PDA

View Full Version : Fragalot Group Buy Lower Mainland Spring 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Snaz
04-23-2012, 10:24 PM
So interested in a Fragalot group buy and live in the lower mainland?

Steps as I see it:
1. Choosing a host. Someone with tank space or a usable quarantine tank able to host the purchases until the buyers have a chance to pickup their frags. I would hope everyone could pickup their frags within five days of them landing at our host. Host would need to be central and preferably south of the Fraser. Preferably host is a canreef regular so we can all feel good about trusting him/her with our purchases

2. Payment. I am thinking PayPal has some group options we can take advantage of. Should be easy. Payment coordinator does not have to be the frag host but it might make things easier.

3. Communicating with Fragalot. I remember one group buy where communication was poor and timing was unlucky because the seller had some serious personal issues at the time. This caused some aggravation and stress all around and I am hoping to avoid that. I am hoping Burc or whoever coordinates our order will post here and keep us all in the loop.

DO NOT MAKE FRAGALOT PURCHASES AND SAY TO THE SELLER THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE CANREEF GROUP BUY AT THIS TIME. I think this was the root of some of the confusion on that other group buy. If you want something from Fragalot NOW then go ahead and make the purchase and ship to yourself.

Once we sort out the details of the group buy we will communicate as a team to the seller and life will be good. If you do not understand this last point speak up now.

Discuss please.

http://www.fragalot.ca/

Coasting
04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
I may be interested in joining in, I see a few things on his site I may be interested.
Would probably feel more comfortable getting somebody else whos getting more to order for me and I pay them. Ive never done any type of online ordering haha.

Ginu
04-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I will jump for some frags as well.

BitShifter
04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
I have some credit i'd like to use up, so I'd be interested in getting in on a group buy.

ScubaSteve
04-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm in. I don't mind coordinating with him either. I can receive the shipment and hold things provided that most people pick up their stuff within a day or two as my tank isn't huge.

Some recommendations:
1) Let's set a final date that this goes through so we're not waiting forever for people to figure their stuff out.
2) Pick ups have to happen that day unless you make arrangements with the receiver to hold your shipment as they'll have to take them out of the bags and acclimate them to their tank rather than just floating the bags.
3) By a certain date, have everyone submit their orders to a coordinator who will check the availability of items as his site isn't always up to date. Coordinator will inform those who may be affected by availability. When he gets bombarded by emails is when mistakes start to happen.
4) Let's make a list of who's in.

New frags baby!

Kryos
04-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Is there a minimum we need to reach? about how much would we save? do we just save on shipping? There are a few frags I'm interested in, but depends on how much I save/spend.

Flash
04-24-2012, 12:03 AM
$300 is the min...and you have to add tax on paypal payments... but email money transfers are tax free! with my group orders, i just tell everyone what they owe after it's confirmed in stock and they pay on their own!

Paigee
04-24-2012, 12:45 AM
I might be interested! I'll keep checking in for more details!

Snaz
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
$300 gets us free shipping which saves everyone $45 so there is your savings. We should keep this as simple as possible perhaps if we pay individually as per Flash's group buys.

I am fine with ScubaSteve hosting the frags and coordinating the sale. Anyone object to Steve's 1 day pick up rule?

Dates. We should hard set some dates.

Ship date. The date everything ships and expect order to arrive at host next day.

Cut-off date/time. Last chance to order and be included in this group buy. This is needed for Burc for obvious reasons.

Inventory date. A firm date with accurate inventory list from Burc. This is when we begin to order our purchases, first come first serve.

Discuss please.

Reef-Geek
04-24-2012, 01:37 AM
I am in if it happens within 2 weeks, I'll spend minimum 60 dollars.

msjboy
04-24-2012, 02:06 AM
I am also interested but only for $30 -$40 bucks. ( 3 or 4 corals )
Also to make order easy, we shouldhave alternative corals in case he is out.

Regards
Msjboy

Snaz
04-24-2012, 02:46 AM
I am also interested but only for $30 -$40 bucks. ( 3 or 4 corals )
Also to make order easy, we shouldhave alternative corals in case he is out.

Regards
Msjboy

Yes this sounds like a good idea. I am hoping to get a complete stock list from him at the time we order though.

Flash
04-24-2012, 03:20 AM
yup compile a list of frags then at cut off, send it to burc and have him check stock!!!

Ginu
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Ill also do 50-100$ worth, haven't decided have to see what I like and the available stock.

ScubaSteve
04-24-2012, 04:04 AM
I'll probably be $50 - $100

Kryos
04-24-2012, 04:04 AM
I'll probably be $50 - $100
Me too...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-24-2012, 04:31 AM
There's a couple of frags I'm interested in. The best thing to do is contact the vendor directly through email or text to make sure what is available at what price. Then each person in the gb paypals the vendor directly and when everyone in the order has paid, then the shipment date can be finalized.

The last couple of gbs from this vendor I've participated in have gone very well, btw.

I'm in for at least $70, maybe $100+.

If desired, I am willing to receive the shipment since I'm home most of the time (work at home). But everyone needs to pick up that day unless pre-arranged. I have a 90g wide sump to float all the bags in, as well as other tanks.

arash53
04-24-2012, 05:00 AM
I am in for about 50$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ScubaSteve
04-24-2012, 05:00 AM
If desired, I am willing to receive the shipment since I'm home most of the time (work at home). But everyone needs to pick up that day unless pre-arranged. I have a 90g wide sump to float all the bags in, as well as other tanks.

Ya know what, Fish God, I think you're better set up for that than I am :razz:

PurpleMonkey
04-24-2012, 05:24 AM
I should be in for about 50

Snaz
04-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Ok SeaHorse Fanatic sounds like you have the know how and tank space. interested in organizing us? I'm in for about $30. Thanks.
Keith.

Aquaria
04-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Im in for 20-30 and it looks like we have our 300 if everyone who posted is in. First time for buying online or grp, so do I just see what i want n email him my self or pm the host?

d-bo
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
In for atleast 30$

BitShifter
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
I have $20 credit, and be in for another $20

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Well first we have to set up a cut off date so we know when we each have to get our orders in and paid for.

I suggest Friday May 4th and we'll get the vendor to ship the following Monday or Tuesday (May 7-8th).

Aquaria
04-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Big Alberta grp buy going on hope they don't steal all the good stuff lol maybe we should sneak our order in before em :p

Ginu
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Welp I got a list worth 100 so I'm ready.

Bblinks
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
tagging along, might be interested also.

Snaz
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't know if we can get this together before AB and that would be a crummy move on our part if we did.

Perhaps we should wait a few weeks until after AB so Burc has a chance to restock and refrag.

Aquaria
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know if we can get this together before AB and that would be a crummy move on our part if we did.

Perhaps we should wait a few weeks until after AB so Burc has a chance to restock and refrag.

I was joking lol and waiting a few weeks will suck for me as all i want is rics and he just got a ric shipment in

htfn
04-25-2012, 02:39 AM
I might be interested in this group order if it's not too late.

Coasting
04-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Haha If we got it in by Friday the 27th we would beat out those albertans :P I think everyone whos in already knows what they want for the most part so why not get the ball rolling?

Aquaria
04-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Haha If we got it in by Friday the 27th we would beat out those albertans :P I think everyone whos in already knows what they want for the most part so why not get the ball rolling?

lol they have there order in already I think there just finalizing burc's stock. may 4th is prob the best idea since albertas order should be shipped by then. Sounded a lot less crummy when I said it lol. man id be ****ed if someone did that to us :p

Snaz
04-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Alright then May 4th it is. I will setup a public spreadsheet where we can keep track of what we want. Look for it shortly. After cut off we will submit the list to Burc and he can advise if he has stock to cover. Might be prudent to include 2nd choices if your first choice is not available.

Seahorse will receive the shipment and hold for one day.

Payments are to be made between each of you to fraglot directly.

