PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Frogspawn? Id

HaZRaTTy
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey,

Peering into the tank today I noticed this growing on the same rock as my Frogspawn colony. I'm assuming its a small colony starting judging from the shape and white tips on the ends and location to my original colony. Figured I'de post and see if anyone had any information or this has happened to them.

How do they propigate like this?

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/993/021ne.png
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/6601/019eh.jpg

parkinsn
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
That looks more like a jewel anemone possibly.

Nano
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
jewel or bubble, hard to tell, any chance of getting a top view?

HaZRaTTy
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
jewel or bubble, hard to tell, any chance of getting a top view?

Don't think my iPhone would enjoy getting a SW dip. I will go see what I can do for ya!

Sorry no top view available as its blurry and doesn't show anything not already visible, are you looking for something specific?

reefwars
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Ball anemone??

Nano
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
sometimes its easier to tell when you can see the over all shape and size, the mouth etc.. I would still guess jewel or bubble anemone at this point. possibly tilt the rock (if possible) towards the glass for a better view?

HaZRaTTy
04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Just went through pictures of a Jewel and Ball Anemone - It looks like them both, it doesn't however look like a uniform circle and not only growing up the sides but through the middle as well.

Any way to ID or sweat it out until it starts to color or grow bigger.

Nano
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Just went through pictures of a Jewel and Ball Anemone - It looks like them both, it doesn't however look like a uniform circle and not only growing up the sides but through the middle as well.

well maybe just keep an Eye on it, it doesnt look like the pesky types to me. but watch and see, once it gets bigger you'll be able to get a more positive ID

parkinsn
04-17-2012, 07:43 PM

Jewel and ball nem's will stay small. So if is doesn't grow, but splits that will give you a better idea of what it is.

HaZRaTTy
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Jewel and ball nem's will stay small. So if is doesn't grow, but splits that will give you a better idea of what it is.

Trying to get a better picture i've noticed that there is another one about 3 inches from this one thats long and narrow and not circular at all.

I could not get a clear picture at all of the top or mouth or anything dam photography skills!

The mouth looks white and it extends out a small bit. (just like a ball anemone, i'll check the jewel to see if the mouth looks similar)