PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock from Petcetera? Where to buy LR in Edmonton?

db28
03-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Hello

Has anyone order live rock at Petcetera?
http://www.petcetera.ca/liverock.html

@ 7.99/lb i was considering about getting some. (40~50lb)

I would like to get LR/LS locally instead of mail order (JL Aquatics, The Fish Net). Been to Aquarium Illusion (A little expensive)

Any other pet stores in Edmonton? that have high quality LR/LS?

Thanks

Ben

Nemain
03-16-2004, 09:52 PM
you can check at the family pet store in Sherwood Park =)

Stretch
03-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Big AL's has it on sale At 7.99lbs sometimes

Most places charge 9.99 which is outragous, I won't pay over 7.99 even then I'm getting ripped off.

Whats AI @ still 10.99llbs? :rolleyes:

J&L is your best bet if you ordering over 70lbs then your be looking at about 6 bucks a pound with shipping if you bought fiji

targaboy78
03-16-2004, 10:20 PM
If you do consider ordering On-Line.

http://paulsaquarium.com/live_rock.htm
Premium Fiji Live Rock.
Current Price - over 10 - lb $4.75 per lb.

Quinn
03-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Agreed that J&L is your best bet. The Kanai rock is excellent. A bit heavier than Fiji rock, but still very porous, lots of life as well, very fresh stuff. If Paul's Aquarium will ship, that also sounds like a good deal.

mr_alberta
03-17-2004, 12:21 AM
You could also get a few pounds of liverock locally, then order some baserock from somewhere. It will take a bit of time to seed all the base rock, but you'd save a couple hundred bucks.

qwiksilver
03-28-2004, 04:56 AM
If you haven't already ordered live rock or bought it, you should also check out TBS (Tampa Bay Saltwater) live rock packages. They are phenomenal. They send you everything really cheap, and they ship in water. I know shipping is more, but when you see all the sponges and corals coming in on peoples rock that have bought from them, it's amazing. Another good thing is that it is grown by them and harvested so that they have minimal impact on the environment. Otherwise, if you get together with people and buy a box straight off AI they give you a good deal. :lol:

mr_alberta
03-28-2004, 01:39 PM
I didn't know TBS did cross border shipments?

martym
03-28-2004, 02:04 PM
The live rock from Pauls Aquarium is nice rock. Right now it doesn't have much growth on it, which I think is why he is selling it for 4.75/lb. I bought most of my rock from there and it looks great now lots of coreline growth. I live close so I don't know how he is for shipping though.

snaggle
07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I got some from Petcetera it was the worst stuff ever