Aquaria
04-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Alright then May 4th it is. I will setup a public spreadsheet where we can keep track of what we want. Look for it shortly. After cut off we will submit the list to Burc and he can advise if he has stock to cover. Might be prudent to include 2nd choices if your first choice is not available.

Seahorse will receive the shipment and hold for one day.

Payments are to be made between each of you to fraglot directly.

I'll call burc on Friday and ask him to update his site this coming weekend so we have a better idea what he has going into next weeks cutoff

msjboy
04-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Should we give the frags a week or 2 to heal especially sps before burc sends it off...or should they be ok with no or little time for healing.... Also, if any freebies, it goes to the 2 organizers like snaz, seahorsefantic....
Regs
Msjboy

Snaz
04-25-2012, 05:36 AM
Ok I have posted the spreadsheet. http://bit.ly/IhNJvJ Currently it is public to view but only I can edit it.
Submit your frag requests to me here via canreef Private Message ONLY. Frag requests are time stamped and will be entered into the spreadsheet as such so first come first serve.

I will ignore frag purchase requests made in this thread or anywhere else. Canreef Private Message to Snaz is the only acceptable way. I have cleared my messages so nothing will bounce.

If you do not see your frag request in the spreadsheet within twelve hours(i'll try to update soonest) then leave a message in this thread saying "Snaz what is up with my request?" or some such.

If you message me with lots of changes and generally **** me off I will hold it against you.

I like the idea of allowing the frags to heal for a couple of weeks but I think others are anxious to get moving. Remember this is a GROUP BUY so we have to be united... If you don't like how things are progressing then buy your frags as an individual and do not participate in this group buy.

Make sure you are allowed/can afford your purchases. Ask your wife/hubby, check your accounts whatever... Don't say you will buy something and then cop out as that causes everyone headaches.

Discuss and you may begin to send me frag requests via Canreef Private Message ONLY. Include your real first name, full frag name as it appears on fragalot website, quantity, price per frag and sum of your frags, 2nd choice if any and phone number is optional.

Any credits you may have with Burc are between you and him. Do not adjust your price for the spreadsheet with any credits.

http://bit.ly/IhNJvJ

Snaz
04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Currently at $380 so that gets us free shipping.
http://bit.ly/IhNJvJ

Snaz
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Burc has seen our growing list of frags and has started to put some aside for us. He does note that he no longer has stock of Purple Octo and Green Galaxia but he might be getting more on Friday and he will let us know asap.

If your have Purple Octo or Green Galaxia on your buy list please send me a private canreef message indicating clearly a 2nd choice frag. If you do not message me with a replacement I will assume you do not want a replacement if he does not have your first choice.

Payment: Stay tuned.

tripsandfalls
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
PM'd. In for about 50 bucks.

Lovin' this initiative.

Snaz
04-26-2012, 01:04 AM
PAYMENT INFO
I spoke with Burke today regarding payment. I was concerned that when I go to place my order I am forced to pay the $45 shipping fee. I advised a coupon that we could redeem at checkout for $45 would solve this but he does NOT currently have a way of setting this up. He will look into it but it is not likely it will be ready for us. So what does that mean for us? It means we have to pay the $45 shipping fee and then IMMEDIATELY send him an email asking for that $45 refund. If paid by Interact, Credit Card or PayPal the refund will be credited back as a normal refund, not a store credit.

Payment Instructions:
1. Place your order on Fragalot website and pay the $45.00 shipping fee.
2. Immediately send Burc an email (bucak@sympatico.ca) and ask for the $45 shipping refund. You MUST mention May Vancouver Frag Group Buy AND include your payment confirmation and/or order number. It would be wise to include a description of your purchases so he can match your order correctly.
So in your email include:
- Indicate this is part of the May Vancouver Frag Group Buy
- Indicate your payment confirmation or order number.
- A description of the frags you purchased.

We are currently at $550 and 50+ frags. Thanks.
Keith

Snaz
04-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Burc has advised we could also just send a paypal payment directly to his email address. You must manually include the tax but will not get charged the $45 shipping fee. It's up to you.
Keith.

PAYMENT INFO
I spoke with Burke today regarding payment. I was concerned that when I go to place my order I am forced to pay the $45 shipping fee. I advised a coupon that we could redeem at checkout for $45 would solve this but he does NOT currently have a way of setting this up. He will look into it but it is not likely it will be ready for us. So what does that mean for us? It means we have to pay the $45 shipping fee and then IMMEDIATELY send him an email asking for that $45 refund. If paid by Interact, Credit Card or PayPal the refund will be credited back as a normal refund, not a store credit.

Payment Instructions:
1. Place your order on Fragalot website and pay the $45.00 shipping fee.
2. Immediately send Burc an email (bucak@sympatico.ca) and ask for the $45 shipping refund. You MUST mention May Vancouver Frag Group Buy AND include your payment confirmation and/or order number. It would be wise to include a description of your purchases so he can match your order correctly.
So in your email include:
- Indicate this is part of the May Vancouver Frag Group Buy
- Indicate your payment confirmation or order number.
- A description of the frags you purchased.

We are currently at $550 and 50+ frags. Thanks.
Keith

Kryos
04-26-2012, 02:46 AM
When's the deadline that payment has to be made? I'm not sure whether the purple octo will be in stock and he won't know til Friday and I'd rather not pay for it only to get it as credit later.

Aquaria
04-26-2012, 02:49 AM
When's the deadline that payment has to be made? I'm not sure whether the purple octo will be in stock and he won't know til Friday and I'd rather not pay for it only to get it as credit later.

I believe its May 4 shipped May 7-8

Snaz
04-26-2012, 03:05 AM
I believe its May 4 shipped May 7-8
Yes this is correct. May 4th is last day to pay

Ginu
04-26-2012, 05:10 AM
I will wait until Friday to see if the green galaxia comes in and then I will pay.

Cheers,

Kryos
04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
I will wait until Friday to see if the green galaxia comes in and then I will pay.

Cheers,

that goes double for me

Paigee
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Are we able to confirm what day the order will be received? I will have to book the day off work to ensure that I can go pick up my order.

Snaz
04-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Are we able to confirm what day the order will be received? I will have to book the day off work to ensure that I can go pick up my order.

Good question. Any preferences?

Flash
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
wow you guys totally complicated the order/payment process! lol

Snaz
04-26-2012, 11:21 PM
wow you guys totally complicated the order/payment process! lol

How so? It couldn't be more simple. Everyone orders and pays for their own coral and saves on shipping. No worries trying to catch dudes who can't pay in time or some poor sap stuck with a huge bill.

You don't pay and your coral does not ship. Easy peasy.

Paigee
04-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't have any oreferance, just need to know as soon as possible so I can have the day to get my frags then stare at them :D

ScubaSteve
04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Yo Snaz homie, you'll give us the OK to start send Burc money, ya?

Kryos
04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
So the coral will ship to each of us? wasn't it there going to be one person that will hold all the frags for us to pick up?... actually, I'd prefer to receive the frags myself then to go pick them up.

Ginu
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
So the coral will ship to each of us? wasn't it there going to be one person that will hold all the frags for us to pick up?... actually, I'd prefer to receive the frags myself then to go pick them up.

No the order will ship to sea horse fanatic and everyone has about a day to pick up their order from him once it arrives; obviously the sooner the better since youndobtbwantbany corals to die.
Basically everyone pays individually for their corals, but will be shipped to one address.

Snaz
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Seahorse what day do you want to receive this order?

Yes go ahead and pay anytime before the 4th. Message me when you have payment confirmation.

ScubaSteve
04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Whoa, OK I'm getting confused here. Before I start emailing Burc money and such let's clear this up.

1) Place order through website
2) Paypal Burc moneys including tax

Correct?

