PDA

View Full Version : FS Calgary(Okotoks): LR and livestock

0sprey
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't have time to look after my 120G system anymore and it's time for a teardown. The plan is to remove the rock first to make the fish easier to catch, but I will list the available livestock here so that people can put holds on specific fish if they like.

Live Rock:
So, the rock. First thing first (and I cannot emphasize this enough) this is NOT high quality live rock. It's old- I've had it for more than five years- and the biodiversity of the rock has fallen in the last year or two. It's also infested with majano and aiptasia. So anyone buying this stuff will have to cook it for at least a month, and more likely two or three months. (Don't know how to cook live rock? (http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/330445/cooking-live-rock)). On the other hand, it's also CHEAP. I'm selling this stuff for $2/lb. So that makes it a bargain for anyone planning ahead.

Fish (I'll try to add some pics):
Yellow Chromis (x4)- these fish don't look showy until they spawn... but when they do, they develop dramatic black vertical stripes. And the males are looking to spawn almost continually, so that's pretty often!
Hippo Tang- This fellow came to me with HLLE. He hasn't gotten any worse, but he will bear scars to the end of his days. He's also a very LARGE specimen, so he isn't likely to survive a trip to north calgary. Be prepared to set up a powerhead while acclimating him- I very nearly lost him to oxygen starvation when I picked him up three years ago. He'll need at least a four foot tank to live in.

Here's the kicker with the fish- they're free. I just want them to go to good homes. Send me a PM if you're interested in the rock or want to put a claim on one of the fish!

Spoken for:
[xnmuller] Blue/Green Chromis (x3)
[Mike]Flame Angel; Ocellaris clowns (x2)

0sprey
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
There should be approx. 50lbs. of rock left after this afternoon's pickup. ;)

0sprey
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
At this point the only fish left unspoken for is Roy, my much loved hippo tang. This is a wacky fish with a great personality; I hope we can find a home for him soon! ;)

0sprey
04-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Bump.

KushBubbles
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Will pick up live stock today
pm'd