PDA

View Full Version : Midnight angelfish in reef tank

windcoast reefs
04-18-2012, 11:58 PM
So today I saw a amazing midnight angel for a price that I couldn't pass up! I keep mainly sps with a few zoas and some Lps in my 120 display. What is everyones opinion on this combo? Should I find it a new home or just wait it out and see how it is?

Duker
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Hey, Gareth had one in his 265gallon for a long time with lots of sps, clams, softies that were all doing well. The lps on the other hand were never really 100% after he moved it to the store. But it is still an angel....so watch her for a bit.

windcoast reefs
04-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey, Gareth had one in his 265gallon for a long time with lots of sps, clams, softies that were all doing well. The lps on the other hand were never really 100% after he moved it to the store.

Actually it's the same fish! It seems to pick at the rock and it seemed to go after a brain once but other than that it's been good. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Was the Lps just not a 100% because of the move or the angel?

Nano
04-19-2012, 01:04 AM
My angel behaves very well but I hear they like clams so it may inhibit me purchasing one inn the future

Duker
04-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Was the Lps just not a 100% because of the move or the angel?

Well, this is the question....we never really figured it out. It should be easy for u to figure out. Good luck with her Jake.

windcoast reefs
04-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Well I came home from picking up some corals to find him nipping at my superman montipora, looks like he will spend a night in the sump until I can bring him to blue worlds.

Borderjumper
04-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Well I came home from picking up some corals to find him nipping at my superman montipora, looks like he will spend a night in the sump until I can bring him to blue worlds.
Well damn! Atleast now you know.

Oh the blood worms.. One ate!

windcoast reefs
04-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Great I'm glad they took to those! Well I got the angel out and into the sump. Let's just say I did some emergency aquascaping! But he is safely in the sump waiting for a new home! Anyone who wants him just pm me and I can give you a pretty wicked deal and a great addition to a fish only tank!