PDA

View Full Version : SPS ID Please :)

Nano
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Picked this up for $10 about a month ago, this is when I got it, seems to be growing like crazy I will post a "growth shot" tonight
Anyone have any Idea as to what it is? The seller thought maybe it was a type of birdsnest as it, does appear as such, but I wanted to try to get a species ID on it :) Thanks guys! Also is 1/2"+ of growth in 3-4 weeks good?
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/thehobdenmarina/DSCN3162.jpg

reefermadness
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Pocci....maybe stylo or birdnest. Too small to be certain.

Nano
05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
the parts that have since began to brach look a bit thinner then most stylo's I am seeing, but yes its quite small. I will try to post a better pic tonight showing skeletal structure as well as with the polyps extended since the small growth spurt it has had

p.s. you can see the polyps are very long on this type is there a birdsnest with polyps this long? :lol:

reefwars
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
the parts that have since began to brach look a bit thinner then most stylo's I am seeing, but yes its quite small. I will try to post a better pic tonight showing skeletal structure as well as with the polyps extended since the small growth spurt it has had

p.s. you can see the polyps are very long on this type is there a birdsnest with polyps this long? :lol:

pink birdnest:P

Nano
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I thought so maybe, but the polyps on the tips of the branches are green, then the maing body the polyps are pinkish

reefwars
05-04-2012, 02:43 PM
haha could be any kind of birdnest from the pic looks kinda green, im only guessing though on the birdnest sure looks like it polyp wise same with pocci:P

Snappy
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like pocillopra damicornis to me.

Aquattro
05-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Looks like pocillopra damicornis to me.

yup, that's my guess.