Are you checking stock for us (as per the point of making that spreadsheet) or are we basically all just doing separate orders that are being shipped together? Normally when we do this we just simplify: one person handles placing the order and sending the payment. Everyone sends that one person their money before they pay Burc. This way Burc only has to deal with one order rather than a whole bunch and no mistakes are made.

Snaz
04-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Whoa, OK I'm getting confused here. Before I start emailing Burc money and such let's clear this up.

1) Place order through website
2) Paypal Burc moneys including tax

Correct?

Are you checking stock for us (as per the point of making that spreadsheet) or are we basically all just doing separate orders that are being shipped together? Normally when we do this we just simplify: one person handles placing the order and sending the payment. Everyone sends that one person their money before they pay Burc. This way Burc only has to deal with one order rather than a whole bunch and no mistakes are made.

The purpose of the Spread Sheet was so Burc could see our purchases and begin to frag/put things aside for us. He already commented on the Purple Octo and Green Galaxia(see previous comment) so we know he is checking it. The Spread sheet is also helpful for Seahorse so he knows which frags are for whom. I think it is serving it's purpose.

I will outline the THREE ways you can pay for your purchases.

1. Go to website, use the cart and make your payment with PayPal cart. You will be charged $45 shipping which you then email Burc(bucak@sympatico.ca) asking for $45 credit to your PayPal account. See instructions in this thread.

2. Go to website, use the cart and make your payment with Credit Card. You will be charged $45 shipping which you then email Burc(bucak@sympatico.ca) asking for $45 credit to your Credit Card. See instructions in this thread.

3. Skip the cart, logon onto PayPal.com directly and then use the tab "Send Money" tab and send your total payment + TAX to (bucak@sympatico.ca). Send an email to Burc(bucak@sympatico.ca) with your PayPal transaction ID outlining your purchase. You will not be charged $45.00

REGARDLESS of how you pay make sure you indicate this is the Vancouver Group Buy and then your order will be shipped to Seahorse where you can arrange pickup. Date to be determined shortly.

pinhead
04-27-2012, 01:21 AM
since youndobtbwantbany corals to die. ?????? Sticky keyboard?

Snaz
04-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Burc has replied that Blue Ring Zoa and Lady in Pink Paly are sold out. If these are on your list let me know if you want them removed from your order or you want a 2nd frag choice. Thanks

Ginu
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Sticky keyboard?

Even worse, iPhone...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Regarding taxes, how many percent do we add? He's in ON.

Snaz
04-27-2012, 04:06 AM
I just got his reply... 5% tax I think this is how I will make my payment.

msjboy
04-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Hst is a national tax and any province has to collect it... So, plz, make sure with burc... I am sure he has done orders with provinces which use hst in past.

One more thing, with already 75 pieces of coral, anthonys holding tank has the space or should we do a split order or location...or someone can do a loaner tank. Also, should one dip his corals for potential,pests.?

Msjboy

muck
04-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Just curious but where does 5% come from? Paypal fees are only 2.9% are they not?
I'd guess maybe GST but then he would be charging it for EMT too right? :confused:

Reef-Geek
04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
do we have a final date yet? I just emailed and Burc said he has all the red acans in stock.

Snaz
04-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Just curious but where does 5% come from? Paypal fees are only 2.9% are they not?
I'd guess maybe GST but then he would be charging it for EMT too right? :confused:

I don't know how he calculates 5%. That is between him and the taxman.

Seahorse has indicated to me that he will use coolers to keep the bags warm if he runs out of tank space. If we all pickup sameday then I don't foresee a problem but if someone else wants to receive some frags we do qualify for at least one more free shipment as I see it.

Snaz
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
do we have a final date yet? I just emailed and Burc said he has all the red acans in stock.

It is not final yet but it looks like we will ship Monday the 7th to arrive at Seahorse's house before noon on Tuesday the 8th. Not final yet, should know tomorrow.

reefwars
04-27-2012, 06:08 AM
when you guys get the order do what we do and put them in the bath tub lots of room there works for me:)

muck
04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
I don't know how he calculates 5%. That is between him and the taxman.
Good point.. :wink:

gregzz4
04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Hey guys, I have lots of room in my empty sump right now. I'm sure I could hold at least 8-10 full-sized fish-sized bags.
Let me know if I should fill my sump and heat it up in case Anthony can't hold all the order. I'm only 10 mins from Anthony and he knows me.

Plus I have another 2 x 20g tanks that could be filled and warmed up on controllers :razz:

I have no problem holding things for you all as long as they don't require un-bagging

Let me know
Anthony has my phone #

Aquaria
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I can't use pqypal will he be taking EMTs still?

Snaz
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM

I am not sure and unfamiliar with how this works. If you are interested in this payment form could you contact him and ask? Thank you.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I also have an empty 65g and empty 20g long if necessary. But the bathtub is a good idea. May go with that.

reefwars
04-27-2012, 04:25 PM
one thing you guys may know wor not know about is if you pay by e mail money transfer you pay no taxes so your total would be what ever your order comes to.

ive never used paypal so im not sure if theres any diff or not figured id mention it though:)

good luck fullers!!:)

tripsandfalls
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Delivery on Tuesday the 8th works well for me. Hopefully that's what we can go with.

Just throwing it out there...

Flash
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM

yes he takes emt to the same e-mail address that he uses for pay pal!

Snaz
04-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok we are go for Shipment on the 7th to arrive at Seahorse_Fanatic house on the 8th before noon. Last chance to order is May 4th 9pm PST.

Burc is getting a shipment tonight and promises a list and pictures tomorrow so we might get those pieces that are sold out. Stay tuned.

EMT is to his regular address bucak@sympatico.ca He says you must use answer "vancouver" if you do EMT. No Taxes.

Kryos
04-29-2012, 03:38 AM
So any news from Burc whether those frags that were out of stock come in or not?

Snaz
04-29-2012, 05:25 AM
So any news from Burc whether those frags that were out of stock come in or not?

No word yet. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Coasting
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Will be paying Burc today. Still contemplating adding more to mine....

How will pick up work? Will we all set up times with Anthony? Or will he set aside certain hours for people to just show up?

Snaz
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Anthony can you detail how and when you want us to arrive for pickup?
Will be paying Burc today. Still contemplating adding more to mine....

How will pick up work? Will we all set up times with Anthony? Or will he set aside certain hours for people to just show up?

Kryos
05-02-2012, 01:04 AM
No word yet. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Sill no word?

Snaz
05-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Sill no word?

I did hear from Burc today and he advised the new stock would be available to us and that he would be emailing me pictures. Nothing received yet.

I also asked he check the spread sheet and advise what is missing, he said he would but nothing yet.

Keith.

Snaz
05-02-2012, 05:10 AM
I did hear from Burc today and he advised the new stock would be available to us and that he would be emailing me pictures. Nothing received yet.

I also asked he check the spread sheet and advise what is missing, he said he would but nothing yet.

Keith.

Ok heard from Burc. He is not preparing pictures for us for the new stock but he says his website is accurate and we can pick and choose from there.

Items in RED previously marked "PROBABLY SOLD OUT" are certainly sold out. So if you have purple octo, green Galaxia, Lady in Pink Paly or Blue Ring Zoa in your list now is your notice it WILL NOT SHIP.

Aquaria
05-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Iv sent payment ..... Is it the 8th yet??????

Paigee
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Iv sent payment ..... Is it the 8th yet??????

+1 :)

Coasting
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Nevermind the 8th, when are we doing another order? I know I will want more LOL.

Aquaria
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Nevermind the 8th, when are we doing another order? I know I will want more LOL.

Gawd, let's get our corals before we worry about another order :p :mrgreen:

Snaz
05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
These details are all in previous entries here but I will summarize.
Last chance to order or make changes is May4th 9pm pst.
Please pay for your order ASAP.
ORDER SHIPS ON THE 7TH TO ARRIVE ON THE 8TH BEFORE NOON AT SEAHORSE_FANATIC.

