PDA

View Full Version : Vertex In-80

Enigma
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I would really like to purchase a Vertex IN-80.

What is preventing me from proceeding with the purchase is the footprint. There are all sorts of crazy, and widely varied, dimensions being thrown around. I can't find any recent numbers (within the last year, or so).

The return in my sump (where the skimmer will go) is 13.5"x8.75" with a tiny smidgen of wiggle room . . . I only measured to the 1/4"). These are the interior dimensions.

Some of the older claims that I've read indicate that these things can be squeezed into an 8.5"x11" footprint (on an angle).

Can any one confirm whether or not I'll be able to fit the most recent version of this skimmer into my return?

Enigma
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I should clarify: on the diagonal, not an "angle."

ElGuappo
05-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Where are you located. I have a in 80. It needs a pump but its yours for 20 if you want it. Im in Calgary.

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk.

Enigma
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Where are you located. I have a in 80. It needs a pump but its yours for 20 if you want it. Im in Calgary.

Sweet! I have several extra pumps I can try on it.

I'm in Huntington Hills (in Calgary). PM incoming :)

ElGuappo
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Guess i should add its not a vertex its a euroreef in 80.

Enigma
05-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Guess i should add its not a vertex its a euroreef in 80.

I just checked the specs, and that will fit the space better than the Vertex. I've got nothing to lose by trying it. :)

Enigma
05-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, as it turns out . . . I've "ruined" my Mother's Day surprise (a SWC 120 Cone) and hubby had to spill the beans.

At least I told him what I was planning to do when I said I had to "run out for a bit to get something for the aquarium Monday evening."

:o

I'm sure the SWC will be great, and hopefully someone else is able to snap up ElGuappo's Vertex!

Enigma
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Well, my little SWC 120 has been running for a week. It is a great little skimmer, and it is very quiet (important, since the tank is in our bedroom). Overall, I am very pleased with it.