PDA

View Full Version : NWT government sending me to Edmonton for fish

ensquire
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
They call it a medavac, but I am definitely going to pick up a nice large box of fish to bring back. All expenses paid with hotel room and ground transfer.
Hopefully the kidney stones will be finished with after this.

Flash
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
LMAO! awwww I hope you're okay....

Zoaelite
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Good luck on the stones, snag some photos and make sure to stop by Red Coral Edmonton while your there!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
"Any luggage sir?"

"No, just the cooler."

"Cooler?"

"Yes, I'm from the frozen north and it keeps my long-johns chilled the way I like 'em when I go south.":lol::wink:

troni
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM
thats coolish! G/L wiht the stones! post a add on the buy and sell lots of people will help you out. also talk to steve at red coral hes a good guy. when are you coming down?

ensquire
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey thanks everybody, Hopefully I get to leave here tomorrow. The sooner the better.
I have done the cooler return in the luggage trick a few times now. Works great and saves about 80.00 in shipping charges.
Sounds like they are going to go all Star Wars on stones and laser them. so hoping its a small laser LOL

Claudia
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Good luck with that surgery, u will b good in no time :)

BlueWorldAquatic
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
actually I think they use ultrasounds for that now, still have to passs the smaller stones though (ouch)

intarsiabox
04-27-2012, 12:43 AM
actually I think they use ultrasounds for that now, still have to passs the smaller stones though (ouch)

I saw a show on this once. The ultrasound waves blow the stones up into a powder. It looks like a little explosion on the display screen. Still doesn't look like lots of fun though, I drink lots of water in hopes that I don't have to go through this myself. At least if the OP gets some good fish there's a bit of a silver lining!

ensquire
04-27-2012, 01:17 AM

I saw a show on this once. The ultrasound waves blow the stones up into a powder. It looks like a little explosion on the display screen. Still doesn't look like lots of fun though, I drink lots of water in hopes that I don't have to go through this myself. At least if the OP gets some good fish there's a bit of a silver lining!

I wish, Nope they put one under and insert laser and blast them . Ultrasound was old way .

Borderjumper
04-27-2012, 01:20 AM
I wish, Nope they put one under and insert laser and blast them . Ultrasound was old way .

Ewwww I don't like the way that sounds.. "insert laser"? I can only think of a couple places that could happen, and ummmm yeah. At least you get fish:sad:

BlueWorldAquatic
04-27-2012, 01:23 AM
hehehe

no kidding, Mikes gonna be walking a bit funny on the weekend.

ensquire
04-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Ewwww I don't like the way that sounds.. "insert laser"? I can only think of a couple places that could happen, and ummmm yeah. At least you get fish:sad:
Yeah thats were it goes , right up the old urethra, YEAHHH:surprise:
And at least I get FISH

hehehe

no kidding, Mikes gonna be walking a bit funny on the weekend.

LEAST I GET FISH :twised:

intarsiabox
04-27-2012, 01:33 AM

I think I'd be quite grateful for being put under!

ensquire
04-27-2012, 01:51 AM
+223

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zvndiq
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subman
04-27-2012, 02:10 AM
I've had kidney stone surgery 3 times now...........the stones are terrible the surgery not so bad. Except for the one I had just under a local. Worst experience of my LIFE!

I have had a very loooooong list of sports injuries and and the subsequent surgeries to repair them and I can honestly say the kidney stones were the worst by a long way! I don't envy you right now, hopefully you score some killer aquarium filler.

Good luck with everything, if I had any frags worth giving right now I'd make a donation to the 'free the stones fund'

BlueWorldAquatic
04-27-2012, 02:39 AM
LOL

The Grizz
04-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Did someone say new fish!!!!!!

subman
04-27-2012, 02:58 AM
LOL

:twised::twised::twised::twised:

BlueWorldAquatic
04-27-2012, 03:01 AM
:twised::twised::twised::twised:

I know I'm at the age that everything is falling apart now too :cry:

ensquire
04-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Good luck with everything, if I had any frags worth giving right now I'd make a donation to the 'free the stones fund'

"FREE THE STONES"
"FREE THE STONES"
in lieu of flowers all donations can be made in Frags

Did someone say new fish!!!!!!

there will be new fish as well UMMMMM HUMMMMMMM yup
:crazyeye: :painkiller: :hippie:

Pretty good drugs for these stones , they have these days