Ginu
05-03-2012, 09:36 PM
I've sent payment for my order of 105$ + 12.60$ tax = 117.60$ and asked for the 45$ back.

Cheers,

tripsandfalls
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I've also sent payment (via EMT)...

Snaz
05-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Let me know once you have paid and I will update the spreadsheet. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2UqaPOb2OqdFZVVWdvdHFHQU8xLWs5RFMwZmlja 0E#gid=0

BitShifter
05-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Sent payment by EMT (Interac).

Aquaria
05-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Iv sent payment ..... Is it the 8th yet??????!!

burgerchow
05-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Just wondering how big this order has grown to. Maybe Burc could send you guys some free frags. It's probably over $1000 order by now. ( I ordered over $200 myself)

Snaz
05-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Just wondering how big this order has grown to. Maybe Burc could send you guys some free frags. It's probably over $1000 order by now. ( I ordered over $200 myself)

Burgerchow I do not have you as participating in this group buy. Have you sent me a PM with your purchases? Everything can be seen here including the total ordered:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2UqaPOb2OqdFZVVWdvdHFHQU8xLWs5RFMwZmlja 0E&pli=1

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Snaz,

I sent you Burger's order.

Anthony

Reef-Geek
05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
sorry I am a little late, can I still order now?
how to do the order?
how to make the payment? to what account? how much taxes?
thanks

htfn
05-04-2012, 04:06 AM
PMed to Snaz
I just made a payment to Burc few minites ago

Snaz
05-04-2012, 04:28 AM
sorry I am a little late, can I still order now?
how to do the order?
how to make the payment? to what account? how much taxes?
thanks

You can enter until tomorrow 9pm. Read the thread from the begging for instructions. Thanks.
Keith

Coasting
05-05-2012, 05:30 AM
So I guess all the orders should be in! When is tuesday coming?!

PICK UP TUESDAY QUESTION?

I work Tuesday afternoon/night and would not be able to pick the Corals up until around 9:30pm. What times is Anthony going to allow pick up until? If Anthony wont be around/family is asleep, is there somebody else in burnaby, coquitlam, or poco that can pick my frags up for me whos maybe staying up a little later, and will allow me to pick them up on the way home from work that night?

Or maybe somebody who is picking their coral in the evening, and will take Marine way home, could drop mine off with me at work? I would just feel bad for them sitting in a cooler bag for 8 hours (if they manage to arrive before I head to work), I do have heat disks that hold their heat for 6-8 hours but I feel the coral are better off floating in a more constant temperature as long as possible... What do you guys think.

I dont want to harm the coral by leaving them in unconsistant temps, but I also dont want to bug anthony at 9:30 at night if his daughter or anyone else is asleep.

Snaz
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks all for participating. We finished at $1300 which is a very nice order of amazing frags. The next step is shipping which I will outline now.

SHIPPING.
- Our order leaves Guelph on Monday the 7th to arrive at Anthony/Seahorse_Fanatic's on Tuesday the 8th before noon. Anthony will be home all day to receive our order and to receive us to pickup the frags.

- Anthony will announce in this thread on the 8th when the soggy boxes have arrived and he will then contact everyone who participated via PM and/or phone call with his address.

- YOU MUST pickup your purchases from Anthony on Tuesday. The frags will not last long and Anthony only has room to float the bags to keep them warm. Essentially they are still in transit until you open them up at home so please be PROMPT to pickup on Tuesday the 8th.

- Pictures are great to show off what you got but they are a MUST if you have a claim with Burc. See his website for return details.

Show off those frags!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Nobody in my house sleeps before 12 midnight. So if its 10:30pm when you can make it, then that's ok with me. Just let me know.

Paigee
05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Weeee so excited :mrgreen:

Snaz
05-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Burc confirmed all is well and has promised us tracking numbers for those that want real-time updates.

Rogue951
05-06-2012, 02:16 AM
is it tuesday yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Aquaria
05-06-2012, 02:28 AM
is it tuesday yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know right!!!!

PurpleMonkey
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
One more sleep...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Coasting
05-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Nobody in my house sleeps before 12 midnight. So if its 10:30pm when you can make it, then that's ok with me. Just let me know.

I get off at 9pm tuesday night and will head up there right after work! So should be there before 9:30 :)

Aquaria
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I can be there when it arrives lol

Snaz
05-08-2012, 03:38 AM
FedEx tracking number is 798366746685.
Giggity!

Coasting
05-08-2012, 03:53 AM
I wonder how many boxes there will be.....

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
FedEx app says 1-30 lbs box

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Talked to Fedex & they said delivery starts at 9am so I will be up and waiting by 9am. It's supposed to be here before noon. Just so there's no missed delivery or "ring and run", I will have a note for FEDEX on my door and the door will be partly opened with me sitting impatiently on the sofa. Borrowed some DVDs to help pass the time so gonna watch Underworld Awakening & Cowboys and Aliens:biggrin:

After the corals arrive and are put away, I may be working in my garden so if nobody answers the door when you arrive, come around back.

I will try to call, text &/or pm everyone when the corals get here.

Anthony

Rogue951
05-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Can u post or pm me your address again?? I can't remember exactly where u live and don't remember if its burried in this thread somewhere.

Work is gonna pass so slowly tomorrow....

Paigee
05-08-2012, 07:59 AM
So stoked!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Been up and impatiently waiting since 7:30. For those who know me, I am more likely to be going to bed at 7:30 than waking up that early.:redface:

Note is on door. Door is slightly open. Curtains are drawn. Hopefully the Fedex truck gets here soon.

STANKYfish
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Good Luck everyone.

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Fedex app says its still at local burnaby Fedex facility BTW pm me ur address Anthony ill be there shortly after it arrives

Coasting
05-08-2012, 04:13 PM
If it comes early enough I can try and pick it up before work, I had intended to hit JL this morning..... Otherwise I have to wait until 9pm :(

burgerchow
05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Seahorse, we might as well have a frag swap at your house tonight.
LOL

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
On to movie number two. Still waiting.

Snaz
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
It is on the truck and headed your way Anthony!

May 8, 2012 9:06 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
BURNABY, BC

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
As of 906 it was on the truck for delivery

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
It is on the truck and headed your way Anthony!

May 8, 2012 9:06 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
BURNABY, BC

Beat me to it .... Prob should if reloaded the page first lol but I was excited hwhaha bunch of grown men acting like kids on Christmas

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
IT's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unpacking and loading into my sump now.

Snaz
05-08-2012, 05:22 PM
IT's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unpacking and loading into my sump now.

Oh joy!

Paigee
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
On my way :)

Coasting
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Ooo, it came early! Im heading over to Anthonys then JL :D:D

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Omw

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Text message sent to everyone on the list.

Come and get them.

Rogue951
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
lol your txt sounds like a drug deal going down.
I can't get there for 6 more hours! grrrr

Snaz
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Seahorse see my PM please. I cannot receive txts and do not know where you live. Thanks.
Keith

msjboy
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
...canyoupost a group shot....er, of the bags of corals that is. How many boxes was the order. Coming over soon

Best regards
Msjboy
Kenny

Snaz
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Anthony must be busy. Someone PM me his address please so I can leave Cloverdale. Thanks!
Keith

Ginu
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Well I cant be there until later today, however I'd like to see a pic of all the bags lol....

Can't wait (guess I wont be sleeping tonight)

Coasting
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Corals are happily sitting in the icecream bucket getting acclimatized.

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Ya mine r almost done ill post pics later tonight once they open up a bit

Paigee
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
My corals are all in, everything looks good! The acro's water smelled like death but it looks alright, starting to colour up a bit. Palys are super ****ed though!

Pics soooon.

For those wondering, it all came in one box, then everyone's orders were but in big bags with their names on it with the smaller bags all inside. Well organised.

Snaz
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Mine are in. Closed but ok. Waiting for things to flesh up.

