PDA

View Full Version : New Fish

Aquattro
04-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I just bought a new fish, and it's in QUARANTINE!!! Wonder if I can find all my old posts sloughing off QT of new fish and delete them? -lol

Proteus
04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Whatcha buy

Aquattro
04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Queen Angel..

Proteus
04-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Man I sure wish I could have angel. But another tanks a no go

Delphinus
04-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Oooh. Pictures please!

Duker
05-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Queen Angel..
Pretty fish, just saw JAson's last night-real show fish :)
Hope Queeny gets along with Empie! How is the Emperor doing?

Aquattro
05-01-2012, 04:01 AM
The emperor is doing well. The queen is about the same size, so hopefully they become good friends.

troni
05-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Man I sure wish I could have angel. But another tanks a no go

remember what you told me at MA .."time for a upgrade!"
dont get another go bigger

keep us posted on how the first QT goes. Are you treating her with anything?

lockrookie
05-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Wonder if I can find all my old posts sloughing off QT of new fish and delete them? -lol

i find this funny i read alot of old threads on numerous forums and in one US forum..member frequents here as well... a few years back said led was a silly idea ( harsher words used) and then here after gregs build praising leds years later. this is no disrespect to the member i just find it funny how thngs change over say a 2 year span.. btw i wasnt stalking just came across the name and recognised it lol.

anyways congrats onthe purchase ever since my koran angel incident i willno longer have angels.. my wifes 25$/head dendrios lost 3 heads in a day.. was not a good day.

Duker
05-01-2012, 05:00 AM
The emperor is doing well. The queen is about the same size, so hopefully they become good friends.

Me too, Queeny and Empie....the best of fishy friends!!:wink:

Aquattro
05-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Are you treating her with anything?

Yes, I'm using 10mg/l chloroquine phosphate.

Aquattro
05-01-2012, 05:09 AM
i find this funny i read alot of old threads on numerous forums and in one US forum..member frequents here as well... a few years back said led was a silly idea ( harsher words used) and then here after gregs build praising leds years later. this is no disrespect to the member i just find it funny how thngs change over say a 2 year span..

Yes, things always change, in habits and purchases. Personally, I was confident in not using QT, as 12 years doing this I never had an issue. Until I did, and lost most of my fish.
I'm still not sold on LED, although I'm going to try them as an alternative to installing an HRV unit. My MH are causing a lot of moisture in the house :)

gregzz4
05-01-2012, 05:17 AM
My MH are causing a lot of moisture in the house :)
Well then, just stop putting water in your tank :rolleyes: or open all your windows :razz:

lockrookie
05-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Yes, things always change, in habits and purchases. Personally, I was confident in not using QT, as 12 years doing this I never had an issue. Until I did, and lost most of my fish.
I'm still not sold on LED, although I'm going to try them as an alternative to installing an HRV unit. My MH are causing a lot of moisture in the house :)

my house is always dry the moisture has actually helped. not sure what will happen with the next tank tho. i think you'll be happy with led. im using mh for now and will be saving up to do led on my 50 first from martin. and building my hood in mind for led in future for the 180.. i have a plan grizz inspired...watch me fudge it up lol.

gregzz4
05-01-2012, 05:42 AM
watch me fudge it up lol.
We'll be watching ... like you'll make a mess
You've always had nice builds

lockrookie
05-01-2012, 05:49 AM
We'll be watching ... like you'll make a mess
You've always had nice builds

lol i am only human but enoughbout me this is not my thread lol

anticipating pics of a fish ill never have...

gregzz4
05-01-2012, 06:00 AM
I agree ... sorry 'bout the hijackin'
Brad, where's pics of the new FISH :question:

ashr
05-03-2012, 02:12 AM
pictures!!