PDA

View Full Version : Picky eaters

scubadawg
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi
I have 2 firefish in 1 tank, they will eat anything, my other tank has 2 firefish, they don't like flaked food, tried 3 different brands , they try it and spit it out, only thing they eat is brine shrimp, any suggestions? to get they to eat some other stuff?

Thanks

reefwars
05-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi
I have 2 firefish in 1 tank, they will eat anything, my other tank has 2 firefish, they don't like flaked food, tried 3 different brands , they try it and spit it out, only thing they eat is brine shrimp, any suggestions? to get they to eat some other stuff?

Thanks

soak the flakes in as much shrimp juice you can and try different shrimp juices. cyclopeeze juice would be good to:) good luck nothing worse then a stubborn eater!!:)

reefwars
05-05-2012, 07:51 PM
and make the flake food avalable as much as possible, once they are familiar with it or realize it tastes good they will go after it more and more:)

scubadawg
05-05-2012, 07:57 PM
It's the same with my Aptasia eating file fish, doesn't like Aptasia, flaked food, loves brine shrimp :(, along with my peppermint shimp, likes brine shrimp and really loves Mysis shrimp, go after taking the food from the anenome :( Can't win

daplatapus
05-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Mine like to munch on New Life Spectrum pellets. You could try that.

reefwars
05-05-2012, 08:27 PM
nls is a great product also you could try pacifica plakton im pretty sure alllllll fish love that stuff!!:P