Coasting
05-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Best I can do for now. Huge difference between in the bag and in the tank.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/zFragalotCoralsMay015.jpg

Their obviously still alive, the mouth thinger (or whatever it is) on the torch is opening and sending its little arms out.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/zFragalotCoralsMay011.jpg

Will try for more pictures tonight to see how well they opened.

Kryos
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Here's mine....
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/Fragalot/Acans.jpg

Not quite satisfied with how the Neon Rainbows turned out, but oh well...

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/Fragalot/DragonSoul.jpg

ug.mac
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Here's mine....

Not quite satisfied with how the Neon Rainbows turned out, but oh well...

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/Fragalot/DragonSoul.jpg

They look pretty good to me, let me know if you want to sell them. :mrgreen:

ug

Kryos
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
They look pretty good to me, let me know if you want to sell them. :mrgreen:

ug

http://fragalot.ca/images/images/lps/large/lps16.jpg

I expected the rims to be teal as well, but they're more green.

I never said anything about not wanting to keep them. =P

*Edit: I'd like a good pic of those Hulk Acans please, as I have something similar and didn't order it and want to confirm if it's the same or not.

Here's what mine look like:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/Kryos453/Apr2012/WP_000171.jpg

RuGlu6
05-08-2012, 09:27 PM
so, did anyone pay via email money transfer to save on tax? can you please confirm
thx

arash53
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Here's mine....

The right one is really pretty ,what was its name on fraglot ?

Kryos
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
The 1th picture right one is really pretty ,what was its name on fraglot ?

The ones on the right are called "Neon Rainbow Acans" $25 on Fragalot

Coasting
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
so, did anyone pay via email money transfer to save on tax? can you please confirm
thx

Yup did a EMT to Burc. I dont know how to use paypal, so it's all I could do.

Will see how the Hulk acans look later after work and update with a pic.

arash53
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
The ones on the right are called "Neon Rainbow Acans" $25 on Fragalot

WOW ,its completely different from what you ordered,it must be a mistake! but looks nice

Aquaria
05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd379/Tyler_McInroy/IMAG0097.jpg
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd379/Tyler_McInroy/IMAG0098.jpg
Mines looking better pics suck but Meh ill repost tonight colors are off but its only been a couple hours

NU-2reef
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Some nice pieces you all got. I may have to join in on the next one.

Did anyone get any sps?

Snaz
05-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Here are my pieces. Excuse the cellphone pics.
Red Aussie Acan, Aussie Maze and Water Melon Zoas

http://snaz.com/marine/red_aussie_acan.jpg

http://snaz.com/marine/water_melon_zoa.jpg

http://snaz.com/marine/aussie_maze.jpg

Very pleased and thank you all that participated and thank you very much Burc and fragalot.ca !!

Rogue951
05-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Just picked mine up from PurpleMonkey (who got it from Anthony)
pretty disappointed.
Ordered:

1 x 1" Aussie Pocillopora
1 x 1" Raspberry Millepora
1 x 1" red planet

Will post pics in a bit but:

A) I only received 2 of the 3, right now I'm suspecting it's the red planet. Considering I confirmed with him when I paid I'm really annoyed it's not there.
B) The other 2 don't have the skeletal structure of what they should be and they're plain dirt brown in color. Neither has the close grained structure of a Millipora. Both look like some kind of acro.

Granted it's in a tray drip acclaimating. and I hope I'm wrong about not looking right.
I'll post some pics in a bit.

If anyone did happen to get my red planet please let me know via PM ASAP.

Rogue951
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0122.jpg
One on the left MAY be the Aussie Poccilopora... but again doesn't look like my purple pocci skeleton wise, or frag a lots own picture.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0121.jpg
Red Planet or Raspberry Millepora?
again to me doesn't look like a mille.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/fragalot/IMG_0120.jpg

Anyone else have an opinion for me?

freezetyle
05-09-2012, 01:00 AM
One on the left MAY be the Aussie Poccilopora... but again doesn't look like my purple pocci skeleton wise, or frag a lots own picture.

Anyone else have an opinion for me?

I would e-mail him the pictures you posted here and ask him WTF. None of those pieces look like a poci/ red planet/ milli.

Rogue951
05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Just needed someone else to back my eyes up.
email sent.
=(

NU-2reef
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I agree none of those look like what you ordered. Sorry to say :/

But on the bright side the first pic looks like it could have potential

Aquaria
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I agree they all look like acros

Rogue951
05-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Got a reply already.
It's someone elses order from another group buy.
Thanks for the eyes guys.

Aquaria
05-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Hey Paigee can u post a pic of ur Rics? Mainly the multicolor 1 curious cuz mines really colorless i assumed it was cuz of shipping but wanted to double check

ScubaSteve
05-09-2012, 02:58 AM
I got SPS. One of them shmancy Red Rainbow Acros. Too bad it arrived as a bare skeleton. LOL. S@$* happens. Emailed Burc and he's going to make good on it in the next order. First time I've had an SPS die on me from him.

Also seems he messed up one of my frags. Was supposed to get a red/yellow favia, got a red and green favites or something. If you were supposed to get a red green favites, I have it.

PurpleMonkey
05-09-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm going to give the acans a day to recover before I submitted my judgement...

ScubaSteve
05-09-2012, 03:08 AM
What I've found in the past with Burc's orders is that a bunch of things lose color from shipping (especially reds) but bounce within a week or two. I've never had a frag from him that I've been unhappy with, even if it was the wrong one! :razz:

Paigee
05-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Sorry to hear some people's orders didn't work out :( I'm not sure if I got the acans I ordered, but they are all healthy.

Aquaria, my rics both look good. Heres a pic
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/peike424/a3f6edd0.jpg

msjboy
05-09-2012, 03:37 AM
My 3 acans look good but 2 of them look almost identical...guess one can go wrong with just $10 for an acan.
Msjboy

Coasting
05-09-2012, 04:20 AM
None of my acans look like the acans everyone else is posting :(

They look so plump and nice and colourful and big (and this just sounds wrong).... and mine are like scragly froot loops!

Seems I got the wrong torch corals as well.... Did anyone else order Torch?
Ordered green and purple tip torch, got a yellow tip (ugly brown with bright tips) and some type of Frogspawn/octo thinger.

Coasting
05-09-2012, 04:26 AM
None of my acans look like the acans everyone else is posting :(

They look so plump and nice and colourful and big (and this just sounds wrong).... and mine are like scragly froot loops!

Seems I got the wrong torch corals as well.... Did anyone else order Torch?
Ordered green and purple tip torch, got a yellow tip (ugly brown with bright tips) and some type of Frogspawn/octo thinger.

Ordered
> 1- Green Torch - Per head $10
> 1- Purple Tip Torch - Per head frag $20
> 1- Red Aussie Acan - 3 Heads frag $10
> 1- Aussie Hulk Acan - 3 heads frag $10

Received
Yellow Tip Torch,
Some kinda frogspawn
Greenish acans
redish acans

Can somebody else who ordered Red Aussie Acans and Aussie Hulk acans confirm what theirs looked like?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/zNewFishNewCoral056.jpg

Kryos
05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Ordered

Received
Yellow Tip Torch,
Some kinda frogspawn
Greenish acans
redish acans

Can somebody else who ordered Red Aussie Acans and Aussie Hulk acans confirm what theirs looked like?

Looking at your 2nd Choice Column on the spread sheet, it looks like you got everything but from your second choice.

Paigee
05-09-2012, 04:38 AM
My acans look pretty good, I've seen both extend feeders already
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/peike424/8f27895a.jpg

This is my first acro, third sps overall, and it has colored up a bit and has partial polyp extension
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/peike424/74f0e842.jpg

And these are the pink/teal palys that I'm sure will colour up quite nicely. I'm surprised how many polyps I got, website said 15-20 and I count well over 20.
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/peike424/ad788ba4.jpg

Overall I'm impressed with my order, I'm interested to hear how the mistakes are corrected.

