PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Juice from Wendell

robbyville
03-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Joe's Juice. Received it from Wendell the other day and so far so good! For those that may not remember I posted a picture a while back of my sump chamber which is located at the back of my tank so you can't normally see it without sticking your head through the canopy. At any rate the sump had thousands of aptaisia...Clean sweep baby! :lol:

Rob

BCOrchidGuy
03-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Robby, how did you use it? How easy is it to use on aptasia in the tank?

Doug

robbyville
03-31-2004, 11:44 PM
well Doug, if you saw any of the pictures from my aptaisia problems you would know that it was incredibly easy to use, heck I could have dosed the stuff with my top off water I had so many of the buggers :lol:

At any rate, it was very simple since I did not have to inject the aptaisia but rather feed it to them. There were a couple of spts behind rocks that were a little harder to deal with but still better than any other methods that I had tried.

Lastly, I did not feel the same worry when I was working closer to my other corals since it did not affect them adversely like the injections of kalk paste were.

Overall, extremely happy!

Best,

Rob

martym
04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Hope he has some left. Just notice some growing after 9 months??? Guess I'll be seeing him this weekend.

props
05-02-2004, 08:50 PM
i've tried the product at to no avail
fed it directly to the aptaisa it started melting but after a couple of weeks
its back again just smaller
=o(

zulu_principle
05-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Jesse

I had the same problem in my home system and after consistent use over 3 weeks I have now rid myself of most, not all of my aptasia.

I also added a few peppermints that I noticed last night munching away on some in the back.

I dont think its a secret potion that gets rid of all of them, but it sure helps.

Wendell

robbyville
05-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Yup I'd agree with that!

I di have to purchase another couple of bottles (Makes 3 so far), although to date I have only used 1.5 of them. I have seen a few small ones but as I deal with them it's less and less. Also, I'm sure that I may have some particles that are coming from the sump which I recently scrubbed (making it much worse!!!).

I have found that the juice is far more efficient than kalk, lemon juice, hot water, etc. If you have fish that enjoy eating shrimp for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a general snack then this product is a great addition!

props
05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
i wonder if it'll work better to heat it up a lil bit then squirt it at em lil buggers

props
05-25-2004, 03:40 AM
well took another shot of joes juice to 'em damn aiptasia and again to no avail.. wonder if i got a dud
fed it directly at the mouth of the aiptasia, melted even but after a couple of weeks come sprouting a new one
sigh

Jack
05-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Best bet would be to eliminate the mass of them with Joe's Juice then put in a few Peppermint shrimp to keep them away for good.

hockey nut
06-05-2004, 04:05 AM
I read a bit about aptaisia before I started my reef tank a couple of years ago. When I started my tank and added live rock, I also added a couple of peppermint shrimp. Now I'm guessing here, but those little guys munched up any little growing aptaisia before they even had a chance to flourish. In the two years I've had this tank ( knock on wood ) I've never seen one little devil. A little luck and a little intervention I think. I heard of those shrimp eating even some of the big aptaisia. My guess is dose the ones you can and let the shrimp do the rest. HTH. cheers