PDA

View Full Version : clownfish

canadianbudz604
05-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Ive had my clownfish for a month, and hes always been very active. But in the past week or so hes been pacing up and down the corner of the tank... His bed where he always sleeps is there. I tested my water and all seems good:

Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0ppm
PH: 8.2

What is his issue? Some things I read on the internet says its normal behaviour. He eats like a fat pig, but doesnt leave the corner too often... He is a tank raised ocellaris...

Finisher604
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
ya they just do that man i have 4 clown fish the smaller ones seem to patrol the outer edges of the tank, just give them time

daniella3d
05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I had one doing this for a year until I got it a companion (a smaller one! so it's not a female) and she started behaving very differently.

Clownfish usually behave very differently and more normally when in couple. Mine host 2 sebae anemone and a duncan coral. They never go far away from their anemone and each one has its own anemone to sleep in at night. So cute to watch.

It is a normal behavior for a clownfish to be with a companion and to live in an anemone.

Ive had my clownfish for a month, and hes always been very active. But in the past week or so hes been pacing up and down the corner of the tank... His bed where he always sleeps is there. I tested my water and all seems good:

Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0ppm
PH: 8.2

What is his issue? Some things I read on the internet says its normal behaviour. He eats like a fat pig, but doesnt leave the corner too often... He is a tank raised ocellaris...

canadianbudz604
05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Its good to hear that they are just weird little fish. I am going to get him a friend as soon as pauls aquatics brings in more tank raised guys. I only have a 10g so those will be my only fish... I want him to host my frogspawn but he doesn't pay much attention to it. Thanks for the help

daniella3d
05-06-2012, 08:14 PM
what ever you do, take one that is smaller because if you end up having 2 females they are going to figh to death. 10 gallons is a bit small for 2 clownfish I think. 15 would be on the edge, 20 is better.

Its good to hear that they are just weird little fish. I am going to get him a friend as soon as pauls aquatics brings in more tank raised guys. I only have a 10g so those will be my only fish... I want him to host my frogspawn but he doesn't pay much attention to it. Thanks for the help

btymens
05-06-2012, 10:47 PM
my clowns are weird also in personality. My bta is in one corner and they host it constantly and then they leave and go to the opposite corner to their favorite spot. its a pattern that they repeat constantly

canadianbudz604
05-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Ya I figured it was just behaviour.... He still eats lots, get excited when he sees me, and he does come out to check stuff out, sometimes the cleaner shrimp rolls him around... I feed by him by hand. I guess sometimes reading stuff on the internet will just make you paranoid. I think an upgrade is coming in the near future for me because 10g aint cutting it anymore

Nano
05-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Same thing with mine she would pace back and forth on the glass til we got her a friend, now they are very busy everywhere in the tank.

canadianbudz604
05-29-2012, 04:41 AM
I got another tank raised oscellaris and the two paired up pretty much instantly now they cruise around everywhere and sleep in the same hole together. My first one stopped digging everywhere (finally). The new one is actually almost like a peach colour. Now I just gotta move everything into my 18g :lol: