PDA

View Full Version : You know your chiller is strong when...

Aquattro
04-26-2012, 04:48 AM
So my chiller pump was crapping out, low flow, etc. I picked up a new pump tonight after work, installed it, but no water. Figured the chiller was plugged with crude.
I disconnected it (a big job, it's plumbed outside) and tried to back flush it. Nope, nothing.
On closer inspection, I discovered the entire cartridge that the water flows through was frozen solid. One big block of ice. Crazy!! Had to flush it with hot water for 10 minutes to thaw it out. Now that's a chiller!!! :razz:

Mike-fish
04-26-2012, 04:55 AM
sweet but oops

reefwars
04-26-2012, 05:07 AM
fishsicle pops any one???

lockrookie
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
you may want to check the freon levels or whatever it uses. it maybe that it is low thats what happens when our ac freezes up.

Aquattro
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
you may want to check the freon levels or whatever it uses. it maybe that it is low thats what happens when our ac freezes up.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I think it's just from running full time on static water. The probe is in the tank, so with the flow not working, it was running full time for hours, chilling the water sitting in the chamber.

StirCrazy
04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I'll keep an eye on it, but I think it's just from running full time on static water. The probe is in the tank, so with the flow not working, it was running full time for hours, chilling the water sitting in the chamber.

yup thats why there is a minimum flow requirment. you might want to check your flow to make sure you have enough going through it.

Steve

Aquattro
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
yup thats why there is a minimum flow requirment. you might want to check your flow to make sure you have enough going through it.

Steve

Steve, you didn't read this, did you? :razz:

I had no flow going through it, the pump died. So the water sat in the chamber for hours with the chiller running. Yes, I should have turned off the chiller :)

StirCrazy
04-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Steve, you didn't read this, did you? :razz:

I had no flow going through it, the pump died. So the water sat in the chamber for hours with the chiller running. Yes, I should have turned off the chiller :)

yes I read it, I don't think you read my reply. I also know you just put a new pump on it and you should check the flow through it on the new pump to make sure yoyu have enought flow. or did you just use the same type of pump?

Steve

Aquattro
04-27-2012, 03:12 PM
yes I read it, I don't think you read my reply. I also know you just put a new pump on it and you should check the flow through it on the new pump to make sure yoyu have enought flow. or did you just use the same type of pump?

Steve

I don't think your reading in English. You owe me pizza now. Yes, the new pump is the same flow rate as the old, and working fine. The problem occurred when the old pump was off for the day and the chiller was not. The tank got hotter, told chiller to chill, and everything froze up. Now get down here and buy the pizza. :razz:

StirCrazy
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't think your reading in English. You owe me pizza now. Yes, the new pump is the same flow rate as the old, and working fine. The problem occurred when the old pump was off for the day and the chiller was not. The tank got hotter, told chiller to chill, and everything froze up. Now get down here and buy the pizza. :razz:

ok you pay for the ferry and i'll buy pizza :mrgreen:, better yet.. you come up here for once and I'll buy pizza

Aquattro
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
ok you pay for the ferry and i'll buy pizza :mrgreen:, better yet.. you come up here for once and I'll buy pizza

No, across the board...kamloops sounds yucky

Delphinus
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
What you should do is try running the chiller and seeing what settings work best.

Aquattro
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
What you should do is try running the chiller and seeing what settings work best.

Don't make me come to Calgary!! :razz:

muck
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
bwahahahha. Good one Tony. :lol::lol:

StirCrazy
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM

perfect, Kamloops is on the way and I will buy you pizza while you stop for coffee :wink:

The Grizz
04-28-2012, 12:48 AM

And since you are going to be in Calgary you might as well come visit me so I can help you slide you cheese back on your moldy cracker :twised::razz:

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
perfect, Kamloops is on the way and I will buy you pizza while you stop for coffee :wink:

ok, deal

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
And since you are going to be in Calgary you might as well come visit me so I can help you slide you cheese back on your moldy cracker :twised::razz:

That cost you something, just haven't decided yet :)

The Grizz
04-28-2012, 02:40 AM

Hey come on now you know I was just playin with with ya dude :lol:

The Grizz
04-28-2012, 03:32 AM

Ok I give, I give!! I dont want to be just a "member" :sad: Your the best mod in the history of mods.

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Ok I give, I give!! I dont want to be just a "member" :sad: Your the best mod in the history of mods.

So instead of "member" you want "liar"? lol

The Grizz
04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
So instead of "member" you want "liar"? lol

No that was mean & hurt my feeling :sad: I was trying to be nice.

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 04:13 AM
No that was mean & hurt my feeling :sad: I was trying to be nice.

Best mod in the history of mods?? You know which board you're on, right?? :razz:

Ur just sucking up now -lol

The Grizz
04-28-2012, 04:17 AM
I like it now what about mine^^^^^ :lol:

StirCrazy
04-28-2012, 04:30 AM

heck he has been trying to come up with something for mine for almost 3 years now... don't hold your breath LOL

Steve

gregzz4
04-28-2012, 04:32 AM
I think you should keep that awhile Brad

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 05:03 AM
I like it now what about mine^^^^^ :lol:

I just have to figure out which of my funny cohorts did that. Guessing maybe Ryan? :)

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 05:04 AM
heck he has been trying to come up with something for mine for almost 3 years now... don't hold your breath LOL

Steve

I've got lots for you, just none that are "board appropriate" :razz:

muck
04-28-2012, 05:05 AM
I just have to figure out which of my funny cohorts did that. Guessing maybe Ryan? :)
Wha?!? :lol::lol:

Aquattro
04-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Wha?!? :lol::lol:

Your name is all over that. And you're the only one online

muck
04-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Your name is all over that. And you're the only one online
The force was too strong...couldn't resist the call to the dark side. :twised:

The Grizz
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Still would like my title back :sad: