PDA

View Full Version : zoo's

Tanman
03-20-2004, 01:07 AM
hi there everybody.....

just wondering if zoo's are hard to care for? i heard they're quite similar to mushrooms (in that case no work at all). are compacts ok?

christyf5 can i ask where you got your zoo's from and can anyone tell me where i can find some cool looking ones like those in the lower mainland? or if anyone has a small colony for sale :confused: :mrgreen:

Bob I
03-20-2004, 01:11 AM
hi there everybody.....

just wondering if zoo's are hard to care for? i heard they're quite similar to mushrooms (in that case no work at all). are compacts ok?

The short answers are no, and yes

christyf5 can i ask where you got your zoo's from and can anyone tell me where i can find some cool looking ones like those in the lower mainland? or if anyone has a small colony for sale :confused: :mrgreen:

If you were in Calgary, I would say here. I have about 20 different kinds. I have just fragged a number to take to Edmonton. :mrgreen:

But since you are not, Christy has nice zoo's, and Ocean Aquatics has some. I know because I got a nice colony from Jack. There are a number of folks in the lower mainland who have zoos. I just don't know it they are ready to frag them. :eek:

christyf5
03-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi Tanman,

I got my zoos from all over, some locally, some via trades in Vancouver and Calgary. They're hard to find in stores sometimes. Come to one of our meetings, you should be able to find some there :biggrin:

Christy :)

kuatto
03-20-2004, 01:27 AM
"I have about 20 different kinds."

Bob is like the Godfather of zoos :mrgreen: :razz: if he doesn't have the color you want,it ain't worth having :mrgreen:

Jim

Bob I
03-20-2004, 01:32 AM
"I have about 20 different kinds."

Bob is like the Godfather of zoos :mrgreen: :razz: if he doesn't have the color you want,it ain't worth having :mrgreen:

Jim

Wow, I wish that were true. :rolleyes: , I have some nice ones thanks to Canadian Reef, Tony, Evan, Christy, and Jack. However, there are many more I would like to have in my tanks. :eek:

Quinn
03-20-2004, 01:34 AM
Jim... Bob is missing at least one nice variety... the blues. :razz:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=184

Bob I
03-20-2004, 02:35 AM
[quote="teevee"]Jim... Bob is missing at least one nice variety... the blues. :razz:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=184[/
quote]

Yes probably true, but oh what a difference lighting makes. :rolleyes:

Old Guy
03-20-2004, 04:28 AM
I have about twenty kinds as well but there's a line up for frags :lol: .

Jeff

Bob I
03-20-2004, 03:37 PM

Jeff

Yes here too, but this trip to Edmonton is kind of a one time thing, so I made a bunch of frags sooner than I really wanted. However, I have learned quite a bit from this fragging experience. :eek:

kuatto
03-20-2004, 04:05 PM
"but this trip to Edmonton is kind of a one time thing"

Bob,say it ain't so....tell us you are comming back more than once to visit :frown:
Who will bring us the zoos?...we need the zoos! :razz: (actually I need my coffee :mrgreen: )

Jim

Tanman
03-21-2004, 05:39 PM

Jeff

can you add me to the list :mrgreen: pleeeeeease :lol: