PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy pods online - Canada

ashr
04-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey all

Anyone know where i can buy copepods online in Canada? I used to get some from reefs2go but they dont ship here anymore. Im looking for the big ones, not any tiger or anything else from J&L etc

Any help on this would be great!

freezetyle
04-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey all

Anyone know where i can buy copepods online in Canada? I used to get some from reefs2go but they dont ship here anymore. Im looking for the big ones, not any tiger or anything else from J&L etc

Any help on this would be great!

are you trying to reseed your tank? If so see if anyone locally has a ball of cheato. Should be full of them

Reef Puffer
04-22-2012, 08:18 PM
are you trying to reseed your tank? If so see if anyone locally has a ball of cheato. Should be full of them
+1 my chaeto is full of stuff...

Douglas
04-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Try here:

http://www.reefcrew.com/Bionomic/?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49

ashr
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I have cheato growing in the back under LED lights but mandarin is looking skinny again. Just wanna get more.. I do see pods swimming around but I wanna just make sure there are more then enough to eat :)

Thanks for the link!

paddyob
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I have cheato growing in the back under LED lights but mandarin is looking skinny again. Just wanna get more.. I do see pods swimming around but I wanna just make sure there are more then enough to eat :)

Thanks for the link!

How old is your system? A mandarin is tricky to keep for the most part, requiring a mature system.

If she is getting skinny, perhaps there is too much competition for her.

Any chance you have a sand sifter in there? Or other pod eating fish like wrasse?

Looking at your build thread, I would guess you have not got nearly enough rock work to support a mandarin long term.