Also, huge shout out and thanks to Anthony! His big tank is beautiful, I'm glad I got a chance to see it!

Coasting
05-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by Coasting http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=714954#post714954)
Ordered

Received
Yellow Tip Torch,
Some kinda frogspawn
Greenish acans
redish acans

Looking at your 2nd Choice Column on the spread sheet, it looks like you got everything but from your second choice.

I can understand that, however not once did I tell Burc I had those back ups, and I did confirm (a few times, im paranoid) that he had my original coral in stock and that I would be sent those ones. Plus the brown torch isn't really any of the picks, looks more like yellow tip or cream tip. Both Green Torch and Green tip torch are green polyp with green tip. Kinda sad, been waiting for a nice torch for months :( held out from buying a few ive seen lately since I knew these ones were coming.

htfn
05-09-2012, 04:51 AM
I ordered 5 zoas and one acan.
3 zoas haven't open yet but the other 2 are not what I saw in his web pictures.
Acan is little bit damaged but I've got 5 heads instead of 3.
Oh well, I hope they will change a colour in the next few days or week.

Snaz
05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Ordered

Received
Yellow Tip Torch,
Some kinda frogspawn
Greenish acans
redish acans

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/zNewFishNewCoral056.jpg

Here is my red aussie acan. Teal and blueish edges, inner circle is brownish instead of red with blueish centers. Pretty much what is one his website, I expect the colours will improve.
http://snaz.com/marine/red_aussie_acan.jpg

This shot is true colour so the fluorescence is not popping to much. Tomorrow I'll punch up the blue leds and we can compare to the website shot.

Coasting
05-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Seems like everyones acans are whole and have been a healed frag for awhile.... Mine looks fresh cut with only 1 true full head per frag.

Whatever those red/yellowishgreen acans are that Kryos got.... I WANT GIMMIE GIMMIE.

Aquaria
05-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Sorry to hear some people's orders didn't work out :( I'm not sure if I got the acans I ordered, but they are all healthy.

Aquaria, my rics both look good. Heres a pic
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/peike424/a3f6edd0.jpg

Definitely not the same :( It's looks nice like on the site mine got a bit of color by the time the lights went out but nothing like yours ill post pics tomorrow I really hope it colors up more its a bland yellow atm

Paigee
05-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Definitely not the same :( It's looks nice like on the site mine got a bit of color by the time the lights went out but nothing like yours ill post pics tomorrow I really hope it colors up more its a bland yellow atm

Hmmm that's kinda lame. Hope it colors up for you!

Bblinks
05-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Sorry to say guys but this is the same experience with my frag a lot order a while back.

I swear Burc has no clue about sps, I don't even think he knows what he's got. His collection of zoas isnt much better either. The batch we got was either doa or it was a blank frag plug not to mention missing orders. However I did receive a few nice acans, favia, and other lps.

The part that bugs me the most about Burc is that he is not a honest business person. When I confronted him about the missing pieces he knew that it was shorted even though he did refund some of my money but that's not the point. If I didn't ask about those missing pieces he would've never even said anything. You know when you order 14 piece and only 12 bags showed up, unless you failed grade 2 math you are gonna figure out f&@$ this guy is trying to rip me off intentionally. This is just not good business practice.

If you want quality service and product, snappy is the way to go. Just take a look what the duche send your frags in compare to Greg's, it's night and day and I am not talking about the restaurant either, Leaky bags with couple of pieces of foam, what a joke.

I honestly thought he would get a bit better since this is like a redemption for him on this forum but I guess Brad is right again. Once a duchebag always a duche.

I was contemplating on some lps and acans but never again.

Sorry for those who got ripped off, I know how you feel. I hope everyone paid with visa or PayPal that way you are 100% protected. Contact Burc right away and get your money back.

RuGlu6
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Good thing that i Did Not participate in this group order.
Sorry to hear about people being ripped off.

kobelka
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Anyone else have any sps frag pics that they picked up on this order?

Rogue951
05-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I think I had the most SPS... everyone else did LPS/zoa/acans/shrooms

Snaz
05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys. Please take a deep breath and lets work with Burc to make everyone happy.

Those that DID NOT PARTICIPATE in this buy please do not comment here, this thread details this buy and this buy only. If you want to create a new thread with your thoughts about fragalot then please do so. I need this thread to stay focused about this buy. Please respect that.

Burc cannot defend himself here as he is not a sponsor. Burc has emailed me and I will repost it and then THOSE THAT PARTICIPATED can contact Burc or discuss here. I have not talked with Anthony so I do not know if he wants to be invloved with returns etc. Frankly I would not. These sales are ultimately between Burc and the buyer our involvement was to coordinate the buy into one order which we have done. Anyway here is Burc's email"

"Mistake can happen. But i am not ignoring anyone, i can forward you emails from the people and my responses to them. I just dont think i deserve to be attacked like this from same people all the time.

I will ask a favor from you guys, if you have space and if you would like to do, I will refund the payment if anyone in your group feel ripped off. Once they return the frags back to you.

Please let me know about this.

Thank you very much."

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
For those who mentioned something to me about their orders, I had already emailed Burc last night and he was cool with refunding or replacing the missing or DOA frags. He has been trying his best to make things right. If you bring me back the frags, I will make arrangements for those in the group buy.

Anthony

burgerchow
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalot.jpghttp://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalot.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalot.jpg

this is what I received. I ordered double the standard size frags, so my $100 order became $200. Frags were supposed to be 2" or double the heads.

A little disappointed. Have never bought frags before and never order over the internet . Oh well.. shiiit happens..

Coasting
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Burc seem to want to make it right regardless of what went wrong.

I do not feel I was ripped off as the value of what I got was still what I paid for and they were my back ups. Just dissapointed because I have been waiting months for the perfect torch and I didn't get that purple tip. He has told me he will hold a purple tip aside for me and send it as his apology with the next order.

Coasting
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalot.jpg

this is what I received. I ordered double the standard size frags, so my $100 order became $200. Frags were supposed to be 2" or double the heads.

A little disappointed. Have never bought frags before and never order over the internet . Oh well.. shiiit happens..

Wow some of those are huge! Based on what I got and what others got, some of those do look double, or bigger. I should have though of that! Yeah some do look small but maybe they were even smaller as singles?

BitShifter
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Just want to chime in that my order was all there and healthy. Good sizes for the price.

The last time I ordered acans through fragalot, it just took a bit of time for them to colour up. They went from pretty drab to matching the pictures pretty quickly.

EDIT: Ya, Burgerchow, those are some pretty big frags....

burgerchow
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
yeah, some of them are pretty big. Biggest disappointment was the dragon soul favia. I wanted a big piece, so doubled the size, but I think it's the smallest one on a plug. lol

Coasting
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I haven't even bothered to get out of bed yet to check the coral (and the new fish so nevermind that)
But I do intend to order more from Burc.

Anthony, Keith, what is happening?
I understand if you 2 dont want involvement in dealing with returns or another order.

Will we wait a little and they place another order? Smaller of coarse but at least to meet that 300 minimum. Then replacements can be sent with the order?

Snaz
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I haven't even bothered to get out of bed yet to check the coral (and the new fish so nevermind that)
But I do intend to order more from Burc.

Anthony, Keith, what is happening?
I understand if you 2 dont want involvement in dealing with returns or another order.

Will we wait a little and they place another order? Smaller of coarse but at least to meet that 300 minimum. Then replacements can be sent with the order?
Let the detritus settle and give evevyone a chance to re-evaluate their buys. The orders that do require replacement or credit are ultimately between the buyer and Burc but I think if we coordinate it will be cheaper for everyone, smaller shipping fees.

I am very happy with my order and I am sorry for those who are not. Let's discuss here how we want to proceed. Thank you for keeping it civil.
Keith.

