with:
gold and blue blenny
firefish
foxface
after that I would like to add a hector's goby/ with a pistol shrimp
I would LOVE a tang, but really not sure what kind(if any)would be ok...I hear mixed reviews on that subject.
6 line wrasse
what else do you suggest?
I am not interested in really expensive fish or ones with high demands.
I plan on keeping soft corals and LPS.
Thanks!

jtbadco
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I think a Yellow Eye Kole Tang would do fine in your tank.

I would suggest caution with the 6 line wrasse. They are very aggressive to other wrasses so you may have trouble if you want any others in the future

Black and white chromis are a hardy and eye catching addition to a reef and they are dirt cheap.

Rainfords gobys are neat little additions to a reef too.

I also just added a Flame Angel to my 65 gal reef but there are always risks with angels

Leah
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree a Kole would be fine and I would forget the 6 line like jtbadco said as they are nasty and extremely hard to remove was they are in... I know from experience. But the others are okay. The only thing I would worry about is that the foxface may grow large fast...so you may want to get a small one.

tim the toolman
05-06-2012, 06:38 PM
If your gonna go fox face I would go with the one spot or the bicolor. I think the standard fox face would get a bit too big for a 65g. Like 8-10".