PDA

View Full Version : replacemant ballast

Douglas
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm looking for replacement ballasts for my giesemann Infinity 2x250-4x54watt T5's. Came home to one blown light. Checked bulbs, and power supply, and have determined it's one of the ballasts. The problem is, they're both different, and one powers the T5's.....so i may need a set. Any ideas on where i might aquire a set that will be compatible?

Madmak
04-25-2012, 02:52 AM
I have a ballast for the 4 x 54 t5s. You'll need to see which one is toast.

sphelps
04-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Good time for that LED upgrade :wink:

I'm not sure how your fixture is rigged but my Giesemann Infinity had an internal ballast for the T5s and two external ballasts for the halides. Any HQI or electronic ballast will work with the halides, you'll just likely have to splice cords together which is easy enough. The T5s will be tricky as a plug and play ballast will be hard to find except from giesemann. You'll likely have to rewire everything up to the connectors.

Also curious are all the lights out? Seems strange, does the fixture run fuses?

Douglas
04-25-2012, 03:26 AM
The T5's are working, But one of the MH is not. It's worked fine, up untill today. Have checked bulbs, but i think it's one of the external ballest. No fuses have been found. One of the extrenal ballest runs the T5's also. The connectors for the ballest will have to be modified, if i can't find electrionic giesemann replacements ballests. I thought about the LED upgrade, but will try to find replacemant parts first.

lastlight
04-25-2012, 03:31 AM
You might find this thread useful:

http://reefcentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=953202

Is yours a 120V ballast or is there a step-up transformer in there? People used to have problems with the transformers I believe and they started selling these in NA without ballasts and we'd add 120V ones or the retailer would.

RuGlu6
04-25-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm looking for replacement ballasts for my giesemann Infinity 2x250-4x54watt T5's. Came home to one blown light. Checked bulbs, and power supply, and have determined it's one of the ballasts. The problem is, they're both different, and one powers the T5's.....so i may need a set. Any ideas on where i might aquire a set that will be compatible?

http://www.aquatraders.com/category-s/26.htm