PDA

View Full Version : anyone find a Radion program for excellent color?

montrealguy
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Hi I've been trying programs over my 60 cube sps tank for 4 months. So far,I had times with good growth,excessive algae and either good colors or pale colors....mostly pale. I found many articles by Dana Riddle explaining how red light can bleach corals so I recently set greens to 10% and reds to 0%. My blues are at 100% whites around 50%. And things are looking better. I found many people run the radion overall intensity quite low 40%-75% because of bleaching. What have you guys found with this light?

Top-dogg
04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
I'll pm you later what I'm using right now. I found it from an old thread or pm
Subman.

subman
04-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Here is the thread.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84352

I like the glow one for color, I have since changed it to go darker overnight.

montrealguy
04-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Ok, but are you saying the blue in your programs make the corals look good, or did they actually improve in coloration. Cuz when I dropped the red mine colored up regardless of the blue "pop" effect.

subman
04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I think you need need the red and green to make the corals 'pop'. Play with it as my Tank and coral selection and colors are very different from yours (everyone else's too) Once you hit your sweet spot upload the profile to let everyone else try it out.

montrealguy
04-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Could you post a pic of your tank?

subman
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I wish I could but I am in the middle of swapping from a 90 to a new 225g so my radions are just hanging over an empty spot now.

Coralgurl
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I have Subman's profiles but haven't downloaded yet. I should be able to get to this tonight, can post pics for you, but my photography skills suck :biggrin:

I find my colors pop under the blue more at sunset. The reds in the morning give my tank a funky look but I'm dealing with cyano which could be throwing things off. The only thing I've done is to changed the times and brightness, otherwise my settings are factory.

Anyway, I will try to get this loaded tonight for you.

Top-dogg
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm using subman's profile also. Just changed the day/night time. After a while the First thing I noticed was my red planet frag getting its green base back and all other sps I got getting their colors more intense.

subman
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I just want to make it clear I take no credit for making these profiles. I have just collected some from other sources and compiled them. I deserve no credit for these profiles except the ones that say Subman lol