Coasting
05-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I think if we wait a month or so, place another smaller order between those that want to re-order (still meet the 300$ mark), Burc can send the missing/replacement frags along with those. It will give enough time for new frags to appear on his website, and for our wallets to recover.

I would be more then happy to help with the next order.

Kryos
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
yeah, some of them are pretty big. Biggest disappointment was the dragon soul favia. I wanted a big piece, so doubled the size, but I think it's the smallest one on a plug. lol

Go read the Dragon Soul Favia description on the site again, it says $20 for 1 HEAD. You got three, so there should be no complaints on that one.

Edit* - I'm not disatisfied with what I got, since I knew some would be a hit or miss (not matching the picture exactly, that's why I prefer to see them in person or at the very least a non-shopped photo of the Actual specimen so I'll probably won't join the next GB unless there's something I really want), tho like some of you said, they may color up later on to match the picture

Kudos to Burc, Keith and Anthony for setting this up.

Paigee
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
I am also quite happy with my order. Would order from him again, but need to wait till my 20L is ready to rumble! The 10 is looking rather stuffed :D

It sounds like burc is very sincere in his efforts to make things right. And mistakes do happen, especially when organizing $1300 worth of corals. I can sympathize with him there.

Can't wait to see my corals today! One of my acans had some serious feeders out last night, the other one wasn't so enthusiastic though.

Flash
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Snaz!

My hulks look the same! they color up really nice!!

ScubaSteve
05-09-2012, 05:27 PM
No dissatisfaction on this end here. Sure one of the pieces didn't make it and one was mixed up but really, all the pieces are nice and will colour up. Even the ones I didn't order. I got an SPS frag that I didn't order on one of the last orders I did. It was brown when I got it but has since turned into one of the most stunning frags in my tank!

tripsandfalls
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
In general, I'm pretty happy with my order. 10 bucks a frag doesn't buy you much at any LFS here in the GVA (but there are lots of generous reefers in this community with real nice pieces that will share nice large frags for that price) in my experience and you certainly aren't going to find colorful acans like the ones Burc stocks.

My acans were still a little deflated yesterday after I put them in and headed back to work, but with lights off last night they all had lots of feeder tentacles extended and they all looked inflated, so hopefully I can make it home today before lights off to get a good look at 'em. They all had a decent amount of heads, I thought.

My boiling red zoas frag was a little on the meagre side, and hadn't opened yet so tough for me to comment on quality, but the quantity was well compensated for with a very generous watermelon zoa frag. For 10 bucks, this frag was huge. Burc must have an excess of the watermelon zoas kicking around. :)

Pics to come.

Ginu
05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I got my order from Anthony late last night and after acclimating I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what I got so no complains.

The frogspawn looked awesome and opened up nicely and super fast (I'm assuming today it will be even bigger)

Birds-nest was looks awesome as well and best birds I've gotten so far. It was open within 20 mins and kept on getting bigger.

Favia was nice looking and very happy with the size

Ric looks nice, however it needs to color up more. Time will fix this without a doubt.

The paly's and zoa's on the other hand were pretty ****ed off and didn't open last night, however I expect them to be happy today and open right up. I will update later perhaps with pics as well. Frag sizes were more than decent for the price.

Thanks Anthony, Keith and Burk.

PS: Anthony's main tank is super nice

burgerchow
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Go read the Dragon Soul Favia description on the site again, it says $20 for 1 HEAD. You got three, so there should be no complaints on that one.

Edit* - I'm not disatisfied with what I got, since I knew some would be a hit or miss (not matching the picture exactly, that's why I prefer to see them in person or at the very least a non-shopped photo of the Actual specimen so I'll probably won't join the next GB unless there's something I really want), tho like some of you said, they may color up later on to match the picture

Kudos to Burc, Keith and Anthony for setting this up.

I'm not really complaining, just thought the dragon souls would be a little bigger.like I said, I've never bought frags before online and I guess my expectations were a little higher. Its my fault. Next time I will know betterm

Aquaria
05-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Overall im very happy don't get me wrong I will order again as I realize it was a 1300 order over 100 frags mistakes are bound to happen what matters is he fixes his mistakes. I'm not ready to make a complaint yet was going to wait a day to see how my other Ric colors up but as of last night I was pretty sure he sent the wrong Ric. Other then that i got what I was supposed to get and an extra head on each acan no less

Aquaria
05-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Ginu can u post a pic of ur multicolor Ric #1 for comparison purpose

Bblinks
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM
So interested in a Fragalot group buy and live in the lower mainland?

Steps as I see it:
1. Choosing a host. Someone with tank space or a usable quarantine tank able to host the purchases until the buyers have a chance to pickup their frags. I would hope everyone could pickup their frags within five days of them landing at our host. Host would need to be central and preferably south of the Fraser. Preferably host is a canreef regular so we can all feel good about trusting him/her with our purchases

2. Payment. I am thinking PayPal has some group options we can take advantage of. Should be easy. Payment coordinator does not have to be the frag host but it might make things easier.

3. Communicating with Fragalot. I remember one group buy where communication was poor and timing was unlucky because the seller had some serious personal issues at the time. This caused some aggravation and stress all around and I am hoping to avoid that. I am hoping Burc or whoever coordinates our order will post here and keep us all in the loop.

DO NOT MAKE FRAGALOT PURCHASES AND SAY TO THE SELLER THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE CANREEF GROUP BUY AT THIS TIME. I think this was the root of some of the confusion on that other group buy. If you want something from Fragalot NOW then go ahead and make the purchase and ship to yourself.

Once we sort out the details of the group buy we will communicate as a team to the seller and life will be good. If you do not understand this last point speak up now.

Discuss please.

http://www.fragalot.ca/

My apologies snaz, I am glad everything is getting sorted out! I am off this thread.

Ginu
05-09-2012, 08:10 PM

I will once I get home.

Coasting
05-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Got an e-mail from burc with pictures of new corals and maxi-mini hes got at the moment....
... So when are we doing another order.... I must have some of those new coral! Though I'd still rather wait for more to choose from LOL

Coasting
05-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Okay I am NOT going to stay up and PM the link to people, far to lazy and my bed is looking aweful comfy right now.
And Im sure you guys want to see them....

Heres the link Burc sent me
LINK REMOVED
I tried to get those Bright red acans on the 2nd page but their already sold... Damn...

Shoulda just posted it in the first place lol but didnt know if anyone else had spoken to him and gotten the pictures.

reefermadness
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Look at the size of those....they are micromussa not acans.

jorjef
05-10-2012, 12:13 PM
They look like Acans to me, wouldn't Micromussa have smaller heads than that? What ever people want to call them they are awesome looking

reefermadness
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM
They look like Acans to me, wouldn't Micromussa have smaller heads than that? What ever people want to call them they are awesome looking
Look at his hand in a few of the pics...the heads are tiny....

jorjef
05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe not Aussie Acans ,I would say Indo acans. :biggrin: I still think too big for Micro.

reefermadness
05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
ya because indo Acanthastrea lordhowensis are smaller than the ones from australia.....

scratches head.

PurpleMonkey
05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
As an update on my order (I ordered with Rogue951), 3/4 frags of acans are inflating and starting to colour up (yay!). The Aussie Hulk acan frag doesn't seem to want to open up... any ideas?

Its in the top third of my biocube, 2x36w PC lights, med-med-high flow

Snaz
05-10-2012, 04:18 PM
My Aussie maze has not improved. I received mostly a skeleton with some flesh and was hoping more flesh was tucked away waiting to emerge but alas it looks thin still.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wqWn3bxjItI/T6vqxcLBqrI/AAAAAAAAArg/BOTcougaxQg/w497-h373/maze.jpg

Anyone have experience with this coral? Will it recover? It is in good light now but I could raise it higher if needed. It could not be tempted to extend tentacles after dark with my usual after dark feeding.

