PDA

View Full Version : LF Arrow Crab

cichlid000
04-30-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm in Chilliwack & looking for an Arrow Crab, anyone have one for sale?

krisalexander
04-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Call J&L I believe they have some.

ElGuappo
04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Just fyi thay get very aggresive as they get bigger. These and sally light foot crabs will never make it into another of my tanks. Jumps off rock and tries to catch fish.

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk.

Ginu
04-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Call J&L I believe they have some.

I was at J&L yesterday and they did have quite a few if my memory serves me right.

Nano
04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Just fyi thay get very aggresive as they get bigger. These and sally light foot crabs will never make it into another of my tanks. Jumps off rock and tries to catch fish.

Sent from my galaxy S2 using tapatalk.
+1 I have seen this with some arrow crabs at big als before (I was just browsing I swear!) ;)
They are cool looking but like all crabs will eat what ever they can so should be bought with caution IMO

cichlid000
05-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Was hoping to get one to help get the bristleworms under control. Does anybody know if there is a more peaceful addition to the tank that would still go after the bristleworms?

Ginu
05-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Was hoping to get one to help get the bristleworms under control. Does anybody know if there is a more peaceful addition to the tank that would still go after the bristleworms?

Well my CBS seems to do fairly legit business in keeping the population of brittle stars down..

Casey8
05-01-2012, 02:51 AM

I have heard a mediterranean cone snail would control the bristle worms, I want to try it.

Casey8
05-01-2012, 03:17 AM
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/DanoLuCasey/cedonulliunion05.jpg

Ginu
05-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Have you guys tried a nylon sock with a shrimp in it over night?

I've heard that's an efficient way to get rid of some worms as they come and cling on the sock, do you would have to just rice and throw away.

Casey8
05-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Have you guys tried a nylon sock with a shrimp in it over night?

I've heard that's an efficient way to get rid of some worms as they come and cling on the sock, do you would have to just rice and throw away.

I don't think I can even dare to take the socks out in the morning or just to look at them LOL :mrgreen:

Ginu
05-01-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't think I can even dare to take the socks out in the morning or just to look at them LOL :mrgreen:

Tie the sock with some fishing line and in the morning you just pull the line out with the sock while looking the other way and dump directly in the garbage.

Casey8
05-01-2012, 03:41 AM
LOL thanks ... I will try to do that instead of spending money on this cone snail :mrgreen:

Reefie
05-01-2012, 07:32 AM
A Mystery Wrasse or Yellow Coris Wrasse or a number of other Wrasses will do the trick.

They will also eat pyram snails and prevent them from taking out your clams, if you have any.

Plus they make a great addition to your tank!

Ginu
05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
A Mystery Wrasse or Yellow Coris Wrasse or a number of other Wrasses will do the trick.

They will also eat pyram snails and prevent them from taking out your clams, if you have any.

Plus they make a great addition to your tank!
Wrasses are a good way but some can become too aggressive and larger tanks are required for those wrasses :(