PDA

View Full Version : salt manufacturer

daplatapus
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Anyone try this stuff? What's it like?
http://www.aquavitro.com/products/salinity.html

Aquattro
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I tried it. Found it better for de-icing my front stairs. Lots of precipitate, and my tank when down hill for 2 months after using it. Others have used it without issue, so maybe there is a problem with QA in manufacturing. I gave most of the bucket away once it stopped snowing here.

Madmak
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
I like it so far. I use the entire aquavitro line. It is said to be one of the closest mixes to natural sea water and be very consistent. Each pail has the test results printed on the side.

Coralgurl
05-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I've been using it for almost a year. Might change when I need to buy another bucket, lots of floaty stuff in the mix but haven't had any issues with the tank. I do however have low alk and mag. I have a batched mixed, I should test and see what it's at.....

NU-2reef
05-03-2012, 12:59 AM
I use it and have no negative things to say about it. My sps are happier and more colorful than ever. Tried many brands but have settled on this one. It just works for me

Madmak
05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
It is pricey though. On sale it is on par with most other brands. I don't seem to get the floaty stuff but I have only mixed one big pail.