PDA

View Full Version : Brightwell KoralColor??

chris121277
05-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I have a full bottle of Brightwell KoralColor that I bought for some unknown reason a wile back.

Now I can't find any ingredients on the bottle, but they claim it will help with coloration.

Has anyone tried this stuff and or has an opinion about it?

freezetyle
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
It is a vitamin/mineral supplement, but i think it leaves out some of the heavy metals that can lighten coral colours (zeospur, etc.).

chris121277
05-02-2012, 05:25 PM
It is a vitamin/mineral supplement, but i think it leaves out some of the heavy metals that can lighten coral colours (zeospur, etc.).

So it might help? I've been informed that my SPS's look pale/bleached

dc4
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I am using it and have been for a few months, I have noticed no difference in the coloration of anything in my tank (sps/lps/zoas/palys). After I finish the bottle, I will not be buying another one unless something changes from now until then.

chris121277
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I am using it and have been for a few months, I have noticed no difference in the coloration of anything in my tank (sps/lps/zoas/palys). After I finish the bottle, I will not be buying another one unless something changes from now until then.

how much are you dosing? and are you looking for lighter or darker colors?

dc4
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
By their calculations, I dose about 18 drops per day and it is supposed enhance their current colors. I was hoping to make the reds and oranges in the tank more vibrant but so far, everything looks the same to me.

freezetyle
05-03-2012, 04:33 AM
with most of the supplements like that you probably won't notice any difference unless you are at an Ultra low nutrient level.

EDIT:

Just saw your other thread. Biopellets are really efficient at sucking out the other stuff. You could defiantly try it to see if it would help. I might also suggest an amino acid supp as well.
Maybe give the bright well stuff a try. If it helps with coloration, i would think about switching to the zeo line, more expensive initially but the majority of the supplements are two drop twice a week.

chris121277
05-03-2012, 01:23 PM
with most of the supplements like that you
Just saw your other thread. Biopellets are really efficient at sucking out the other stuff. You could defiantly try it to see if it would help. I might also suggest an amino acid supp as well.
Maybe give the bright well stuff a try. If it helps with coloration, i would think about switching to the zeo line, more expensive initially but the majority of the supplements are two drop twice a week.

I'm going to be ordering some Zeo amino acid tomorrow....but I also need a bunch of other supplies so trying to keep the price down on this order...... that was sort of my idea, that if the brightwells stuff works then I'd order some Zeo stuff next time.