PDA

View Full Version : AI Vega Sneek Peek?

Nano
05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Came across this on youtube.. Finally some more color spectrums!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dUaALDVaUz8

sphelps
05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL, it this for an aquarium or a night club.

Nano
05-04-2012, 09:57 PM
lol sync it to you itunes ;) your fish would go 'nuckin futz' :lol:

Casey8
05-04-2012, 09:58 PM
LOL, it this for an aquarium or a night club.

LOL :mrgreen:

scubadawg
05-04-2012, 10:01 PM
That sucks, I have 2 - 60" Sunbrite F's coming to me next week, I could of had a Disco Display Tank:(

Bblinks
05-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow that brings me back to my younger days....:mrgreen:

Magma
05-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Im not so happy if thats really what the new AI Vega unit will be, I was understanding it would be like the SOL units but with more control over it just like the Radions, I wanted more white and blue leds not the green and red :( O well back to the budget to see what I should be looking at now.

reefme
05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't know, but I like it.

sphelps
05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Im not so happy if thats really what the new AI Vega unit will be, I was understanding it would be like the SOL units but with more control over it just like the Radions, I wanted more white and blue leds not the green and red :( O well back to the budget to see what I should be looking at now.

Pretty sure there will be two versions, standard VEGA with the three colors and the VEGA Color with 8 colors.

Magma
05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Hope so, as cool as a disco light show seems its not something I really want in the living room.

freezetyle
05-05-2012, 01:16 AM
EPIC!

bignose
05-05-2012, 01:40 AM
I know people turn down the intensity of their leds but with only 4 white leds is this fixture going to be bright enough? There is plenty of fancy colors but do corals need all the colors? (Sorry I didn't read the LED thread)

justincgdick
05-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I dunno. White light is every colour, so what's the difference? One just gives you controllability of the actually amount of each light. About the amount of light, how many people start their radions at 40% of full so they don't bleach the corals? Seems to me, 60% of the leds aren't needed to match the halides they are replacing.

You reef guys crack me up. A $20k tank in the living room isn't overkill... but a light fixture with more than two colours is.. ;)

martinmcnally
05-05-2012, 11:06 PM
That's weird. I cant believe they are going to put 4 red and 4 green per fixture. Seems like way too much with only 4 white LEDs and 8 Royal Blue.

Nano
05-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah that's what I thought I wonder if the whites are a higher power this time?

martinmcnally
05-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah that's what I thought I wonder if the whites are a higher power this time?

They are 5W XM-L but still. Seems like too much Red and Green.

According to Reef Builders this is not the default Vega which is only Royal Blue, Blue and White. This is an AI Vega Color model.

Madreefer
05-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Each color is dimmable. The more colors to be able to adjust the more appealing to the eye. Everyone always trying to get that right color or spectrum. I find all the "disco ball" comments rather silly. It's a quick clip demonstrating each color. I'm interested in trying them out. I'm trying to come up with a price for the 2 of the Sol Blues i'll be replacing to try a couple of these.

martinmcnally
05-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Each color is dimmable. The more colors to be able to adjust the more appealing to the eye. Everyone always trying to get that right color or spectrum. I find all the "disco ball" comments rather silly. It's a quick clip demonstrating each color. I'm interested in trying them out. I'm trying to come up with a price for the 2 of the Sol Blues i'll be replacing to try a couple of these.

The Vega is $499 each. We are taking pre-orders for the first batch with $99 deposit until they ship. Although we do not have a confirmed ship date yet.

kaboom
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Interzoo has come and gone, what's the latest on the release date?

tang daddy
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
The Vega is $499 each. We are taking pre-orders for the first batch with $99 deposit until they ship. Although we do not have a confirmed ship date yet.

Martin, will this VEGA have all colour spectrums red, green, blue and white or is this the cheaper model with less spectrum?

martinmcnally
05-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Martin, will this VEGA have all colour spectrums red, green, blue and white or is this the cheaper model with less spectrum?

They have not released any official information yet. The rumor is there will be two models one Super Blue (same as AI Sol) and a Color model (the one in the video).

I expect both models will be the same price. However this is just a rumor. They will not release any information.

tang daddy
05-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Is it also true that the Vega cannot control the sols?
Reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind combining the two fixtures together but would rather just have one controller. I guess when they release it we may have an answer!

martinmcnally
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Is it also true that the Vega cannot control the sols?
Reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind combining the two fixtures together but would rather just have one controller. I guess when they release it we may have an answer!

Thats a good question. I know there is a Sol "add-on" coming out at the same time to make the Sols wireless so perhaps they will be able to talk to each other.

Nano
05-17-2012, 10:50 PM
that would be ideal I would love to test drive some vegas but dont have a big enough tank to justify it right now :P

Midway
05-17-2012, 11:06 PM
That'd be nice to be control my AI SOLs wirelessly!!