PDA

View Full Version : RBTA Queston

NanoReef
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I have a question for you guys. My 120 gallon reef has been up for almost 7 years now. About 8 months ago I bought a Rose bubble tip anemone, and all was great, he had the short little bubbled tentacles for about 3 months, and now for the last 5-6 months it has had long thin tentacles with almost no bubble to them... What am I missing? Is there something in the water that keeps their tips bubbled? Any helP would be great. Thanks

dc4
04-27-2012, 07:07 PM
This topic has been asked many times before but unfortunately there is no concrete proof why some btas keep their bubbles and others lose them. I have had both in my tank and there is no explanation as to why one lost its bubbles and the other still has its bubbles. I have tons of light and feed like mad so most likely your bta is going to stay that way but you can try placing it higher up or feeding it more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Lance
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
This topic has been asked many times before but unfortunately there is no concrete proof why some btas keep their bubbles and others lose them. I have had both in my tank and there is no explanation as to why one lost its bubbles and the other still has its bubbles. I have tons of light and feed like mad so most likely your bta is going to stay that way but you can try placing it higher up or feeding it more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

+1 IMO if your BTA is not moving around it is probably fairly happy where it is.

arash53
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your RBTA nor your tank, as Lance said it moves if it is not happy where it is. mine changing from long to bubble every couple month ,but I found out, it is more bubbly in low current.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
from my experience, its flow based, probaly too much flow in the area it likes.

also vary its diet, siversides, krill, Coral pellets

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r564/blueworldaquatic/d5c6987c.jpg

intarsiabox
04-28-2012, 02:37 AM
My BT is living happily in a rock crevasse with hardly any flow and is always bubbled up. Because of space constraints it doesn't grow very big but to my suprise it actually split and now I have two wedged between rocks.

NanoReef
04-28-2012, 05:11 AM
from my experience, its flow based, probaly too much flow in the area it likes.

also vary its diet, siversides, krill, Coral pellets

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r564/blueworldaquatic/d5c6987c.jpg

See that's what I want mine to look like! Mine picked a pretty high flow area and has long and skinny tentacles and it drives me nuts!