Aquaria
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Why was the link removed? We doing another grp buy? Lol those were some nice pieces

Flash
05-10-2012, 05:22 PM
lol mi bought the acans from the e-mail! lol! and move the hulk acan to the bottom of the tank not the top! and mico's are still types of acans, just not as big.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Why was the link removed? We doing another grp buy? Lol those were some nice pieces

Because the vendor is not a site sponsor so it is against the rules to post that sort of stuff. Very standard rule among websites.

Mandosh
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
and mico's are still types of acans, just not as big.

Well, not really at all. They are in the same family, but different genuses. That is essentially like saying Scolomia or Symphilia are acans, just bigger.

Flash
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
same family. smaller heads. regardless they are awesome and the colors are amazing!

jjntm
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
because on here his name is valdemort!!! speak his name and you may be banned! post any pics of the beautiful corals you received and it will be deleted like most threads... lol...

As for a couple of you talking about colors and giving it a couple of days... colors are bound to be dull after shipping, especially fresh cuts... it will take more like 2-3 weeks for everything to color up again... I have had a few orders from Bu... I mean Fra... I mean valdemort, everything that arrived without color now is colored back up and are all amazing!!!

Coasting
05-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Well if anyone wants the link I can pm it to them... or if thats still against the rules, send me your e-mail address or something

Im tempted to grab one of the maxi-minis but I dont know if I want a nem... But their so pretty....

jjntm
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
pm'ing is fine, staff already agreed that was ok... please pm me...

Doug
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
because on here his name is valdemort!!! speak his name and you may be banned! post any pics of the beautiful corals you received and it will be deleted like most threads... lol...

Nice post.

Not. :sad:

reefwars
05-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice post.

Not. :sad:

+1

jorjef
05-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Im tempted to grab one of the maxi-minis but I dont know if I want a nem... But their so pretty....

Hope you don't want PIC'S 1,14,15 or 18 :biggrin:

reefermadness
05-10-2012, 08:09 PM
same family. smaller heads. regardless they are awesome and the colors are amazing!
Well actually NO....they are not in the same family...different family, different species. They do look a lot a like except for the size. Nothing wrong with micro's...there are some amazing ones out there and actually more rare than acans.

acan lordhowensis
http://www.sdmas.com/corals/4.php

Micro amakusensis
http://www.sdmas.com/corals/412.php

Flash
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
meh!! cool regardless and I have pic 27 coming to me! stoked!!

Aquaria
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
If anyone buys pic 38 or 42 please please sell me a piece lol

burgerchow
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM
ok, here are some pics of my frags we got.

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalotmay10.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/greenfaviamay10.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/fragalotfragsmay10.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/dragonsoulfavia.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/christmaschalice.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/blastosmay10.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/greenfaviamay10.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae85/burgerchow/redeyemay10.jpg

burgerchow
05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
sorry about the quality of pic. Taken from my blackberry

Flash
05-11-2012, 01:17 AM
If anyone buys pic 38 or 42 please please sell me a piece lol

42 is also mine! if I frag it i'll let you know!

ScubaSteve
05-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Can someone PM me that link? I feel like I'm losing out here.

Aquaria
05-11-2012, 01:30 AM
42 is also mine! if I frag it i'll let you know!

Dam I ment 43 :( although 42 is nice as well

Flash
05-11-2012, 02:07 AM
43 was the first one gone!!

Aquaria
05-11-2012, 03:10 AM
43 was the first one gone!!

Wish I knew who bought those 2 :( but on one of my Edmonton trips in the next year u should frag that bad boy for Meh ..... ;)

Flash
05-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Let me know when you're in town!!

Din Gior
05-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Wish I knew who bought those 2 :( but on one of my Edmonton trips in the next year u should frag that bad boy for Meh ..... ;)

I'm getting 39 and 43.

Flash
05-11-2012, 04:08 AM
how'd you manage that?! lol! i thought it was someone in ontario?

Aquaria
05-11-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm getting 39 and 43.

38 was my fav but 39 is really nice to let me know once u frag ill be interested in both

Din Gior
05-11-2012, 04:16 AM
how'd you manage that?! lol! i thought it was someone in ontario?

I was fast as a flash :)

Flash
05-11-2012, 06:08 AM
lmao! nice score my friend!

Ginu
05-11-2012, 03:49 PM

So after a few days of waiting:

Out of the zoos and paly's only the watermelon Zoa survived and opened up nicely with lots of heads. After about two days of waiting for some magic hoping they would come back to live I sniffed them and two smell awful and dead; third might still survive in the long run.
Rastas paly - DOA
Eye of Ra - DOA
Dragon eye paly - DOA
Sun coral - nice size however it wont open up (have to keep trying since they are finicky corals)

Below is a pic of t he multicolored ric #1 - this was taken a day ago and i was away all day yesterday so I haven't had the chance to see if anything has changed in terms of color.

http://imageshack.us/f/818/dsc1962qt.jpg/

Guess it can be risky to order palys/zoas :(

Snaz
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
So after a few days of waiting:

Out of the zoos and paly's only the watermelon Zoa survived and opened up nicely with lots of heads. After about two days of waiting for some magic hoping they would come back to live I sniffed them and two smell awful and dead; third might still survive in the long run.
Rastas paly - DOA
Eye of Ra - DOA
Dragon eye paly - DOA
Sun coral - nice size however it wont open up (have to keep trying since they are finicky corals)

Below is a pic of t he multicolored ric #1 - this was taken a day ago and i was away all day yesterday so I haven't had the chance to see if anything has changed in terms of color.

Guess it can be risky to order palys/zoas :(

Ginu make sure you let Burc know, he will make good.
Keith,

Ginu
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Ginu make sure you let Burc know, he will make good.
Keith,

I've sent him an email last night and see if anything can be done.

Cheers,

Rogue951
05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
sooooo is there gonna be another group order where we can fix some of these issues?

Snaz
05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
sooooo is there gonna be another group order where we can fix some of these issues?

Yes good idea. Perhaps sooner than later so the summer heat does not cause issues.

I can put up a new spreadsheet easily enough. Any issues on how we handled this last order? What changes would you like to see?

Seahorse_Fanatic are you willing to receive the order again?

Coasting
05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Can we wait until Burc gets more new coral in?

IMO he doesnt have alot that sparks my intrest right now, and I would like to wait for his next shipment, or his beginning of June shipment to have more to choose from. He said he gets 2 a month.

It sounds like he has no issue holding onto coral for us until we place another order, and I for one would like a better choice as it seems all the nice stuff from his Beginning of May order is gone ;)

If anthony cant receive the order, I can volunteer to receive it. I may not have a big tank but I have more then enough stuff here to keep the corals at an appropriate temp with out taking them out of the box and adding to their handling.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, I can receive. After all, most everyone knows how to get to my place already:wink:

Ginu
05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I will join the next order again, however I'd like to wait a bit for new corals and it cant be too long as summer will most likely be too hot for a coral shipment across Canada.

Rogue951
05-15-2012, 12:49 AM
I just want to get what I originally ordered. =(

Snaz
05-15-2012, 01:08 AM
We only need $300 to get the shipping costs covered. I say we do another buy immediately and those that want to wait for more stock can do so.

Coasting
05-15-2012, 01:46 AM
He has the same stuff he did last time, whats the harm in waiting a little longer for him to actually get another new shipment in so those of us that need replacements have something to pick from?

Rogue951
05-15-2012, 01:56 AM
For ppl like me who want only what what they ordered from last time. Since I'm not going to spend any new money how will that affect the $300 shipping limit?

reefermadness
05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
For ppl like me who want only what what they ordered from last time. Since I'm not going to spend any new money how will that affect the $300 shipping limit?
I would ask for my money back or he can ship the frags he owes you...you shouldnt have to spend more money to get what you paid for in the first place.

This isnt against Burc specifically but you should get what you payed for....mistakes can happen but they should be corrected. Where can you order something specific...receive something completely different and than have to spend more money to get what you originally ordered?