PDA

View Full Version : 5 gallon

t-rex
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I recently acquired another 5 gallon tank and I thought why not make it a lil reefer! I think I have everything I need but I'm going to ask anyway!

Lighting: 3 cool white Cree xpg, 3 royal blue, both seperatly dimmable

A small hob filter with .. I don't have anything to put in it curator and lr sounds good right?

Am I forgetting anything? I still need the lr and chaeto!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

t-rex
04-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm good?

Nano
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Lots of topping off bit nanos are so cool, you don't need much for them :)

badfish!
04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Are you going to use any sort of heater? I've got an ecoexotic eco pico 5 gallon, and all I have for it is the lights, a small filter that sits inside the tank and the heater (and sand and lr of course), but I need to do something with my lights as ecoexotic is having issues with their lights and I cannot get anymore light strips for this tank, and they are not strong enough for corals.

Got any pics yet?

t-rex
04-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Not yet. I don't plan on using a heater the temp in my house never fluctuates. But I may add one in the winter for safety.

t-rex
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Try a DIY Cree setup
Like I said esrleor I'm using 6 ( that's 6 Watts per gallon) over kill I know but they will be dimmed

Reefie
05-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Martin from Modular LED can get you additional strips for the EcoPico LED Arm. I just ordered a 2nd LED Arm with 2 strips 12K White/445nm Blue and 1 strip 445nm Blue. I'll be using the 2 LED Arms to light my daughter's CadLights 4 Gal Starfire Pico. I'm going to try a few SPS frags in there.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/NanoReefie/Pico4.jpg

Are you going to use any sort of heater? I've got an ecoexotic eco pico 5 gallon, and all I have for it is the lights, a small filter that sits inside the tank and the heater (and sand and lr of course), but I need to do something with my lights as ecoexotic is having issues with their lights and I cannot get anymore light strips for this tank, and they are not strong enough for corals.

Got any pics yet?

badfish!
05-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks, I'll give him a try

Bugsy
06-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey Reefie, how do you like that Ecopico Arm?

I have one coming tomorrow for my 3 gal pico. I ordered the 2 extra strips for a total of 3 strips on the one arm. I have been told this will be plenty of light for my corals.

I am currently using the coralife 9" pc fixture from years ago and really wanted to upgrade my lights to LED's.

I hope this new light gives me just as much if not more light than my current pc does and of course without the heat issue.

Reefie
06-10-2012, 07:59 AM
I've got both of them set up and I love them!

I'm going to try a few SPS when we get back from vacation.

Bugsy
06-12-2012, 04:30 AM
My new lights arrived today. I am very pleased with the look of them over the tank and the look of the fixture is very sleek looking. Now I hope the corals are happy and grow like crazy....:mrgreen: