PDA

View Full Version : FT - Small single piece of live rock with aiptasia and pods - Lower Mainland

Coasting
05-04-2012, 03:50 AM
I have a small chunk of LR sitting in my QT tank I want to get rid of. Its about the size of my hand, 1-2" thick. The kicker, it comes with some small aiptasia. (only seen about 2 but I cant seem to do anything with lemon juice so i've given up on it) Its been sitting there for 2 months now, I think its time to get rid of it lol.

Some ugly yellow sponge stuff on it, seen the odd bristle worm, lots of pods and other "life" in this rock so it would be a shame to just boil it because of the aiptasia. But I want to clean out the QT tank for the new coral....

Comes with a square tile that used to have a frag on it - covered in coraline and other good stuff, as well as a small frag of small pink zoas. (Marble sized, saw a single aiptasia on it at one point, havnt seen it on there in awhile but I dont want to risk it going in the DT ~ 10-15heads)

Trade for a mushroom or gsp or something cheap and cute/bright maybe?
Located in PoCo

Coasting
05-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Bump
Nobody wants a rock with pods? I see tons of the little buggers roam around on the rock at night. Zoa frag is not attached to the rock.

Could meet at JL on sunday, or south burnaby saturday.

If nobody will even trade me for a little mushroom then id be more then happy to give it away, would much rather see the pods go to use then get boiled alive.

Mandosh
05-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Kalk paste should solve your aiptasia problem.

Coasting
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I dont have Kalk paste (nor do I actually know anything about it) and i dont intend to go out and buy any to deal with a small rock that I have no use for in my DT.
So hey if somebody else has some kalk paste and wants it, bonus for them :)

Mandosh
05-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Fair enough

monocus
05-05-2012, 02:17 AM
you can bring it over to me and i'll put it in my berghia tank for a week-they'll clean it up

Coasting
05-05-2012, 05:17 AM
But its ugly and I really dont want it :P Lol

Trade pending.